I now understand more and more about this so-call world of "Hip-Hop". I understand now why "Hip-Hop"has really no place in our churches and yet it's slowly creeping in our church doors. After hearing all of this, I will stand behind fellow clergy members by NOT allowing "Hip-Hop" into our churches.

Pastors,Ministers and Church Leaders, would you allow "Hip-Hop" in your churches? Is this a way in keeping our youth in church? I am interested in all feedback concerning this issue.

Views: 3535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh but you know that these two will never do that. in fact Spenser made a mistake when he said that "the Lord added daily such as be saved", the Lord added, not the Gospel Gangstaz, the Lord added, not Out of Eden--but the Lord!" He is absolutely right and he is absolutely wrong, Preachers do not add to the church either. They are mere doorways and small ones at that. They basically facilitate an introduction, much like most musicians be they gospel jazz, gospel R&B, or Holy Hip Hop.
Look, you and Brother Day can enjoy your gospel hip hop until your hearts are content. I have never seen anyone take an issue so personal in my life, why does it disturb you so much that I disagree with you? My opinion has nothing to do with what you want to do or maybe just maybe you are feeling a little uncomfortable and like Mr. Pierce you want me to "shut up" that's alright it won't be the first time someone has felt that way.
Reverends Spencer and Hodge,

The intent is to preach liberty to the captives. The sad truth is many a sinner is saved by an encounter the risen Christ only to trade the yoke of sin for the yoke of religion. True liberty in faith is borne of relationship with God through Jesus Christ, not reliance on the traditions of men.

I am not trying to change your mind with regard to what you do in your own pulpit; rather I am simply making the argument that there is nothing inherently evil about the music and that the purveyors of holy hip-hop are significantly different from their counterparts in the world. My prayer is simply that you will see that holy hip-hop artists are like any other Gospel artist; they have a heart to win the lost and edify the believer.

I do not want to "shut you up," as you suggest. I realize that the Body of Christ must dialogue within itself, led by the Holy Spirit, if we are ever to come together in unity. Indeed, my heart's desire is to hear you speak up! Please answer the questions posed by Brother Anthony. Please respond to my request to share with us exactly what music is acceptable. I contend that you will not because it will either reveal the emptiness of your argument, or worse, expose you as hypocrites.

I was prepared to leave this forum but then that would leave you with the impression that your argument was superior and that you had attained a position in scriptural "high ground." Instead, the Holy Spirit has convicted me to endure that His truth will persevere.

Once again, I place the ball in your respective courts. Tell us, what music is acceptable and define your position relative to 2 Corinthians 3:17. Where is love in your argument? Where is liberty? All I've heard thus far is condescension and bondage.
There is nothing personal about my response to your latest posting. That was all business. I took your words and dissected them. Maybe you took that personally. Sorry I do that, if you respond to me, you have to be ready for me to dissect what you wrote and interpret it based on what you have previously posted. You posted a lot of in my opinion honest nonsense and called it an answer to a question I posed now 72 hours ago. Uncomfortable doubtful my brother, I am well at peace. And regarding how Mr. Pierce feels he does have a bit of a point. If you listen to any other form of music R&B, Jazz and the like and yet have an issue with Holy Hip Hop it is a little hypocritical. You want to keep one so called demonic beat out of the church and yet allow it in your home, and car. Kinda like Pharaoh telling Moses you do not have to get rid of the frogs right now, you can do it tomorrow. In terms of you shutting up, please my brother implications like that when no such words have even crossed my fingers onto the keyboard and represented as characters on the screen are a little odd. And as far as disturbing me, brother, this is a debate, you have had a debate have you not? You know that two people take sides on an issue and discuss same. There are rules, regarding debates most of the time, many of them are understood. Am I to believe that you did not know that? As far as your opinion goes you are welcome to it. I have said before and have not wavered if you want it you can have it, i do believe however that it is foolish, and wrong to demonize, without cause. You have said nothing, even when pressed about Holy Hip Hop, you have said nothing about the artists, you have mentioned nothing about their lifestyle that would lead you to believe that they are personally degenerate as some of their secular counterparts are. I know you want me to shut up, but hey, I bet you want a million dollars too LOL....
Looks like there's no response. I'm waiting for the itemized list of holy music and it is yet to come...
Brother Day we are likely not going to hear from them.
It is a proven fact that most preachers, and I hate to say it, especially black preachers are prone to take something that they do not care for, and build a doctrine around it. Sad truth is that these silly men are willing to place themselves and others in bondage to their doctrine that has absolutely nothing to do with the eternal truths of the Bible. For example, in the early days of COGIC history Bishop Mason banned movie going.... So for years no one in COGIC went to the movies, even such Disney classics as Snow White, and Pinocchio were forbidden. It was only after his death that the ban was lifted. Does this mean that all movies are good movies, of course not, however if we spend our time searching for the demons, how much time are we actually spending looking for the Lord?

Jesus who is to be our example did not spend any time looking for the devil, nor did he spend his time demonizing anyone who did not follow him

The sad truth is that the church spends far too much time demonizing people and things, and not enough time doing real ministry. Dietrich Bonhoeffer said it best, when he said "The church is the church only when it exists for other". The example of Christ is clear, and the example of the first century church is clear. We need to learn, and we need to follow. We should be about the business of bleeding as Christ bled for those outside our four walls, as opposed to discovering what their spiritual state is. Jesus never gave a prerequisite for healing, never asked "what temple do you attend". Why is it that we do that? show me scripture line and verse about withholding support for someone just because they are outside the church. When was the last time any of us have been about doing what we are really called to do, SERVE? How do we do it, if we are constantly looking for the devil, and how do we reach them if all we are doing is telling them they are going to hell. Most sinners believe it or not already know that, the question is my brothers, besides telling them that. what are you prepared to do about it, beyond pontificating about what THEY should be doing?
Great response Pastor Hodge, what you are saying reminds me of what Paul said in II Corinthians 4: 3-4. Because I really think that is what's happening here in this forum.
Actually Brother Spencer, you and pastor Hodge have an issue with I Peter 3:15a "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason" If you are going to engage in Apologetics, you should be ready to deal with whatever questions come, without circular reasoning.
Rev. Miller, I pose the same question to you as I did to Pastor Hodge...what songs should we sing in the sanctuary?
Again, I would not dare try to tell you what songs to sing in the sanctuary. Because it is totally up to your pastor or music director or maybe even you as to what songs they or you desire to include in their order of service. But I can say what songs should be sung in the sanctuary I attend, and that would be godly-inspired spirituals, anthems, and hymns. You sir, can sing what you want, Snoop dawg, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Perry Como, Engelbert Humperdinck, etc. It's your choice and not mine.
Once again, sir, please be so kind as to provide us with the list of acceptable songs. Also, I'd like to hear any empirical evidence indicting the negative behavior of contemporary Gospel and/or holy hip-hop artists.
Sir, your basic premise is flawed. No one is suggesting bringing in worldly lyrics. We're talking about the music.

Since you refuse to acknowledge this, please tell us what songs should we sing in the sanctuary. I would really like to know your thoughts on that...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service