Hi all,

I run a new website community I call Gospel Globe, and I'm trying to write an opinion piece ever so often. I'm currently considering one that's really bothering me. it's teh video game industry and it's possible impact on our children.

I'm sure everyone has heard about Grand Theft Auto, the video game. It gives it's player the chance to go on 'missions' killing people and stealing cars.

This goes much further than I think the movie industry, because the person with the controller gets to control - and to some extent conceive the carnage. Imagine that we are speaking about the love of God, many of us work with young people teaching them about kindness, about purity of thought, about being meek as Jesus taught us in Matthew 5, and they learn "the best of the worst" in a video game.

In a few hours, they're professional hitmen and hitwomen, and getting to practice as often as they get behind the controller and console.

I'm not sure what advice I'd give to parents other than get rid of any game like that you may find in their house. It's disugusting.

I'm curious though, how does everyone else here, especially those in family ministry, and youth ministry deal with these topics, knowing their popularity in our world today?

Views: 7

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service