I know this should spark a good discussion. I open this conversation for an opportunity to review and share your perspective and views.

I'm a Dem. (by choice) and I have been watching the race closely as things become interesting. Question? Why is it that Hillary takes the African American vote for granite? Time after Time she sends Bill in to rally the ol' guard to get the support, but will not show up herself, why is that? Why has some of our Civil Rights leaders, who claim to have fought for the DREEAAAM!!! to reach this point when we could have a good candidate, who is African American to run in the race and they refuse to support him because they feel we are still entitled and owed Bill for his years in office. Bill is not Hillary. Hillary ain't no Bill. History is repeating itself. We pray for the opportunity, which is then granted, and we refuse to accept and go back and pray again.

People, this is the closest time we have been to seeing the Dream come to life and instead of celebrating, we sit back and ask the question "is this the one or is there another?" I'm a supporter, but I'm not suggesting who you should vote but that you need to vote. We have complained tooooooo long about what is going on and we need to get involved or we will be left behind again. What am I saying? Don't give your vote away, but let it be earned. Learn what each person is saying and how you feel about it. You have a voice, you can say what you from your candidate, and you do count.

I think it is amazing what history is occurring in front of our eyes. People are forsaking color and looking for who is best to represent and not concerning themselves with the candidate of entitlement who you will not see in your church anytime soon. a recent CNN report qouted Hillary as saying, "I'm send Bill because he knows how to speak to them and he is carrying my message." I don't know how you take it but you decide. If you have not registered...do it now. If you are not informed....seek answers now. Do the research and make your decision. This is not an endorsement but a challenge to get involved.

PS.......This is News/Events. Todays News is yesterday's history...be careful who writes your history or you may become history.

Views: 370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let me ask you some questions? Are you voting solely because the candidate is African American or he is the best candidate. Why do you feel he will do anything than no one else has done? If he gets in will he really do things he promises or will he be just like everyone else and just hold office and look out for self. If it is just for history sake to say we have finally put an African American in what will that benefit our communities or people if no changes are really made. No one person can change things without support unless you happen to be the son of a former President that was head of the CIA and then defy the whole nation and do what ever you want even though you prove you're an self righteous idiot. I really don't see any good candidates nor do I think I ever will see any and they keep getting worse and worse. I personally feel this last super power to ever be is in it's pre doom days and will fall as all the others because of the lack of God being in the mix. I hope he gets in though just to see what happens and pray it will make a change for us as a people but excuse my lack of hoorays for it. It's just tough at this stage of my life to get excited about most things and especially when it comes to politics. By the way God has already written my history! God Bless.
John,

I have never voted on party. I always deal with the platform. I have voted Republican as well as Democratic.

I must say the Democratic has the best ndividuals in my life times that is qualified to run for office without any doubt.

That is Obama and Clinton!
Amen!
John, you are right about your history.....I just hope others catch the point.

As you know, I value my vote and intend to make it count, but the problem is this point. If you don't vote then that is just as bad as voting by nature or for the wrong candidate. I agree that the people who are running are lackiing in one area or another, but if you don't vote (which many are hoping people stay out of the process) we could end up with the same problem for anthoer 4 years.

Since this post began, I have notice a change in tactics of some of the Dems. I've got a question. Is it me or does the media only think all Christians have to be Republicans because whenever someone mentions religion, they only associate it to one group.
Obama is the best candidate but the Democratic ticket should be Clinton- President and Obama -VP.

We should have 8 years of Clinton and 8 years of Obama.
Dr. Gadsden,
Would that mean 8 years of Hillary or 8 more years of Bill? I don't believe this is the change we need. We need a new face in Washington that has no ties to the Special interest groups which have funded the Clinton campaign. These groups are paying in advance for her opinion, just like they did during the vote to send inspector into Iraq. this was truly bad judgement or influence from the special interest. Either way, she has never acknowledge or apologized for the mistake (neither has Bush). This "I'm above the world mentality is what is wrong with government. She voted for the Bush Tax cuts for the Rich. We also need to recognize that the opinion of the world may not respect her as a leader.

Experience - She lived in the White House but did not have the responsibility of President. During her time at the White house, the house-cleaner, gardeners, cooks, and etc. lived there as well but it doesn't make them qualified nor does it provide them the experience. It's the experience that got the country in the economic crunch we are in today.

