Many times as I travel I sense that people in the body of Christ anticipate church service (or a ceremony) rather than coming with an expectancy for whatever the Hand of God will do in their lives. I can not help but to feel that this is associated with a spirit of complacency in which they rely on the traditional duty of religion rather than "relationship with God." As I reflect upon this matter, I can not help but to feel that the Body of Christ has become comfortable with just the 'Logos' Word and have in the process neglected the 'Rhema' Word. Brothers and Sisters I invite you to expound upon this present condition in the Church; hoping to impart life into the dry bones that have attached themselves to the Church Body.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you my brother in Christ for your response.

I feel that many people in the body have diminished their view of God and look at worshiping Him as just another task that they have to complete. Thus, a lack of relationship with the Father. They do not realize that in this spirit they are cheating themselves of exploring the endless capacity of who God is. They believe that they can bribe God, "Lord I come to church so you can do something for me." They act like they are doing God a favor just by showing up! They try to manipulate God to "turn them a favor." The faith level in the Body has become low. Too many people in the body are wearing masks trying to be something they are not... trying to project an image and inside they are all messed up. Some who are in the Body do no want to sacrifice the flesh to enter into deeper relationship with God. They just want the benefits of what God has to offer but they do not want to submit to Him. Too many are playing church instead of giving God the time they should. Soon as they get into trouble they are the first and loudest ones crying out for God to help them. In a natural relationship, who would stand for a person to pretend to show interest in them knowing that this person really got their mind or eye on something or someone else? How can a relationship last if you only want to see me when you need something or you are in trouble? God does not need the sloppy seconds! We should love God with our whole heart, mind, and body. If we come in relationship with God and expect Him to take us to the level we need to be then we could truly witness the "Glory of God!"

In Jesus' Name,

Prophetess Sherri Thomas
Tabernacle of New Jerusalem
Apostolic International Ministries, Inc.
(A.I.M.)
WELL MY DEAR PROPHETESS, YES THE STATEMENT YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT IS SO FILLED WITH TRUTH. BUT PART OF THE PROBLEM AS I SEE IT TO BE IS THAT GOD IS ALWAYS REARRANGING THE WAY HE DOES THINGS, THROUGH A PARADINE SHIFTING EVERY 10 YEARS, BY PUSHING AND BIRTHING . AND ANY TRUE VISIONARY WILL BE IN TUNE WITH THE NEW OBLATION GOD IS BRING INTO THE CHURCH.

HOWEVER AS I HAVE SAID ALL OF THAT; TO MAKE THIS POINT IS THAT TRADITION HAS MISSED THE MOVE OF GOD. SINCE I AM AN APOSTLE, I HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD FROM THE GROUND UP AND LAY A FOUNDATION OF TEACHING THE MANIFESTATION OF EXPECTATION, THIS HAS BECOME THE NORM IN MY CHURCH.

BUT THE REASON THE PEOPLE ARE STUCK WHERE THEY ARE, IS BECAUSE THE LEADER IS EITHER NOT IN TUNE WITH THE HEART BEAT OF GOD,TO ALLOW HIM TO TRULY HAVE FREEDOM OR THE LEADER WILL CONTINUE TO ALLOW THE DICTATES OF THE PEOPLES BONDAGES OF RELIGIOUS ORDER DICTATE TO THEM AND THEY REFUSE TO CHANGE BECAUSE REFUGE IS IN THE CONGREGATIONS OFFERING AND TITHES. WHY OFFEND THE BIGGEST GIVERS BY TEACHING FREEDOM, LIBERTY AND EXPECTANCY. WHEN IT'S EASY TO WORK ON THE EMOTIONS OF PEOPLE AND KEEP WHAT SEEMS TO BE IMPRESSIVE. BUT THERE IS NO TRUE EXPECTANCY OF FULLNESS OF THE TIME OF GOD TO ARRIVE IN THE EXPECTANCY OF REVELATION MANIFESTED.........................

A HOUSE IS NO GREATER THAN IT'S LEADER.......................SO STOP LOOKING AT THE S H E E P AND LOOK AT THE LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHEEP ONLY KNOW ONE THING AND THAT IS TO FOLLOW THE PASTOR WITH THE SHEPHERDS STAFF.....................

