I now understand more and more about this so-call world of "Hip-Hop". I understand now why "Hip-Hop"has really no place in our churches and yet it's slowly creeping in our church doors. After hearing all of this, I will stand behind fellow clergy members by NOT allowing "Hip-Hop" into our churches.

Pastors,Ministers and Church Leaders, would you allow "Hip-Hop" in your churches? Is this a way in keeping our youth in church? I am interested in all feedback concerning this issue.

Views: 3534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

" ...See Hip-Hop has a spirit about it. It gets people caught up with the HOOK and you are all in the song without knowing all the lyrics ...such as "Soldier Boy's superman that ho, which is referring to ejaculating and pissing over a woman's face----------YET, I have been to at least 5 church's event that played this garbage and saw little girls ---Christian little girls doing the superman that hoe dance!!!!!!!! ..."
'
Aww Sis, tell me this is another jokey joke on your behalf. This is too horrible. Too horrible.
In church? You mean no one is listening to the lyrics?
Who is running these churches?
I dont particular car for hiphop rap but I heard one brother put the glory of God in a nut shell almost brought me to tears.
I am talking about this so-called "Holy Hip Hop" mostly.

1 Corinthians 2:9 

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. All things belong to God, the Devil just took hip- hop and perverted it. I see nothing wrong with giving God Praise or Worship in Hip-hop as long as it Glorifies  God. The Body of Christ must let go of all this Religion and tradition in order to grow. All Hip-Hop in the church is an expression of showing God that he is all that

We need to admit that musical genres are not always neutral. Hip-hop, gansta rap, house music, smooth jazz, reggae... the musical stylings themselves can stir emotions and feelings inimical to the gospel lyrics that have been added to them. The gansta rap sound is always so angry, the smooth
jazz groove so sensuous, the house beat so wanton--even if you add lyrics straight from the psalms of David, the songs in those styles end up sounding carnal.

I think the saints--particularly those "young in the Lord"--need to develop some discretion in this matter. I'm not such a fogy that I think all church music has to sound like the Five Blind Boys; I think there's room for experimentation with different sounds and styles. But some of the secular genres are
just irredeemable.
So then what you are saying is that somehow music, something that God created and uses, is unredeemable and yet somehow man is?? Granted music is not be placed above those who are made and created in the likeness and image of God, but one has to ask if one of God's creations can be redeemed, why not all of them?
I mean seriously think about it if the earth itself is to be redeemed, then really to tell the lie that someone or something is unredeemable is simply that, a lie

So then what you are saying is that somehow music, something that God created and uses, is unredeemable and yet somehow man is??

You answered your own question. Human beings were made in the likeness and image of God: He has a special connection to us that He has to no other creation of His.

Music is a human construct, like visual arts or poetry. Some music may be inspired by God, but some is purely the outworking our carnal imaginations. 

Ok Joseph the cyber stalking must stop... But to the point. Music is a human construct??? Wow dude seriously you actually think that man came up with music all on his lonesome own?? I'm sorry dude your theology is a little twisted and not well thought out.

Bro. Anthony, why did you respond to my post to Julie Thomas. Are you actually apologizing for stalking me?

Who's theology asserts that all genres of music are the handiwork of God? Is that a biblical concept? You'd would do better to stay biblical.

Uh Joe stalking you? why is it that time after time regardless of if I start a thread or answer a friend's thread there you are in the midst.... And you want to try to use circular reasoning with me, my next step will be to post examples. 

My theology bruh, asserts that ALL things were created by God, Paul says clearly in Ephesians that ALL things were created by God, does ALL mean ALL or do you wish to argue the point of the word all??? If then God is the originator of ALL things would it then be reasonable to assert that God will redeem ALL of His creation?  And yet the lie that somehow that there is something that He created that is unredeemable?

And as far as you answering Julie's post? Bruh you directly quoted me  are you somehow convinced that I am illerterate and cannot read let alone recall the things that I write? Come on dude we have already established that I am not one to take as an eternal truth something that someone says just because they have the title Rev. or Pastor in front of thier names. We are all men and women, human and fallable. As such I give credence to the old Russian proverb, believe but verify. In short "Put not your trust in man".....  If you wish to debate the intrinsic meaning of the word ALL we can do so.

Isaiah 55:8
“ For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. So know that music was created by God for his glory. im not saying that all styles and words of music were created by God, but I will say the sounds. We can not allow the Devil to make us think other wise. He is the one who perverted the beauty of music. But we as the Saints of God need to do as the word saysMatthew 11:12
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. We got to let the Devil know by no means will he come into the house of god and defile it with his music that is made to cause the people of God to go astray or keep the lost lost. But we must let him know that what he meant to use for evil God has put it back in our hands to use for good and to build his Kingdom.

@ Julie; Your Rabbi Yeshua Walked as a Jew, Taught as a Jew, why not go and learn from one.

Using your Romanized or version of Hellenism, Shaul teaches this as a witness of Judaism 101~ Paul stated:

"But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a 'sect,' so I worship the Elohim of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Torah and the Prophets."

Acts 24:14.

On the WAY = on the Derech which is Yeshua ben Yoseph's  statement in the book of Mattiisyahu 5:v17-19 ( Matthew )

Do Not think I came to destroy the Torah, but to fulfill it...Fulfill in the Hebrew idiom = Walk to Walk out the Torah~~ and that is exactly what Yochannon stated in f'irst-Yochannon 2:v6

"Those who say they follow Yeshua,....Should therefore 'Walk as the man Yeshua, Walked.".

Your Rabbi of choice stated this:"

"You shall know the Torah and the Torah will set you free"

<><><>

Go and Study, then WE the people will heal the world with shalom from one to another"

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service