Colossians 3:18 (King James Version)

18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord

There has been wives that has been giving bad advice about staying in a abusive relationship with there spouses which cost them their lives not only there lives the children lives also. Scriptures have has been taken out of context concerning submission when it pertaining to verbal, mental, and physical Abuse.

quote"I wear the pants in the house you have to do what I say" mentality has been overated

instead of being the Godly husband with Love according to Ephesians 5:28-33

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Some husband has become a hard task master like a white master to a black slave(no offense intended)

To me that is not God's divine way for a husband or wife to live.

What is really submission?

How far should a Women Submit to her husband?

Should a Women stay in the abusive relationship until God move?

What are yall thoughts on this Matter

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK then, instead of going line by line to answer you, how about I cut straight to the point: I have an ought against you now, Ms. Loving. Its been kept to myself for quite some time, but now, I'm tired of it. Right now, your "good" is looking really evil. Ever since I met you it has been a rude comment here and there, a spiteful response here and there. You quote Proverbs 3:30, Proverbs 15:1 yet you come at me as if you know me, my history, and so on; as if I started off coming against you personally. When will it end!?!?
Ms. Elaine Johnson:

THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY READING WHAT I POSTED! Far too often we jump up in defense of something purely out of zeal, but the Apostle Paul declared in Romans 10:1-3- "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.". I am totally, 100% against violence, be it male or female. I have a testimony of violence, so I know what true violence is. When you've been in gangs for years, you see violence hit peeks that are unbearable.

My thing is this: to just crucify the man is no more Godly than him striking the woman. What happened to an investigation and trial? He's guilty of striking a woman, true, but man looks at the outward appearance while GOD is staring at the heart of all matters. What caused this man to flip out? I have seen women send men to jail for things that are crazy and come off looking like an innocent bystander. No, striking a woman is dead wrong, but I say oh woman, what happened to provoke the striking? This question's answer will show us just how to deal with him in terms of punishment, and counseling, and how to deal with the female just as well in BOTH categories. The fact of the matter is not all attacks are from "abusive mentalities" or "deep rooted issues from the past". Has anyone ever heard of "the heat of the moment"? Its easy to just say "walk away", and to walk away is the best idea. However, what if the person doesn't walk away? What if he does something he regrets all because of anger built up in "the heat of the moment"? The law of the land has to do what is in their laws, but as Kingdom citizens, do you treat him the same as you do a blood-thirsty madman? Thats the equivalent of saying you can cure cancer with Vitamin C, loots of fluids and a day or two's bed-rest. But you can't can you? So why address each situation the same way with the same attitude?

Now as far as Prophetess Bynum, I didn't know anything about that tithe incident, but I do know that she is a contentious woman. You can even see it in her ministry. She professed to holding a brick to him once, she was on a tape of her preaching and she barked at her armor bearer for not having her glasses up at the pulpit, and other things just as well. They both had issues, but it seems that the world has focused on Mr. Weeks (he doesn't exemplify a Bishop to me) for his issues, while she has so easily placed herself as "the poster woman for abused women". Is she totally flawless in this matter? No. So if she isn't, then isn't it about time to address the flaws?

The same can also be spoken for other women. Abuse in relationships can go both ways. Yes, it was verbally mentioned already, but it is almost never focused upon. If you want change, then there has to be a TOTAL analysis and a TOTAL change. My words may not be popular, but then, they haven't been put to the test by the Nay-Sayers either.
No it is not good to crucify either one, for the other one has to acknowledge their wrong as well. However the man is the stronger vessel, not I but the Bible states.

Ahab, was brought up to serve the True and Living God, but was seduced by Jezebel and her pagan ways, how?
he allowed himself to be controlled.

Men, if you are being verbally or physically abused LEAVE!
Women, if you are being verbally or physically abused, LEAVE!

Get out of that unholy relationship
Very true Evangelist, I can agree for the most part. However, I have seen marriages saved because of the understanding that I placed forth. Its something not mentioned and seldom known. Leaving is easy, and at times the wisest move. However, we are to be people of grace and wisdom. I'm not saying stick around if he bringing a frying pan upside your head daily, cause thats SUICIDE. I'm saying not all abusive situations are the same, so the "just leave" answer is NOT an "all sufficient answer". When it is said "husbands love your wives", we just think he is reminding us as an Apostolic father to do right by your wife. However Paul is also a Teacher, therefore that can also be a LESSON to a man that does not know any better. Some people literally think that it is right to "spank your spouse" if they get out of line due to their culture. This is a teaching that must be corrected.
Sermon Title...Love Isn't Suppose to hurt like this

"This is a part of the sermon preached by Rev. Herman Murray expounding on abuse, and mistreatment of Love"

Pray, Pray, Pray,

Where God directs He protects...........

When God gives the partner a way out of the relationship they should leave but be wise and make sure you have resources for your children in place so that you don't have to come back and receive more abuse because of your lack of planning do plenty of research in your way of escape so that it may be effective.

When you are leaving make sure the place you are going to for refuge is not basically what you just left...meaning more abuse. Most saints want the wife to put up with the abuse by saying "baby it is not that bad, who is going help you with those babies...and so on...I say if GOD gives you a way of escape run baby run....and God uses people with means to take care of you and your babies, just be led of God not your flesh...

Remember God is not the author of confusion so make sure you are hearing correctly make sure you did everything in your power correctly and move with God and you will be taken care of ...
Where God directs He protects...........

I love that statement!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service