I WANTED TO LOOK AT THE CONCEPT OF ADOPTION AND GET YOUR OPINION ON A FEW QUESTIONS:

1. HOW IS THIS ACCOMPLISHED BY CHRIST?
2. WHY WAS IT NECESSARY?
3. WHO WAS ADOPTED?
4. ARE THERE DIFFERENT ADOPTIONS EXPRESSED IN SCRIPTURE?
5. WHAT ARE ADOPTED INTO: JUDAISM, CHRISTIANITY, BOTH, NEITHER?

Feel free to answer all questions or just one question or as many as you desire. I only ask that you share which question(s) you are answering.

Below are a few scriptures strictly pulled out by searching the word adoption. Of course there is more to each of these scriptures and I welcome your sharing even more than these:

Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:23
And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Romans 9:4
Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Galatians 4:5
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Ephesians 1:5
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will...

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The purpose of this response is to BUZZ Moreh's phone. LOL (smile)

Buzz...buzz...buzz...

HEY, don't put your phone on silent....LOL

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service