Can one Forgive and Truly Forget?

Greetings,

This is the Day that the Lord has made; REJOICE and be glad in it.

Matthew 6:12- And FORGIVE us Our Debts as we FORGIVE us our Debtors.

My Beloved, we must learn to completely FORGIVE others.
The Question is can one forgive and Truly Forget?

Someone has made you really Angery for the Following Resons; Abuse, assault, rape, unfaithfulness within the marriage, Murder of a loved one, Stolen from you, Lied on You. How does one overcome the deisre to get revenge rather than forgive and truly forget?

When Jesus was on the Cross He said.. " Father FORGIVE THEM for they no not what they do." Even through ALL... that Jesus, went through... He Still Cried out for the Father to FORGIVE Them ( US).
My Lord. (Tears in my eyes)

1 John 1:9- If WE confess OUR Sins, He is faithful and just to FORGIVE US OUR sins and to cleanse us from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.

Who do YOU need to FORGIVE today? and who do YOU need to go to and ask for forgiveness from?
Love snd Peace Be With You,
Tracy Lawanda
Servant/Prayer Warrior/ Certified Chaplain

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The scriptures require us to forgive, for if we forgive not, our Father which is in heaven will not for give us. But the scripture never said that we should forget. If I could forget, I wouldn't need to forgive. We forgive because we can't forget. e.g. If someone takes a straight razor and cut you in the face so that it leaves a permanent scar, it is very conceivable that you could forgive them. But how can you forget? For each and everytime you look in the mirror to wash your face and brush your teeth, although you have forgiven, you will still remember how that scar got there. You are not required to forget because you cannot. Trying to forget something actually helps you to remember it because it's on your mind. You're in affect remembering it, trying to foget it. Many things in life are easily forgotten, but seldom are the things that leaves scars forgotten. Great Topic Sister. God bless you real good.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service