Truth or Fiction?
Could there be a hidden message in this theory?

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

December 21, 2012 is the Winter Solstice. There will be something extremely significant about that time, but it will NOT be the end of the world. More like "the end of this age/generation/time frame".

This deals with Prophetic studies, and the Zodiac, both of which actually deal closely with each other, much to the surprise of many.

I watch "The Nostradamus Effect" ALL the time!!!
I do too Trevor it is interesting, It makes me think of the wise men that journeyed to visit the child Jesus, they were experts in astronomy and Astrology. God is in controlled of everything, the end only HE knows
Dec. 21, 2012 will be no different than Dec.21 2011 or Dec.21 2010 or any other Dec. 21st!

Why would anyone think otherwise?

Here is just a little of what is said about the people, and their belief, concerning the date above;

"The polytheistic Mayan gods included Kukulkán (also known by the K'iche' name Gucumatz and the Aztec name Quetzalcoatl) and Tepeu. The two were referred to as the Creators, the Forefathers or the Makers. According to the story, the two gods decided to preserve their legacy by creating an Earth-bound species looking like them. The first attempt was man made from mud, but Tepeu and Kukulkán found that the mud crumbled. The two gods summoned the other gods, and together they decided to make man from wood. However, since these men had no soul and soon lost loyalty to the creators, the gods destroyed them by rain. Finally, man was constructed from maize, the Mayans staple and sacred food."

Now why on earh would anyone that serves the true and living God have anything, any questions, any concerns, any hope, any wonder, any doubt......ANYTHING AT ALL to do with anything that is said concerning the date Dec. 21 2021?

It's going to came and go just like any other day!

Now instead of even thinking about Dec.21 2021, what should be of concern is the warning Jesus gave us;

Matt 24:15. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Now THIS is something worth looking into, NOT Dec. 21 2012!!!!

And what will the Abomination of desolation do? Let's read;

Dan.8
11. Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away…

Dan 11:31. And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary
of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Is there a temple built in Jerusalem yet? NO!!!!

And do we have any sacrifices being performed in Jerusalem today? NO!!!! So God tells us that at sometime in the, not too distant future, a temple must be built AND sacrifices WILL start!

And what time frame are we given AFTER those sacrifices are stopped by the Abomination of desolation?

Dan.7:11. And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Now THIS is a date worth being concerned about!!!! Not Dec.21 2012!

Come on now all those that call themselves "Christains"!!! Do you really think God would give a people that believe in OTHER gods, some important information about the future of this world?

All we need to know is given to us in His holy word. All we need to do is just what it says......

Mark 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Now here is a question.....What will YOU do when the temple is built, the sacrifices started and the Abomination of Desolation placed therein?

If you actually took time to examine the Mayan religious history, it actually mimics our Judeo-Christian "Creation story". The truth of the matter is that ALL world religions that stretch back thousands of years have a similar beginning, have a similar ending, and have a talk of GOD coming to mingle with mankind for a redemptive purpose. Haven't you noticed that all pure cultures have a similar story of mankind being eradicated by rainfall?? DUH, its the story of Noah and his Ark!!

The reason for this is simple: all of them were perverted from the true way. People tend to think that they have an exclusive position in GOD's heart. They think that GOD never spoke to anyone else expect the Church and Israel. Even the Bible goes against this train of thought.
You say;

"If you actually took time to examine the Mayan religious history, it actually mimics our Judeo-Christian "Creation story","

And just how does, "The two gods summoned the other gods, and together they decided to make man from wood." mimic the creation of the true and living God?

Once "other gods" are mentioned, what further need should there be for anyone to compare anything?

1 Kings 18
[21] And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him.

True enough, most religions have borrowed from the bible, but it is just that....a COPY! And why would anyone be concerned with a copy? What can be learned from a copy when you have the words of the true and living God available?

Concerning God speaking only to Israel;

And as a matter of fact, until the time when God decided to give His word to the other nations, He DID only speak to the nation of Israel!

That was what they were chosen to do. Give God's word to the rest of the sons of Adam. ALL, as in, every last prophet was an Israelite. ALL, as in ALL twelve of Jesus Disciples were Israelites.

Even when we enter into the kingdom it will be through one of the twelve gates with the names of the twelves tribes.

God has tried to tell us this over and over but most miss it; 12 months in a year, 12 hours in a day, 12 disciples!

Amos 3
[2] You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

Rom.3
[1] What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
[2] Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

Not only did God choose Israel in the past, Israel is STILL God's choosen people today!

And unless you get His word from an Israelite, or from someone who has been taught by an Israelite, you have not received the true word of God!

All we need to know is given to us in His holy word. All we need to do is just what it says......

Mark 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Now here is a question.....What will YOU do when the temple is built, the sacrifices started and the Abomination of Desolation placed therein?

I am secure in my salvation so there is nothing for me to worry about where I am concerned. However, it doesn't stop me from praying for salvation for those who are not.
My purpose for posting this thread was certainly not out of worry or thinking the world was going to end. God is control of that situation.

Like the Y2K, it's interesting to see and learn what others are thinking when you hear things like the world will end on this date or that date. During the uproar of Y2K, I never gave it much of a thought. When you are secure in your salvation, what is there to worry about?

Whatever happens on 12/12/12, it'll be man made, and God only knows what that could be. Nevertheless, this topic makes for an interesting conversation piece.
No all of those times that people named were not the end, but most of them were significant in Prophetic world history. This too shall be significant.
Really?

OK....Let's put YOUR claim to the test!

Please direct me to how just ONE of the dates mentioned was significant in Prophetic world history!

Mind you, you will have to supply Book, Chap and verse to prove it! From God's holy word please.....not something from "man"!

I do agree with you Trevor, that 12/21/12 does have a significance, but since I am not educated on prophetic world history as you and others, I cannot go much further than this position. But given what has already taken place from past generations (and I'm not just referring to biblical times), nothing will seem too far fetched where man is concerned in his/their efforts to gain ultimate power and wealth, even at the expense of innocent lives paying the price such as 9/11.
Are you kidding me here? Christains WAKE UP and listen to what you are saying!!!!!

"December 21, 2012 is the Winter Solstice. There will be something extremely significant about that time"

"I do too...it is interesting"

"If you actually took time to examine the Mayan religious history, it actually mimics our Judeo-Christian "Creation story"

"...but most of them were significant in Prophetic world history. This too shall be significant."

"this topic makes for an interesting conversation piece."

"I do agree with you ...that 12/21/12 does have a significance"

These are quotes, by so called Christians, concerning a future date! A DATE!!!!

A date, NOT from God's word, but from a people that did not even believe in the true and living God!!!!

How many times have people predicted something would happen on a certain date, but those with knowledge would say, WHY be concerned? Trust in God's word and don't worry about it!

Now look who has jumped on the band wagon!

Just re-read what you have said to see how foolish it sounds!

Do you think God would want you to even be interested in something from another culture that did not trust in HIM?

Does anyone even know why the date is of any importance?

It is simply the date when one calender ends and another begins.....mind you the people that MADE the schedule is no longer around.....

They could not predict their own demise and yet there are people "wondering" what is going to happen!

Let's read what God has to say and not some people that are no longer around;

Lev.19
[26] Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.

Deut.18
[10] There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
[14] For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

2 Kings 21
[6] And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Gal.4
[9] But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
[10] Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

So what's it going to be?

Interest in observing "times" of a people no longer with us?

Or interest in observing the words of the true and living God?
Eccl 12:13,

You are certainly entitled to voice your opinion, and now that you have done so, let it be. If you're looking for a debate (or a fight), please look elsewhere.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service