I WANTED TO LOOK AT THE CONCEPT OF ADOPTION AND GET YOUR OPINION ON A FEW QUESTIONS:

1. HOW IS THIS ACCOMPLISHED BY CHRIST?
2. WHY WAS IT NECESSARY?
3. WHO WAS ADOPTED?
4. ARE THERE DIFFERENT ADOPTIONS EXPRESSED IN SCRIPTURE?
5. WHAT ARE ADOPTED INTO: JUDAISM, CHRISTIANITY, BOTH, NEITHER?

Feel free to answer all questions or just one question or as many as you desire. I only ask that you share which question(s) you are answering.

Below are a few scriptures strictly pulled out by searching the word adoption. Of course there is more to each of these scriptures and I welcome your sharing even more than these:

Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:23
And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Romans 9:4
Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Galatians 4:5
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Ephesians 1:5
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will...

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brother James don't know why I couldn't respond to your reply so I'm doing it here. Exactly what I'm saying, if you follow those two you will not do the other things against the law. I'm not putting down the Law at all. I just know what I read in scripture what Paul said and I don't think those were his words but God's Words. I know they aren't mine. Well they are because He gave them to me. LOL It is clear in Galatians, Peter, James, 1John and Rom 6:14 - 18. If I read His Word incorrectly then I will keep reading it over and over and over (as I do always any way). LOL
I think what becomes a place of confusion are the words commands and laws.

Doesn't the Torah contain over 600 "commandments" which are divided into both negative restrictions and positive commands?

I am about to head out the door and am therefore limited in what I want to both ask and say. I will read your responses when I return.

From what I understand Hebrew word (peh) for commandment means from the mouth or the "spoken words" of ... in this case...God. So when the commands were spoken to Moses in Leviticus ... shouldn't ALL of those spoken words be kept with the exception of animal blood sacrifices of whom Jesus is the sacrificial lamb for the atonement of our sins? (Hebres 9:13 and 10:4)

My question is what (if any) is the difference between laws and commands?

Are there any rules/regulations/laws that are man-made instead of God inspired?

(I'm not talking about the feast days...)

BRB.....
The Torah has 613 laws. Some are for Priests. Us believers are to follow the Morals of the law, and all that stems from it, and we should keep the feasts, and the dietary laws.

There are many laws in the Torah that is not for us today, such as slavery laws, foreigner laws, and stuff along those lines.

The law is made up of Civil/Moral, Moral, rituals/ceremonial, sacrifical.
I"m still putting my stuff together about what I find out about the law and faith so you and James be ready to kick it. I think you got me wrong in the meaning I get but it is God's Word and not mine. LOL
If this was to me. I didn't say the word came from the Babylonian King Constantine, I said the term Christianity and Catholocism. I don't use what the Catholics use or believe no way no how. What I'm referring to is what God would call mixed marriage meaning the mysteries and His truths. Constantine mixed his traditions with what the Christians were doing. I don't follow them period. I do believe in the KJV of bibles and the only one but that's what I believe. If you are talking to me are you telling me you only read and believe in the Torah (OT) and not the NT. If that is true then how can your beliefs be complete without having the OT and NT. Just a question and not a dig. LOL I'm about understanding and we know this.
Those followers of Christ didn't adhere to Constantine either. They allowed him to take what they did and put it with what he believed but they didn't worship together. I am not in Christianity which is a religion. I serve no religion. I am a follower of Christ hence I am a Christian in that regard only. I read the KJV Bible because I believe it was given by God through men. I don't follow Catholocism period. I dont' say Hail Mary's or do confessions to a sinner, I go straight to Jesus. Christianity, Baptist, Jewish (Judaism), Mormonism, Protestant and any thing with a handle on it is religion and I"m not into religion.
I know you do and use it and the reason I say this is I am getting what I say straight from the NT so why would I get wrong doctrine is all I'm saying. Do you truly believe that Jesus speaking before the NT was written that there was no NT? Of course he quoted and spoke with the OT because that's all the Hebrew Israelites would believe and some wouldn't believe the OT but their own words. What is the NT that you use if not the KJV. I don't know what it is because I always thought Hebrew Israelites didn't have one meaning only the Torah so if you used a NT it came from a NT bible like the KJV. you mentioned the Tanak is that the NT Hebrew version? Thanks.
i guess i get confused when people make the assumption that all have been only taught to read and study the NT without any consideration, of the OT. The OT is the foundation of the NT; what was said in the OT was fulfilled in the NT. It wasn't done away with as some would think...just fulfilled. It is a promise kept. The promise hasn't gone away but now one can walk in the fulness of that promise. Not only that but it is a continual fulfilment with more to come.

Yes, I agree that many Christians act as if their bible is only NT and the rest is just really cool stories...but not ALL believe nor act that way. And some are coming into the knowledge of the full truth.

It was the arrogance of the religious elite who looked down on those who didnt know because they weren't taught correctly that caused and causes many to want to stay away and wallow in the deceptive comfort of "ignorance".

I appreciate this forum where we can discuss topics, ask questions and more. Thank God there is no arrogance here.
So from the loins of a Gentile was birthed a nation of non-Gentiles to wit later Gentiles would then be grafted back into?

Help me understand??

I will go back and re-read your postings in case I read too fast.
Abraham was an Iraqi citizen. He was polytheistic in his beliefs, and pagan in his practices. Then, God called him out, and promised that from his loins, a people will come out, whom God chosen to be his holy people(Israelites).

God established the Hebrews as his holy people. Those who do not worship the Hebrew God can be saved, and be grafted into God's chosen family.
Exactly though in those days he would have been a Chaldean or Babylonian.
Moreh that's what listening to what others have to say but then finding it in God's Word and your own research. It's not that I'll believe everything anyone tells me without researching and praying to be shown if it's truth or not. I thought I was a Black man from Ham at one time because it was taught to me but I still think the reason some things come to me is because I pray to God for it to be shown and He does answer. It comes from His Word and sometimes He shows me through others. I don't just take anyone word until I"ve researched unless it's God's. Just how I am no disrespect to anyone. I tell me children growing up that I want tell them a lie but still research and find out if what I tell them is true or not.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service