Pastor Donnie McClurkin
Perfecting Church, Freeport , New York

This past week, popular preacher, recording artist and pastor, Donnie McClurkin, went on record to declare his deep disappointment with what he sees as pastoral abuses in the body of Christ. His comments have raised a legitimate question about abuse and excesses in the body of Christ and has brought attention to a topic that has largely been ignored in the church community.

In an article appearing in Essence this past week Pastor McClurkin is quoted as saying:

“As pastors, we have to link arms and have bi-partisanships. The [Black] church has always been the face of the community. Now we have to take on the responsibility of becoming true servants to the people from all walks of life. I get so mad when I see these pimpin' preachers driving Rolls-Royces, Bentleys, flying around in their private jets, and making it seem like prosperity and money is the way of God when 90 percent of your congregation is on Section 8 or can't figure out how they are going to keep their lights on or feed their kids. I'm big on perception, and what would it look like for me to live so lavishly if the people in my church are struggling?” says Pastor McClurkin in the article."

In venting his frustration over the behavior of some in the church community, Pastor McClurkin reveals his own humility and sense of service to God and God’s people, by outlining his own relationship, financial and otherwise, with his church and his refusal to take revenue from a congregation that he has built from the ground up.

"I've done great in gospel music, and only a few of us have accomplished what I have, and guess what? I live in the ‘hood, not some place on the outskirts of the ‘hood. There ain't no gate around my house; I have a white fence because the people I pastor live in that community. I have one vehicle and it's not a Mercedes, it's a Lincoln Navigator. I don't receive a dime—not an Abraham Lincoln copper coin—and haven't for the last seven-and-a-half years because I'm okay.” He tells Kenya Byrd of Essence Magazine.

As such, Pastor McClurkin has become a model and an example for others to emulate. His mentality and actions, that places a greater emphasis on service than profit, can only be admired by all of those who love the Lord and are seeking to do His will to the best of their ability. Pastor McClurkin makes it clear that he has options, but chooses to live a modest and humble lifestyle because that’s what God has called him to do.

If I wanted to buy a Phantom or Bentley I could and not hurt my pockets, but I'm okay with what I have. I can sing and work and I have all that money go back into the church so we can buy the delicatessen on the corner, or the house next door to make it state-of-the-art low-income housing. We've trained our people to put their leaders on pedestals, and some people want to live vicariously through their pastor and say, "My pastor has this and he's on television and so on," but then what do you have? How have you prospered and grown? So when I hear other pastors say, "My people take care of me," I'm thinking, But you're supposed to be taking care of the people. I just don't get it. Pastor McClurkin goes on to say.

What is best gleaned from the wisdom and honesty of Pastor McClurkin is his healthy attitude about the church and who it belongs too. His “ecclesiology”, which is worthy of our consideration, perhaps best represents what Christ had in mind when He gave pastors to the body of Christ in the first place.

I don't have a church, but I do have a church that I pastor. I can't name something the Donnie McClurkin Temple because the people do not belong to me and if they did that would mean I have slaves. I am simply a vessel to deliver God's word. At the end of the day, it's God's church, not mine advises Pastor McClurkin.

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

www.wpjc.fm

Views: 1378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This article blessed my soul. I happen to agree with the majority of what was said... I have often felt many of the churches are forgetting about the people... I'm sure what God sees breaks his heart. But the remnant that God has will do what is right.
By the grace of God I will leaving Accra international airport From January to March into five or more countries they are Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, Rwanda,Sudan,etc. God is so good. Let still keep intouch in Him(God). This great mission trips, I will be ministering under the power of the holy spirit and much more s...ouls will roughing turn to Christ Jesus. Please for more information contact: +233-244657468, www.jesusfm921.com  or email: paulasamoah@yahoo.com
By the grace of God I will leaving Accra international airport From January to March into five or more countries they are Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, Rwanda,Sudan,etc. God is so good. Let still keep intouch in Him(God). This great mission trips, I will be ministering under the power of the holy spirit and much more s...ouls will roughing turn to Christ Jesus. Please for more information contact: +233-244657468, www.jesusfm921.com  or email: paulasamoah@yahoo.com

PROPHETIC TESTIMONY WITH   PROPHETIC MESSAGE

Good morning to the whole world, it is yet another day the Lord has given to us. This is Apostle Paul Johnson Asamoah speaking on the theme the prophetic testimony with a prophetic message just yesterday (7th June, 2011), a certain man was confronted with a severe problem, I DID WHAT I COULD BUT NOTHING HAPPENED. Just then the spirit of the Lord spoke to sprinkle water on him, and and as I did what the Lord said to me, everything become successful for him. Because of the Lord manifestation in his life. The man also gave out a testimony concerning the delivering of his wife. As they went to the hospital for scanning, they were told that the baby’s position has changed in the womb of his wife. This therefore the man to confront the prophet for prophetic direction. As they obeyed the prophetic direction, they were told by the same doctor that, the baby is now lying down correctly in the womb. As the man was giving out the testimony, tears were down his cheeks. Glory and honour be unto God for everything He has done, Amen!!! Again this is a prophetic message from Apostle Paul Johnson Asamoah which I have taken from the book of Job  42:1-2 as I quote Then Job replied to the Lord,  “ I know  that you can do all things, no plan of yours can be thwarted.” Now, God is within the atmosphere of plans, of making what is not making become making and also the Lord is making things not put into arrangement put into arrangement, those not in vision are put into vision.

