Is your church teaching Gods commandments or man's traditions. Yes, I am aware that some traditions are to be passed down from generation to generation. But here lately I am hearing a lot more about what seems right unto man and not what God said in his word. Be careful! Are you looking for religion or salvation there is a difference?

Views: 1253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who are you referring to?
you
The church today has accepted many things that can be classified plainly as the tradition of man. For example, it appears that homosexuality is becoming more and more accepted in the church. I heard of a homosexual couple who have been committed, with a monogamous relationship for thirty years. They had become honest, hardworking and well respected members of the community. They even adopted a son who turned out to be heterosexual and well adjusted as anyone else. This couple seemed to defy most of the stereotypes placed upon gays. Today most people, many in the church including a few pastors will rely on their own empathy and conscience, and conclude that this kind of relationship is actually alright, and that there must not be anything wrong with gay marriage. Here in the city of Houston, we have an openly gay mayor and when she was elected the whole city celebrated, she and her partner of 19 years adopted two children and are invited to specials events around the city as a couple. She has been invited to several churches in the city as well, and this caused many to believe that since they are accepted even by a few churches it must be ok. The problem is, we overlook what is written in the Word of God, "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly..." I use this example simply because it is more prevalent in the church today. I know of a church musician who after directing and leading the choir in praise to God he would often step from behind his piano and go sit side by side his long time live-in male lover before the entire church (before all the children of the church) and no one seems to find it strange or unbecoming. This couple has become accepted by the church as a whole. Why? Because he's been doing the same thing for years,however, one a member did complain to the pastor but the pastor's only response was, "Find me a better musician than he and I will let him go" this pastor has opted to overlook God's Word in an effort to maintain a good musician, how sad. I guess it is all in the name of religion and not salvation for a few of us.
WE WARE ON THE SAME PAGE WITH THESE HOMOSEXUALS. PITIFUL...SOMEBODY BESIDE YOU AUGHT TO SAY SOMETHING.
All churches have fallen away from truth and have become the traditions of men...every last one according to scripture..
GB
All churches? Brother, that is a rather scathing indictment...
More than that, its actually a flat out LIE! To claim that all Churches have fallen away is to say GOD has either given up on us or He has lost control, and that the Book of Revelation is a piece of garbage that is wrong.
I am sure glad you guys responded'... I observed that when it posted~~~~ How much audacity can one possess...Someone needs a serious Mikveh into historical and linguistic truth.

Not like I don't put it out there
It is all research-able..and if you can check a lie, you will know a lie.

yes all churches my brother..lets just hear what God says..

Lamentations 2:7
The Lord has rejected his altar and abandoned his sanctuary. He has handed over to the enemy the walls of her palaces; they have raised a shout in the house of the LORD as on the day of an appointed feast.

the enemy is Satan who rules in the churches today..

Isaiah 14:13
You thought, "I'll go up to heaven and set up my throne above God's stars. I'll sit on the mountain far away in the north where the gods assemble.
where the gods lower case G means where the believers assemble THE CHURCHES
how is this possible? God has turned the churches over to Satan and absentred himself read here:

Lamentations 2:7
The Lord has rejected his altar and abandoned his sanctuary. He has handed over to the enemy the walls of her palaces; they have raised a shout in the house of the LORD as on the day of an appointed feast.

Revelation 18:4
Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

GB
@ Pastor Charles

If you read that post entirely, you will see that I just set the difference between man's commandments, and God's commandments, and what happens when both are followed..
Bless You.
I totally agree with you. Religion is belief in a devine superhuman power or principle. Salvation is being saved. deliverance from sin and penalty. When i go to church I'm going in great expectation. I looking for God's shakina glory to fill the house. For Paul said in Philippians 3:10 " That i may know HIm and the power of His ressurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable to His death." When i shouldn't walk out like in. That's salvation not religion.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service