I now understand more and more about this so-call world of "Hip-Hop". I understand now why "Hip-Hop"has really no place in our churches and yet it's slowly creeping in our church doors. After hearing all of this, I will stand behind fellow clergy members by NOT allowing "Hip-Hop" into our churches.

Pastors,Ministers and Church Leaders, would you allow "Hip-Hop" in your churches? Is this a way in keeping our youth in church? I am interested in all feedback concerning this issue.

Views: 3535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rev. Anthony R. Watson, I respect your views and I respect your position in the Kingdom of God. However, your argument seem to stray from your question, Sir. This is because beats, rhythm  and sounds does not: use crack nor do they get locked up for crimes - People do. And people exploit others with words not beats. Moreover, your argument on 'Hip-Hop mentality' my brother in Christ is something other and does not connect because a  Holy Ghost filled, fire baptized, On move for God youth with 'original'  beats and rhythm from the Hip-Hop genre that are infused with anointed lyrics inspired by God will have the mind of Christ and with not bring 'Hip-Hop' mentality to the church.

Moreover, my brother those very same people that you talked about in your fourth point is perishing and going to hell consequently because the people are God are not reaching out to them. You say, the people is your fourth point is from the Hip-Hop generation don't you think it would be a wise idea to use Christian Hip-Hop, 'something they can identify with', infused it with the word of God and get the message out that there is a Jesus the cares and understands and is able to pick up from the mire and give you new life.

What is being done? Is watching the people on First 48, 48 Hours on ID, The New Detectives, and Bait Car

go to jail or the pitless hell more important the trying to reach people who are just like them in our neighbors? God have given us a charge to keep.

Brother Johnson,
You will always find people who call themselves ministers who always have a negative word of condemnation against gays, lesbians, drug addicts, drug dealers, gang members, etc. John 3:17, ".For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

The problem is not the music it is the lyrical rhymes (words) that have perverted the sound of all music, rap, rock -n- roll, hip hop, R&B, jazz, etc.. There are countless testimonies from ex- drug dealers and ex-gang members who once listened to negative rap and now listen to positive rap music. These are the people who are going back into their streets making an impact and winning souls for Christ. Those who minister condemnation from the confines of their comfort zone are really more of a problem than the very rap music which they condemn.

The devil perverts good (music) and turns it into evil. No difference than sitting in the church on a Sunday morning listen to false doctrines from false prophets, pastors, teachers, etc. The devil has perverted the church by removing the system of order which God has ordained through his word. Look for children preachers to start being ordained to the office of Bishop in the next few years.

Usually you will find ineffective ministry through those ineffective ministers who condemn rather than taking time to minister the love of God. We are commanded to Luke 14:21, "...Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind."
Ladii Rai,
I don't think anyone with any real spiritual discernment really takes Russel Simmons, his Master Prophet E. Bernard Jordan or Kanye West as serious ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ. They should be viewed for entertainment purposes only. Many people are only looking for entertainment (fulfilling natural desires of the flesh). Everybody is not going to heaven.
Before you speak about Jakes you need to first take a look at his call to ministry.

Whenever we move away from biblical order and authority as God has ordained through his word we can only expect disorder in every aspect of our world.  If people worship Jakes, what do you expect?

Romans 8:28, " And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose."  All the devil has done was take good and turn it into evil.  Do you think the problem begins with Christain rap?  You cannot pick up on a result of a problem and expect to solve it without first identifying the root cause of the problem.

You are from a single parent home, don't have a college education, etc; and what God will do is take what the enemy has perverted and turn it around for his good and his glory.  You are called to be a change agent and turn it around for good and for the glory of God the same as those Christian rap artists.  "All that it takes for evil to flourish is for good men (women) to do nothing."  What are you doing besides finding fault, how are you trying to bring about change?

You have moved from the problem of rap (music) to the problem of relationship.  You can keep going and identifying problems all day.  The world will be filled with problems until Christ returns to sit things in order.  You have yet to identify the root cause of the problem.

My point is that there are Christian rap artists who are using their God-given gifts for his glory.  It appears that you have a ministerial calling on your life.  You should also be using your gifts in whatever area God has called you, if it is not music, then, are you a singer or musician?  Then let those called to minister in music take care of that aspect of ministry and let God use them for his glory. 

Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world (Nephilim).  Do you believe this?  Nephilim is a by-product.

Ecclesiastes 12:12, "And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books [there is] no end; and much study [is] a weariness of the flesh." 

Ecclesiastes 12:13, "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man."

What is greater than the Nephilim Spirit?  God has given you a will.

Ladii Rai,

Your sucking up to Watson who is well known as a BPN "character" that does not operate under any kind of anointing from the Holy Spirit is no different than people sucking up to Jakes or any other person.  You are proof of how easy it is for people to be seduced by titles (Reverend).  Watson is a seminary student (books) with no anointing.    

You say, " I could care less about titles, that's why I left the black church a long time ago."  You left the black church but want to be on BPN.  What if God would have left you?  "You hypocrite." 

When I look at your profile posing out in the country I see a lonely, angry little girl.  Why are you posing?

Let me stop.  God bless you sister.  One last thing.  Watson does not believe in the transfer of spirits.

So you pose for other men to look at you or other woman?  Isn't that wordly like Christian rap?  Keep it real sister (want to be behind the camera).  You follow Jakes more than anyone I know.  Do you really want to be behind that camera?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Boring.
The devil is getting the victory out of this whole thing. It is stupid that yall are fighting over somebody opinion. The question is this how is your relationship with God secondly Judge the man by his fruits if he or she is producing thru the spirit of God then that what it's is. Brother Watson seem racist and he just do what the media do is draw up a sterotype if you know it not the sound of the beat and just the lyrics so be it. you are a fool trying to prove your vision that God gave you.We need to come together in Unity then fighting each-other  on what's god or not. The problem is we Judge what we don't know. The hand doesn't work like the feet etc we have different function in the body of Christ. I know what I do is in the spirit of God and I don't have to prove it to no one cause I'm confident in my relationship with The Chirst

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service