This is what the Lord is therefore bringing to you this season.  Brethren, with the way I moved with God, I come to that in Life it is God who can make an individual to succeed in life, without God’s plan you will fail in everything you do. Any plan you hold in your hand must be of God. To plan means to make the thing come into reality. That is why, Job said with God’s plan, everything is possible.  And he said although he is suffering, he knows that the Lord will deliver him from his worries (problems).  So people are of outsight. This is because; they are out of God’s plan. The plan of God is a light as said in psalm 119:105 says the word of God is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. The plans we are talking about is like a map. This is because a map guides us and when we are in God’s plan, everything becomes successful. As Job said, the plans of God cannot change. Now God is moving in His own way.  Genesis 18:14 The same way Luke 1:37. Before it will happen to with God all things are possible. That really means that the angel of the Lord has given out his own idea about everything that we cannot fail. Like others that are in sufferings in scriptures.  I am here by to give a prophetic word that as you practice this word, you be catapulted into blessings, peace. The bible said it in Mark 10:27. Now hold to this message and think of next agenda.

PROPHETIC DIRECTION

1. You should take one cup of water and drink it four times to cure your disease because I take that water to be the blood of Jesus. I see testimonies coming out because of the water you about to take into your body.

Take a bible fast and pray for three (3) days, go through these scriptures within the message daily within the period of the fasting. After that, thank God. Your breakthrough, baby, input balances especially in your ministry. Thank you Lord for these revelations. God bless you for obeying and doing His words. Glory be unto God. Amen!!!!

Join yourself to Apostle Paul Johnson Asamoah  Partnership  and your life will never be the same. God richly bless you. Is good to hear from you.

Address:

Telephone:

+233-244657468/+233-302312004/+233-268559446/+233-276789719/+233-206379433.

Email: paulasamoah@yahoo.com

Postal: Post Office Box Dc 936 Dansoman Accra Ghana West Africa.

Agree with you now to take nations in Jesus name. This is to the "General Public" Thank You for your
Love and support!
May the Good Lord bless you and
Meet you at the point of your needs
In Jesus name-Amen.

We need to be sure of our calling if we expect to succeed; God has not called any of us to be failures and not succeed.

Testimonies By Apostle Paul Johnson Asamoah
Some years ago In Kumasi Teaching N. Hospital God used me to raise one dead body, early age of my ministry in Greater Accra raise one dead body at Old Ningo, 2011-Two dead bodies in Dansoman, Mamprobi Kwei kuma street 2008, 2011 two dead bodies. Am just giving praises to the to Lord who did it by using me- Apostle Paul Johnson Asamoah to gloried His holy name for the great testimonies He has offered into His ministry and still it is always increasing.
Please if you are still struggling in your life style without a good testimonies call: +233-244657468/+233-302312004 Or Email: paulasamoah@yahoo.com
Acts 9:36 Now in Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (which in translation means Dorcas). She was continually doing good deeds and acts of charity. 37 At that time she became sick and died. When they had washed her body, they placed it in an upstairs room. 38 Because Lydda was near Joppa, when the disciples heard that Peter was there, they sent two men to him and urged him, “Come to us without delay.” 39 So Peter got up and went with them, and when he arrived they brought him to the upper room. All the widows stood beside him, crying and showing him the tunics and other clothing Dorcas used to make while she was with them. 40 But Peter sent them all outside, knelt down, and prayed. Turning to the body, he said, “Tabitha, get up.” Then she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter, she sat up. 41 He gave her his hand and helped her get up. Then he called the saints and widows and presented her alive.
Acts 20:9 A young man named Eutychus, who was sitting in the window, was sinking into a deep sleep while Paul continued to speak for a long time. Fast asleep, he fell down from the third story and was picked up dead. 10 But Paul went down, threw himself on the young man, put his arms around him, and said, “Do not be distressed, for he is still alive!”
2 Kings 4:32 when Elisha arrived at the house, there was the child lying dead on his bed. 33 He went in by himself and closed the door. Then he prayed to the Lord. 34 He got up on the bed and spread his body out over the boy; he put his mouth on the boy’s mouth, his eyes over the boy’s eyes, and the palms of his hands against the boy’s palms. He bent down over him, and the boy’s skin grew warm. 35 Elisha went back and walked around in the house. Then he got up on the bed again and bent down over him. The child sneezed seven times and opened his eyes.
2Kings 13:20 Elisha died and was buried. Moabite raiding parties invaded the land at the beginning of the year. 21 One day some men were burying a man when they spotted a raiding party. So they threw the dead man into Elisha’s tomb. When the body touched Elisha’s bones, the dead man came to life and stood on his feet.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service