I now understand more and more about this so-call world of "Hip-Hop". I understand now why "Hip-Hop"has really no place in our churches and yet it's slowly creeping in our church doors. After hearing all of this, I will stand behind fellow clergy members by NOT allowing "Hip-Hop" into our churches.

Pastors,Ministers and Church Leaders, would you allow "Hip-Hop" in your churches? Is this a way in keeping our youth in church? I am interested in all feedback concerning this issue.

Views: 3535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a question.  Before Hip-hop came along were there not ANY young people sold out to God????

Abraham, Issac and Yaakob the fathers of the faith and the first teachers of Kabbalah were definitively sold out to YHVH / Adonai...IMHO.

As a matter of fact, historically and culturally and linguistically you can find your own linage within the texts and within the tribes.

Rome l has lead many astray,...However the TaNaKh (the Hebrew Scrolls) will lead you back on the path (the-Derech) to ABBA ( Father/ Taddy) and all His awesome wonders.

Foolishness will not get anyone to a higher level of consciousness..study on the other hand will change a generation.

Shalom Aleichem / peace be upon you....

I'm an 80's Kid and Yes !!! Of course it was driven by fear but it worked for us back then...HOLINESS...That's enough.
Study African Praise and Worship and tell me if Dance dont belong in the church. Like I said before we have become to blind in the body of Christ to see the beauty of all that God created. All music belongs to God he created it the Devil just came along and perverted it. No this is becoming of someone who is open to the things of God. And hears his heartbeat. down with religion and tradition.
Hiphop will probably be the future way praise is done at black churches...Its looked down on right now, but so was blues,jazz,and many other types of music that are now common in black churches.
Yea true, but when you are really going thru, its not the songs like stomp that helps, its the old school genre that gets you thru.
Truthfully, you'd be surprised in what song can inspire someone to gelp them through. Anything that has the right message reaching the people of God will help them through. I didn't grow up on the old school, but I appreciate t and I know it's works and the power and just like some of the christian rap and some later versiosns of songs; they have helped me and encouraged me along the way. It is about the content, the message and it's power, not the style. If they are opreaching wrong in the emssage then of course it is corrupt, but if the message is godly then let em preach! And yes I said preach, not rap, because someone of them are preachers and you can hear the message of God in the song. Some songs exhort and incourage, inspire. If it doesnt touch you, then okay, but don't block the generation now from what could help them. No don't compromise, but be open to God's message thru whatever style He decides. Why have we become the pharisees of our day?? Pharisees have personal opinions, but what we need, as Jesus taught us throuhg His earth ministry, is that we need wisdom, understanding, and discernment, thru His spirit and not the traditions of man.
I love holy hip hop. Cross movement baby!
they got me rollin wit da
all knowing, all seeing ,eternal ,infinite being
God of abraham isaac and jacob
he's rising to shape us
preparing to take us
from the pains that ache us

hip hop in tru form ---to be continued
I hear ya Sista . . .

I want God in me NOW!
Don't wanna have to wait or work for it to happen later, because later might be TOO LATE!
Come NOW Lord Jesus!

Can I getta AMEN?

Peace back @ cha . . .
Ha ha ha ha ha .... Yall are too much. Yall jammin over here huh?
What do you all think about these videos?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service