I'm a real housewife and have never had aspirations to be anything else. I like keeping a clean home, staying home and making the home a castle for hubby and teaching my own children. I have had friends and acquaintances that thought I'd should be more of a Mary and would tell me so. One day the Lord freed me from this wrong typecasting. I was feeling condemned by another "friend" who teased me for being a Martha and the Lord spoke clearly into my heart "You can't be Martha". I was rather shocked by his statement and responded "WHAT?" The Father said "Mary and Martha weren't married women. You're supposed to put your husband first thing". We should always check out such things in the word before we go off half cocked.

1 Cor 7:34
There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

Titus 2:3-5
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Here I was, a married woman and my first priority is my husband and how to please him. FREEDOM! Thank you Father. He freed me in seconds from words that were meant to make me feel less than desirable. I could now clean the house to my heart's content. I could iron hubby's shirts, organize his closet and drawers, make his favorite meals, run his shoulders, and kiss his brow BEFORE I spent time in the word. Take that devil! So if you're a housewife and love your calling, rejoice. Don't let anyone tease you and call you Martha.

There is a third kind of woman, the strange woman and she is one to flee from. Not only do we not want to become one, we don't want to associate with them either.

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pray and ask God to show you what to do, and then we must not question it when he reveals it to us.Too often people try to reason things out, but that can be dangerous. When we try to figure out why God says or does something,, our first mistake is thinking we're smart enough to understand the mind of God.
I am glad the LORD freed you. God bless you!
Thanks, to you for responding to the post. May God bless you and keep you in these troubled times.
Since the last post I have been tested tremendously, but I have kept the faith, and I have never let go of God's unchanging hand. He is there all the time. He is my help in time of trouble. He is my help in good and bad times. I love to call the name of Jesus. I get chills when I think of what he has done for me. He is the first breath that I take when I awaken in the morning. He is the last breath that I take when I close my eyes at night.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service