Colossians 3:18 (King James Version)

18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord

There has been wives that has been giving bad advice about staying in a abusive relationship with there spouses which cost them their lives not only there lives the children lives also. Scriptures have has been taken out of context concerning submission when it pertaining to verbal, mental, and physical Abuse.

quote"I wear the pants in the house you have to do what I say" mentality has been overated

instead of being the Godly husband with Love according to Ephesians 5:28-33

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Some husband has become a hard task master like a white master to a black slave(no offense intended)

To me that is not God's divine way for a husband or wife to live.

What is really submission?

How far should a Women Submit to her husband?

Should a Women stay in the abusive relationship until God move?

What are yall thoughts on this Matter

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That fellas' from dear old beloved AFRIKA, where the women are chattel. Oh yeah, the mutherland alright!
Yeah, that's the African, keep em' chattle. How shameful!
I love my husband, and I know that he wouldn't tell me anything wrong to do, Now if I made a mistake in something. My husband and I will have a disccussion and he will let me know that I shouldn't had made choice and he will give me ideas the next time how to handle it....

I know when it's time to clean house, cook dinner, etc..etc... See after the children...etc..etc..... he doesn't have to have a whip in his hand ........oh becasue I was to busy to do this and I could't get it. bam he pops me one...or start calling me out of my name.............. He steps in help!!!

it just depend on what type of relationship you have between your spouse... but abuse I will not have.... He hitting on me and I'm hitting on him.....
This is really Good, I hope we can help a husband or a wife if they are going through it ...that are apart of this board...

Let's talk about this since it pertaining of getting Godly Counsel from the Leaders... Two situation..

1. Both Partner go to the same church(wife/husband)- husband is one of help like.. minister, or deacon..or even the pastor...etc..etc

This is nothing I heard but I know by physical evidence...A Sister ... Got counseling about her husband was verbal abusing/physcial abusing her...she hid her scars with make up...... Pastor told her i'll talk to him I don't want it to get out...you just stay at home for a while until your scars heal up..and I instuct your husband to let the people know that you are sick and that you will be out for while......After this the husband got so angry that his wife went behind his back because he stated that she was out of order..... she suppose to be submissive...it kind out gotten out of hand..they had to call the police....

2. Either one of the spouses to church... and the other one isn't saved and don't go to church at all.

Wife told pastor that unsaved husband was been verbal abuse to her and ask what can she do, he gave her some advice to continue to pray and seek God for direction... try not to do anything that will cause him to verbal abuse you... You stay there..because.you ... have to be example for other to see that God can deliver you out of a situation....but the table turn a little...he started to throw things at her, and start pushing her... Same thing was told to her pray and stay you have to be example so other can see that God can deliver......about 2 weeks later she ended up in the hospital.....

My point when is time to say enough is enough!! how long do a person stay?? until they half dead..

by no means........i'm not telling anyone to leave!!..............Because we don't know no one situation........ Each is different on how to handle it...
First off, I don't believe what my eyes have read here.

Men & women are both created in the image of God, She is Adam, the life giving one. They are to love one another. He has no right or duty to put his hands on her and she on him.

Younger women, need to stop lying on the elder women that you stayed in an abusive relationship becauuuuuuuuuuse " I did what you all told me to do, to pray and bear my cross" you stayed because you were too afraid to step out and trust God on your own.

Hear me and hear me now! BUTT WHUPPINGS are not to be tolerated! Being grounded in the word is the first step, however there is no reason that stepping out of line, becomes a reason one should be put under the ground.

When is enough, enough? when God rescinds his grace from you, male or female, when that relationship becomes oppressive, LEAVE! run for your life in Christ Jesus
You stated....When is enough, enough? when God rescinds his grace from you, male or female, when that relationship becomes oppressive, LEAVE! run for your life in Christ Jesus

Yes run for your life... BUT....There are some will not run..stating I love my Husband, he is the deacon/ or choir director..etc..etc.. or a good tithe payer..I don't want to cause shame to my Leader/church..... ( the Ike/ Tina) I just can't leave right now...
read what you wrote, because MY husband is a deacon, MY husband is choir director, My husband is a good tithe payer etc.

