I feel many times preachers are thrown under the bus because of public mistake, when the Word of God clearly states Love bearth all things, is kind and not puffed up. Also Love covers.
While issues should be addressed and all should be held accountable for our actions we must consider the full matter and not so quick to judge our brother and sisters faults. When should we apply the Word?
Feel free to comment.

Bishop Hazel

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love is not an excuse to sin. Sin is not a mistake. dont confuse the two. It is the blood of Jesus that cleanses from all unrighteousness. Repentence is the clear response to sin, not love. Because of Love, we are able to forgive. Because of Love, God forgives. Love is not used on our part to cover or condone sin. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life. Remember the first part of that sentence. If one continues to sin that is the evidence that one has not repented. Without repentence, there is no walking and communication with God. 1 John 1:5-7 We cannot continue in sin!
If one is in sin, we should with all love, and sincerity try to restore the person in-order to get them back to a rightful fellowship with GOD. But to use LOVE as a cover ( NO,NO,NO,) The word should be used in all sincerity. no-matter the situation or the person. 2 Timothy 3:16 ( All scripture is given by inspiration of GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of GOD may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.) And again in Hebrews 4:12 For the word of GOD is quick and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
So no we need not judge on our own merits(righteousness) but rather let the WORD be our basis in whatever matter that there be.
Bishop,
We should apply the word always. Whether or not we actually do it is another topic for discussion. It goes without saying that we should be doers of the word and not hearers only deceiving ourselves. Isn't it funny how we fail to practice what we preach at times?

Also, I think when you have the ability to emphathize instead of merely sympathize, your response takes on another form. In other words, take a minute to put yourself in another persons shoes...then you are more likely to be moved with compassion. Afterall, Jesus is our example. He was and is touched by our infirmities and likewise we should touch others (lovingly) and be moved in our speech and actions with compassion.

My comments do not suggest that we should overlook what needs to be corrected or clarified. What I instead suggest is that we reserve judgement especially in that most times we don't have full knowledge. What I suggestion is a commitment to the ministry of intercession in these cases as led by the Holy Spirit.
My son and I was talking about this we both said, Is God uncovering the fleshly side of ministers so everyone else will turn their eyes back on Him and not just at the man/woman behind the pulpit. The sin God will deal with and He is the only one that can. "If my people will humble themselves AND PRAY AND SEEK MY FACE and turn from their wicked ways THEN WILL I HEAL THEIR LAND and forgive their sin" (my translation) I was guilty of putting my leader in that dangerous position of me putting him before God, when I wanted to know something I did not seek God, I got on the phone or went to the church. He will not share His glory with no one, how many other people in the pew has made an idol out of the Pastors and leaders of the church? Lord Help us all. My duty like Minister Haynes states my duty is for me is to interceed, fast and pray for the leaders.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service