LOVE, LIVE AND PROSPER
DR. CAROL SHERMAN PH.D., TH.D., D.D.
FOUNDER OF COUNCIL OF FEMALE APOSTLES, PROPHETS, BISHOPS AND PASTORS
HERE ON THIS SITE LOOK IT UP AND SHARE.
Dear Sister in Christ:

What you have stated is so very, very true. However, as Christians we also have a responsibility to study scripture for ourselves and to seek GOD for ourselves. We should compare what is being taught to us to what is being served to us as food. If what is being served does not seem to consist of the ingredients that are evident in what is given in scripture then naturally we should have an expectancy for the true WORD. When I go to a restaurant, I go there knowing that at this moment I am not the chief. I know that the chief specializes in the food that he/she cooks. I know what good food is supposed to look like and I know what good food is suppose to taste like. When the food is placed before me, I know whether or not it looks right. When I taste the food, I know whether or not it tastes right; even if I have never tasted it before. If the food is bland, I will reject it and make a request for a better dish. Therefore, it is our right as children of God to make a demand upon the deposit that God has placed in the Undershepherd that is entrusted to lead us. In essence, I am saying that God's sheep know His voice. When one in leadership does not comply with what the Lord says then those who know the Lord will know it. Yes, I do agree that many leaders have become complacent in their positions. Many are not giving the right kind of food to the sheep. I do look at the leader as well as the sheep. As humans we have the ability to sense when something is right or wrong. My reference was made to people who seek the benefits of God and not true relationship. In essence, I refer to those who insist upon straddling the fence, instead of committing to true relationship with the Father. Moreover, I refer to those who insist upon playing church. My reference is to developing a thirst for God and not a ceremony. In this respect, I address both the leader and the sheep. When church service is over, our connection to God does not stop. The leader does not live with the congregation. He or she can not make the sheep eat nor can the sheep make the leader lay prostrate before the Lord. As children of God, we ALL have the responsibility of seeking God for ourselves. Our personal walk with God should create expectancy from our Saviour. My reference is to all who are apart of the body of Christ and who have become complacent. We all are responsible to the covenant that we have with God. Every moment of our lives we have that responsibility whether we are assembled together or going about our day to day affairs. Indeed, my sister, my reference is to all who are apathetic in the BODY; that expectancy should come from all of us in Christ' BODY; that comprises those in the choir, the PULPIT, the congregation, and all who seek Christ!!!

With the Love of Christ,
Prophetess Sherri Thomas
Hi Prophetess Thomas, I can't believe I missed this answer you replied with. I should have by all means tuned back in. I love your spirit.

I thought may be we were discussing God not needing our simulation of a true ceremony and not necessarily the personality of enactment of complacency in the Church.

But I must assuredly agree with your statements about the relationships, the complacency, the mediocrity, the melancholiness and the lack of fervent intensity for truth.
As we see in the spirit these problems, we must continue to pray for those that are yet carnal. I have been in ministry now over 20 + years. I have seen this all the time. It will always be. Jesus address it in the Garden, the Apostle Paul talked about. We were warned about it. It boils down to our own personal drive to develop a greater understanding that will distinguish us, our fragrance of cinnamon that will cause others to take notice of his presence upon us that they may to want to worship and love, respect, the true Godhead in spirit and in truth.

Our actions speak volumes. He said" he would allow the tares to come up with the wheat", I have come to learn through great experiences. That we can't change anyone all we can really do is live it and love them. The ultimate challenges come when we know the truth and want better for the Whole Body and can't do anything about it.

I touch and agree with you that God awaken them out of their sleeping state. That all the formalism and legalism will disband in our generation, from bondage of illiteracy to a functioning literacy of conformity to Christ.

Love, Live and Prosper
Oh thanks for sharing it is invigorating to have some that has the ability to address such issues. Hit me back with an answer to below. I will look forward to even greater discussions with you.

Dear Sister in Christ:
Thank you for the response. Oftentimes I find that people are quick to bombard heaven with petitions. Many often approach the men and women of God to offer up prayer for their situations. However, they choose to continue in a life in which they rather enjoy the "pleasures of life" as opposed to drawing nearer to the Spirit of God. Thus, they want the benefits without having to labor in the vineyard. It is easy to cry, "Lord, have mercy on me. Help me, Jesus!" Yet, when it comes to "knowing the Lord for ourselves" we rather allow someone else to do the work, someone else to spend time with the Lord and then let us know what the Lord says! If we want a job especially with benefits, we must invest labor- many times we have to work OVERTIME! If our bosses find that we are often lethargic on the job pretty soon we will get a pink slip. We need God and His presence. We need instruction from Him in order to flow in His Spirit. We should stop acting as if we are doing Him a favor! Because He does not HAVE TO do what He does on our behalf.

With blessings and Peace,

Prophetess Sherri Thomas
Dear Prophetess, Every time you write I can hear the expressions of the heart of the true prophet. I agree The saint's must learn how to call on God for themselves with forgiveness so God can hear them.............!! I express this all time in church, but again like you stated, they must learn relationship first before they can learn anything else.............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta run take my son to work but lets discuss some more things. I love ya so much. Stay vigilant for Christ, continue to cry loud and spare not PROPHETESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE LIVE AND PROSPER

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service