Giving to the Man/Woman of God? Looking for scriptual based answers only. God Bless.

I feel compelled to ask some questions?  Why is it that people find
every way not to sow into the Man/Woman of God or give to the church
and switch the subject to talk about prosperity preacher to find a way
out of giving? Please show me in the Word only that we are not to pay
tithes, offering, or give to the Man/Women of God. Please do not give
ideologies of man, but The Word of God (scriptures) to fully support
your answer. If you answer the questions with no supporting scriptures,
I will comment by replying (Ideology or Man’s opinions).

People do not mind paying any other profession for what they do.  When
it comes to supporting someone who is bring forth the Word of God,
teaching or ministering to you, giving of their time in place of a
secular job, its OK for them to not receive anything?  I read on a
network earlier today that a Man/Women of God should work a secular
job, spend time with their family, and Pastor a church with no
financial  contribution from the members of the church. Why is it that
we think so little concerning the one bringing the Word of God for our
spiritual growth? Where does mindset come from?

The Body of Christ has thrown out the baby with the bath water under
the bus.  We have allowed things that we have seen in the church and
abuses to stop us from following
the Word of God.  There are biblical principals concerning giving. 
Also, do we stop giving because others have manipulated, deceive, and
used biblical principals for their own gain (God forbid)?  I also read
where someone said that the Man/Women of God should relieve their
blessing from God and not man...My question is doesn’t God use people
to Bless (ultimately knowing He is the one blessing? Do He going to
drop their financial blessing out the sky? Come on now really, How do
they receive the blessing?
We are talking about while they are here on earth, not when they get to heaven.
(I had to throw that in for the religious folks)

Please do not offer opinions, or your advise to answer the questions.
Also, please try to give 2(two) to (3)three scriptures to support your
answer.

Make sure you are respectful  when giving your answer.  God Bless.

BONUS QUESTION

Finally, as a bonus question can someone tell me several examples on how God blessed people in times of famine?

Views: 1084

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Isaiah 55:1-3 (King James Version)

Isaiah 55

1Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

2Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

3Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

i think we should give alms, and be good to each other ,
the good question sis. is who defines who are the Men & women of God ,i'm sure you understand that there are imposter "perpatrating the fraud" within the body of Christ

in light of this we look to the word to give instructions,
(Note i'm not say don't pay tithes)
where as i am saying do not tithe to the building but to the people of christ (in goodness) saying the church is not the building ,but the believers, the people ,i think we should give ,in hope of nothing in return,directly to the people in need
now Isaiah says we should be able to get truth without money "everyone ye that thirsteth, come drink with no money"
So let see how should we give ???
the reason we tithe is to serve the lord
let find out what manner of giving is undfiled in the eyes of the lord

James 1:25-27 (King James Version)

25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

26If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

so in tithing(or giving) to the fatherless,and the widow, is the undefile religion of the "Most High"

remember Yahshua(Jesus) was a carpenter
as paul was a tent maker so if Yahshua, worked a regular job don't you think the pastor should???
2TheNcrease Of Knowledge&Truth~BruthaPharoah
Here is a thread you can go to and click on the links, and read.. Here is all of the scriptural evidence you need to know about all of your questions: http://abcpreachers.ning.com/forum/topics/truthful-threads-accordin...
Good Afternoon,

I read one of your links, although, the post was about "Giving to your Man/Woman of God" you have taken the questions off topic., your links show doctrinal error. If you would like to answer the question concerning giving you may do so.
If you don't believe the scriptures that is fine with me..
We will not get into debates and only speak truths. I have a responsibility to make sure that every discussion I take part of is scriptural based, not out of context discussions.

You can consider yourself Banned from this discussion. Have a good day.
I am not debating with you... I gave you a link to some threads you could use to answer the questions you had, and the threads are based on scripture.. Some threads are history.... My aim was not to offend you.. I am sorry I am not a happy Christian using words Like Grace and Peace.. And all of the happy words so called Christians use. I am a realist.. I am sorry you got offended as many do....

Thank you for banning me from this conversation.. It shows the persecution and affliction I go through daily on here because I preach the truth...
I am not upset with you, some of the comments you posted on the other discussions concerning my discussion is not called for. Everyone has a choice to read the bible for themselves as I stated earlier. You can not tell people that they have to believe you. It's the Word of God we must believe. You are not being persecution and afflicted because of Jesus Christ. There is never a need to debate the Word of God. I have learned that the Word has enough power to fight it's own battles. If you would like to post according to the discussion fine. If it is accusations, bringing strife, contention or anything not of God, I am not interested. Have a good day. Hezekiah.
Where is the strife and contention? I am not forcing people to believe me... Read the book... If a person does not agree with the book that is their prob.. I hope they come into the knowledge of the Lord. I tell it like it is... Sorry if people take offense.. The Lord said people would be offended by the truth in the last days...

Matthew 24:9-14 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
I already surrender your dealings to ( I AM). God Bless.
I know that's right Sister...Surrender it to the Great I AM. I have read all the post and agree with the Word of God, but your question was: "Please show me in the Word only that we are not to pay tithes, offering, or give to the Man/Women of God". THERE IS NO WHERE IN THE SCRIPTURES that say that. But as believers and followers of Jesus stand on the Words of God.

Matthew 5
1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
21Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
26Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
27Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
31It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
32But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
33Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
34But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 6
1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11Give us this day our daily bread.
12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
16Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
17But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
18That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.
19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. 22The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
23But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
24No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

My post is an attempt to show, no matter OT/NT the LAWS remain the same and God's Word remains. It is the SPIRIT OF DISOBEDIENCE that make one not want to pay tithes, offering, or give to the Man/Women of God". THERE IS NO WHERE IN THE SCRIPTURES that say that. But we as believers and followers of Jesus WILL be obedient to the Words of God.
Amen, Praise the Lord! Thanks for coming with the Word of God.
Look at how you 2 come against me... Stop looking at the person, and read the book...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service