Here we are looking at a new year and I wanted to ask a question concerning the Church! In a time when nothing is sacred anymore; people feel as though they can do anything in the church, say anything in the church, and believe anything in THE CHURCH. With all he “ministries” that are cropping up, one ministry says you have to be Prophetic, one says you have to be a “whooper”; one says you have to be Charismatic; one says give a poem and three points. If someone is looking for a relationship with the Lord and wanted to “work out what God has worked in them”, while in a church ministry, how will they know if they are in the right church? HOW WILL THEY KNOW?

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You assume that you know how I walk. You are preaching to the choir.
Brother Terry, I agree with your words, it all begins with I AM, anything coming against HIM is not of the right Spirit or of Truth. The church is to be a mirror of Christ our Lord and Savior, the Love of God
Mrs Fugett writes:"Brother Terry, I agree with your words, it all begins with I AM, anything coming against HIM is not of the right Spirit or of Truth."
It all begins and ends Yes you are right it is all HaShem we are to be a mirror of the Character of G-d we are to be vessels of healing to this sick and dying humanity..thereby showing 'the Love of G-d'..'The Ahavah of Adonai'
Shalom upon your home

Praise God I just came across this discussion and I would like to add this:

In order to understand the importance of being in the right Church and being submitted to the leadership of a pastor, we must look at the reason why God has instituted spiritual leadership in the body of Christ through the ministry gifts. Ephesians 4:11-12 says the ministry gifts—apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, and teacher—have been given for the purpose of edifying the saints. To edify something means to build it up. The five-fold ministry gifts, when functioning properly, help the body of Christ to spiritually grow and develop into maturity.

It is important to seek God so that you are led to the right church for you. God has a specific place to which He has called each of us as Believers, and we are all called to be connected to certain church fellowship. Many times, when people are not in the right church they become critical about different things they see going on, from how church services are conducted to the examples the pastor shares in the sermon. God is displeased with complaining, especially against spiritual leadership, because it can cause sedition and rebellion. We should never speak evil of another person, even when we see things that displease us. Instead, we are to pray about the situation so that God can get involved. When you constantly find fault with your church and its leadership, it may be a sign that you are in the wrong place.

If you are unsure about where you should be attending church, take some time to sit down and ask God where you should be. When you are in the right church, you will receive the spiritual nourishment you need to grow as a Christian, and it will be a joy to attend. There is nothing wrong with getting new direction and insight as to where God would have you to fellowship with other Christians. Finding out if you are in the right church, and where to go if you are not, is one of the best decisions you can make. Discover the will of God for your life in this area so you can go to the next level of spiritual development!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service