These are the same excuses the unsave use, MY husband is a Corporate Officer, My husband is known in social circles, My husband has money.

honey, MY GOD is Alpha and Omega, MY GOD is my Provider, MY GOD is my Banner.

Let GO and let God, deliver you from that Nabal (fool) and bless you with a David (King)
TRUE!!

I don't like to hear bad advice given from the church.leaders...........that why I ask the question.. Stay submitted Yes or No... ....Meaning..............Submission under the abuse!!!
Here! Here! Amen and Praise God!
See, here again, the letter of the law is binding a woman, and possibly will be the death of her. Whereas, the liberty of the law if acted upon would set this woman free. I'd be quoting 1 Cor. 7:15 "God wants us to live in peace." This situation is not peaceful, ergo, if you can leave, do so.

It is wrong to bind women to the misinterpreted letter of the law. Think about it, if someone was bullying his male carcass, he'd leave in a heartbeat. Therefore, I would advise the women to 'separate' immediately. I think they need to let God be their husband, grow and heal from that experience.

The Bible allows divorce, and I would consider his violence spiritual adultery and tell the woman it is right to divorce such a one.
First let me say, halelujah, Praise God for this subject matter that needs to be discussed. I think the answer to 'submission' is wrapped up in what Paul says in 1 Cor. 7:10 "Now to the married woman I command, yet not I bu t the Lord; A wife is not to depart from her husband. BUT EVEN IF SHE DOES DEPART , let her remain unmarried....." Scripture also says, "but if the unbeliever departs let him depart; a brother or sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace" (1Cor 7:15).

A man who abuses his wife is an unbeliever, so the believing wife should make him depart, let him depart, or just downright depart. The letter of the law is not binding but the spirit of God wants believers to live in peace. Or, as one translation proclaims to 'be happy.' Ofcourse, a woman can't be happy in a 'violent, demonic' atmosphere. Nor, can she 'submit' to 'evil' of which 'domestic violence is', for she is a daughter of God first and foremost. She must then 'submit' to God's word which tells her to 'depart' or 'leave' such madness.

Now, the fact of the matter is, some women have stayed and praise God, a few men have been delivered, and become spirit filled, born again believers. Praise God for such cases.

However, the overall rule should be 'leave, depart' as God wants us to live in peace or be happy. Praise God that in the western civilized world, women have that option. It is a liberty from God. Remember, Yahshua/Jesus tells us that 'God who 'hates divorce' so loved women, and saw the devastating hardhearted abuse males were heaping upon women, that he would go against His own nature, and implement divorce to help women.' (Mk. 10:5 PP). This truth is rarely taught, let alone, emphasized in a male dominated religious hierarchy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry at men preachers as they themselves were taught wrong. It was Satan blinding the world to truth as Satan has enmity towards women (Gen. 3:15). At any rate, let us take time out to Praise God for such personal love extended towards His creation, womankind.
Moreso, let us recognize that as Scripture tells 'women' and for that matter, the few wonderful men who are abused, to 'leave' the enviroment then women should obey God, not man.

Let us also recognize that as Scripture commands women to 'leave' or 'depart' a violent situation and remains single, then it is letting of know that God is aware of the many single household where the woman of necessity has to be the 'leader.' In actuality, our Heavenly Father is the 'head' of single households. Let women who are in such a case be happy that Yahshua is now their 'husband/redeemer' so call on him for he is with such women.

A final point I will say concerning 'submission,' is this, Scripture says, that 'God observes marriages', Indeed, Malachi 2:15 says, 'The Lord has been witness between you and the wife of your youth with whom you have dealt treacherously" (Mal. 2:15 NKJV).

Since God is observing marriages, let women who are abused please know that God is for them, and would have them leave, and 'submit' to God over man.
AMEN!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service