Change - We now have a candidate with a platform, agenda, achievable plans. check out the facts.
I agree after with you. After super Tuesday my mind has changed. Obama!
Obama for President! I'm going for it! Why Not? ALL THE WAY

Syvoskia Bray
Let's really look at this from a Christian perspective, why are we always running too vote when in reality, nothing has changed, except for the names and faces, but the game of politics is still the same. As a blackman in this so-called great society of ours, who has been voting for only 20 years now I must honestly state that nothing has changed. And no mater who wins male, female, black, white, demoncrat, or republiecan, this world shall wax worse and worse.
Too be perfectly honest, neither of them can bring change.

If any of you had the chance to watch C-span on Feb 23, 2008 you would see how black Obama is, and how phony Hillary is. He didn't show up in New Orleans, But was live from New York, she was really just playing up hey I am the best candidate for YOU PEOPLE. You see it is all the same rhetoric ( Blackman distance yourself from the others that you should be most able too identify with) and at the sametime he is on a side that has him alienated. Now here comes Missy and she done done , and worked with so many of us that she is the one who is going to do so much for us. Really think about it.

Only God has our best interest at heart, So why vote for more heart-ache and allusions.
My Brother,
First I hope we are just mis-understanding your response. I know you realize that voting is only the selection process. We fought and died many live just to be entitled to use this process to find not the perfect candidate, but the one who best represents your concerns. Only God can control and only he can do. Maybe, just maybe GOD sent a bush to bring us back to him through adversity. GOD can use a donkey, he can use a man names Obama to bring us back to him through better times. Right. no man nor woman can bring a change but they can be used in the process of change.

Now, my vote is for Obama, how I can not say this from the Pulpit, but I can use this forum to voice my opinion. My hope is that we all get involve in the process for whatever candidate you chose, but let's believe that through God all things arepossible even to the point of believing thhe change in America is Possible. Never forget. God's wrath toward man was never eternal and neither should ours.

Be Bless
HalleluYah!

All of you are correct in some form or fashion and we collectively must not get into disagreements in the face of God " calling for the Spirit of Oneness" unity amongst his children and we must face the Biblical fact these are the last days-the very last days. We should spend our time preparing for that reality-and that reality alone-not getting caught in our ego's opinions about people running for public office. When we do that we relegate God to coach seating ( if you get my drift ) keep giving God the number one 1st-place in everything we do-now and every day that God graces us with life.

Much Love
AMEN BROTHER. I VOTE FOR JESUS CHRIST. WHAT IS WRONG WITH US? WE ARE SO HUNG UP INTO THE POLITICS OF THIS WORLD, UNTIL WE ARE TRULY LOSING GROUND ON WHERE IT REALLY COUNT. WINNING LOSE SOULS FOR OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST WHO IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE. UNTIL HE RETURN MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS-N-CHRIST, YOU WILL NEVER SEE TOTAL PEACE HERE ON EARTH, LET ALONE JUSTICE FOR US IN AMERICA. WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE CONCENTRATING ON THAT GOVERNMENT WHERE THE TRUE JUSTICE WILL BE FOREVER, THAT IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD. YES, WE WILL SUFFER HERE IN THIS COUNTRY AND THE WORLD, DIDN'T HE TELL US THAT IN HIS WORD(THE HOLY BIBLE). DIDN'T HE ALONG WITH ALL OF THE PROPHETS AND APOSTLES SUFFER AT THE HAND OF THOSE WHO WAS IN CONTROL OF THAT GOVERNMENT?? STOP WASTING TIME AND LET'S DO HIS(GOD THE FATHER) WILL IN THE NAME OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. I AM A BLACK MAN IN AMERICA THAT KNOW FIRST HAND ABOUT INJUSTICE HERE IN THIS COUNTRY, BUT, MY FAITH REST IN MY LORD JESUS CHRIST, NOT IN NO MAN OR WOMAN. REGARDLESS OF RACE, CREED, OR COLOR.
I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. ALONG WITH ALL OF OUR CIVIL RIGHTS LEADERS AND WHAT THEY HAVE DONE, INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY AS A TEAM, INFACT I WAS GREATLY INSPIRED BY THEM ALL, BUT, WE ARE IN A NEW DAY AND AGE. I COMMEND YOU TO THE HIGHEST MY BROTHER FOR KEEPING IT REAL. GOD IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAVE OUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART. BE BLESSED IN OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST WITHOUT MEASURE, WHO I GIVE ALL PRAISE AND GLORY TO FOREVER. AMEN.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service