I WANTED TO LOOK AT THE CONCEPT OF ADOPTION AND GET YOUR OPINION ON A FEW QUESTIONS:

1. HOW IS THIS ACCOMPLISHED BY CHRIST?
2. WHY WAS IT NECESSARY?
3. WHO WAS ADOPTED?
4. ARE THERE DIFFERENT ADOPTIONS EXPRESSED IN SCRIPTURE?
5. WHAT ARE ADOPTED INTO: JUDAISM, CHRISTIANITY, BOTH, NEITHER?

Feel free to answer all questions or just one question or as many as you desire. I only ask that you share which question(s) you are answering.

Below are a few scriptures strictly pulled out by searching the word adoption. Of course there is more to each of these scriptures and I welcome your sharing even more than these:

Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:23
And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Romans 9:4
Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Galatians 4:5
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Ephesians 1:5
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will...

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Before God called Abram everyone was considered a Gentile meaning Heathen because no one walked in God's Light. Abram came from Ur a town in Chaldees in southern Babylonia. God calling them Jews I truly don't believe it is true.

The significant difference of the words Jew and Israelite: Jew was used to refer to those from Judah (Jewry Land); used as a male from that nation. Hebrew meant one that came from beyond the Euphrates River by the Caananites and a designation of the patriarchs and Israelites. Israelite are descendants from Jacob (Israel). Israelies are made up name of the imposters in Israel today that are from Esau (Edom - Edomites) and Gomer's (Japheth's son) son Ashkenaz creating the Kahzers (spelling may be wrong). You won't find Jew used until in the book of Esther 2:5. Hebrew first use in Gen 14:13. Hebrew also like term Jew means a man, male. Words in OT sometimes has more than one meaning so we have to see how it is used.

I know what Moreh says about the 'J' being used only 500 years ago and all that but regardless it's used and has it's meaning even if it isn't in the Hebrew language. It's still a transliteration!

Some people call themselves Christian Jews as some say they are Christian Hebrew Israelites (me being one) to say I am a Christian Hebrew Israelite (only meaning follower of Christ from the nation of Hebrew Israelites) as others did during Jesus' and disciples times.
Brother John, you practice Christian Hebrew Israelite Judaism?
NO Brother James. Judaism is not something in my blood period. What I'm saying is my nationality is Hebrew Israelite instead of African American but I am a Christian, follower of Christ Jesus.
Ohh ok. You believe that you are an original hebrew israelite?
Of course I'm not an originaly Hebrew Israelite because I am mixed with different so called nationalities. I don't believe there are any original Hebrew Israelites in America unless they came from Africa and have not mixed with any from Ham or Japheth and I know that's not true because that was going on even in the OT. My researching and feelings are only for myself and not one else. It's just what I was taught as most Blacks in this country that there is only one kind of African and that is from Ham and not Shem. I know that does not matter in the scheme of things to God and Jesus but it's something for me to know for myself. It's not a put down only an awareness for me. I do know the Hebrew Israelites weren't of white skin as we were made to believe. I have a gene study that I will send to your private email and you be the judge. You know Deut 28, who says that not part of my heritage. I never thought it before but I feel something is showing me differently.
Paul also did not disagree with Jesus. In general, many Christians play the scripture battle. In other words, 1 John 5:3 says this, but Galatians 3 says this. Or, Jesus said this, but Paul said that. Scripture is in harmony.

If we follow those 2 commandments, that means we will obey the sabbath, honor our parents, do not worship other gods, etc. Jesus, the apostles, and the followers of the apostles(Jews & Gentiles) kept the law. Now 21st century believers should do the same thing.

Bro, you are not alone, I read the word til I get it also LOL LOL
Scripture is in harmony Brother James. Thank God! LOL Peace and Love my Brother.
Well since the 12 Disciples were followers of Christ and other Hebrew Israelites that followed Jesus and them and they were called Christians simply because they followed Jesus then it is clear to me the names. We all know the names of the 12 Disciples and others after them such as Paul, Barnabas, Stephen and on and on but it's in the NT. LOL I'm being serious too.
OK I'm going to God's Word and I want you to do the same to correct me. In Is 65:15 (This is God speaking through Isaiah) And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:

Acts 11:26 is referenced; where Barnabas departed to Tarsus to seek Paul and it says: And when he found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

I'm not making this up. Am I to believe Gods Word or what man says. Strongs Concordance says, Christian is a follower of Christ (not a religion or Christianty) It was given to the worshippers of Jesus Christ by the Gentiles. From the 2nd Century onward it was accepted by them as a title of honor.

So who am I to believe, God or man. You tell me and if this is not the case then show me in His Word where I got this wrong and you know I'm open to be corrected in my misunderstandings. Peace and Love.
so in a sense it is a derogatory word that has become accepted for many genrerations in as much as picnic is now very widly accepted but was a derogatory statement towards the American Negro.

Is this a correct understanding Moreh?
Brother, we are a team! lol
Why is it just the African American and not the African?

Didn't the African American come from Africa (or so)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service