Follow peace with all men, and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord.

I see so many Apostolics falling from holiness standards. Whats wrong with Apostolics today? Isn't sin still sin? I see men with there pants to tight, pants falling off dragging the ground almost talking about the seat of there pants. I see women cutting there hair, wearing make-up, earrings, rings on every finger, Isn't sin still sin. Come out from among them and be ye seperate saith the Lord.

The Apostolics are no longer Apostolic - Why Not?

God Bless,
Pastor Carl Davis

Views: 552

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I agree, Acts 2:38 needs to be preached first, then a pastor can teach holiness doctrine and the new filled saint will have the Power to live it. The Power of the Holy Ghost is power over sin, Power over the flesh, Power over the things of the world and the lusts there of. And it does take time, we shouldn't run someone out of church as soon as they get it the door. But if the church has a holiness standard, and someone comes in and says, "I won't come to this church any more because you don't think I'm saved wearing make-up and earrings" Do we drop our standard? No. Let them go to hell by themselves.
Hello my brother ! I agree that folks are not holding up to the standards but is everything we say a sin, a sin ? I personally think a woman looks better without make up or just a little makeup but is there anywhere in the Bible that say make up is a sin ? The way the young men are wearing their pants down is a shame and a disgrace but as bad as that is we have to have an approach that will get these young men to think different and saved.We have to stand up and let them know they can't come in the church with their pants down and at the same time show them love and get them involved in church activities.When the boss on their jobs tell them they can't wear their pants down, open toe shoes, halter tops, they obey.Why can't they obey the rules in the house of God ? LIke my late father in law and pastor use to say,"you can't skin a fish until you catch him. To change the outside of these people they have to be changed on the inside first or they will just pull their pants up when they see you ! Let's go for the heart of the person with the word of God first ! Have A Blessed Day ! Elder Horace Hale Jr.
I DID NOT KNOW THAT MAKE UP AND EARRINGS AND RINGS AND CUTTING YOUR HAIR WAS SIN??????? YES WE MUST BE SEPRATE, BUT ALL THOSE THINGS I FEEL, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH .ALL LONG AS YOUR ARE NOT PUTTING THEM BEFORE GOD! WE REPRESENT HIM, SO YES WE SHOULD LOOK AND ACT DIFFRENTLY FROM THE WORLD YES WE APOSTOLICS MUST MAINTAIN OUR STANDARD FOR HOLLINESS AND BE YE SEPERATE, WE MUST NOT LOSE OUR IDENTITY AMONGS THE WORLD, BUT I FEEL ITS UP TO THAT INDIVIDUAL AND GOD IF THEY SHOULD WHERE MAKE UP AND EARRINGS AND CUT THEIR HAIR, IN MY OPINION IF ITS NOT FOR THAT PERSON TO WHERE OR DO THESE THINGS THE HOLY GHOST WILL CONVICT THEM TO TAKE IT OFF!
It is not about feelings. It is about, What the bible says? and Obey. Our Identity in the world is to be separate from the world, to show them you can live saved, without looking like the world. The Holy Ghost will convict every individual these things are wrong, but if a pastor doesn't teach the scriptures to support it, they will end up back in the worldliness God is trying to bring us out of.
I believe the Apostolics of this age is seeking to the ways of world. I see the saints looking like the world. But what is profound that our Bishops are allowing the worldly women to be apart of ministies. they have a child out not being they are continue to be on the praise team.
However, saints and the people of the world knows that there are requirement. In fact, the workplace, Universities, general rules and violations.

Whats hard for me I see woman dressed up for a job interview, dress in the apporpriate attrie for work. but wallk in church, with thier shorts. their body exposed. If you speak about then you consider judging them. All you are asked to do is pray for them. I believe it standard are spoken about that What also is amazing is the with ear rings their ears. It is apparent to me , that that our holiness don't mean to holy. Our pastor is not preaching about hell, and the dark side. The holiness church is or, becoming a warehouse without the Holy Ghost. I ask you pastor why the holy ghost is not being taught. How can man be save , if not the ways of a holy God.
Amen and Amen. Thank you for holding up a holiness standard. I am definitely a believer and supporter of Holiness or Hell. I believe the bible does have scriptures to support preaching against pants, cutting hair, wearing jewelry, body piercing, tattoos, wearing make-up, and anything that is LIKE it. You have to decide for your self if the scriptures do preach against it or you can agree with the world. The Holy Ghost told me these things were wrong the Day I got filled, I just thank God for a Holy Ghost filled Pastor, with a back bone, that taught me the scriptures to support the conviction of the Holy Ghost. That is the real problem here, there are pastors who aren't teaching what the scriptures say concerning a holiness standard, and yes, there IS a holiness standard. 2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you It is not how close we can get to the line between being saved and the worldliness that has crept in, It's how far away can I get from it and closer to God.
Praise the Lord brother Baker..I agree whole heartedly with you...there are scriptures that teach againt these things..The problem is we have strayed away from the "ordinances" of God...But as you stated we must first win the hearts of the people..through love and show them that God loves them in spite of the things they have done allow, the word work on them....Because when they come in they are broken, burden, the last thing they need is some one telling them they are goin to hell for wearing paints.... when they might not even own a dress or even have the money to buy one... we must show them the "LOVE" of christ first.....And then....
Once they are in the church then we "teach" them the scriptures..I feel as you do the pastors today are not teaching what the scriptures say...
I feel the real problem is that the Pastors themselves dont know where to find the scpriptures...Everything in the Bible is not all "Black and White" sometimes we have to search the sciptures and get in Gods word...starting from the Old to the New...And sometimes we just need to use plain old common since.We have so many "excuses" why not to be obedient to Gods word...But it ant about "us" It's about "God"...The best one is.."I dont see anything wrong with this and that" But what about God??
God has always had standards for his people..He has always cared about what his people looked like on the outside as well as the inside...From the time he bought the children of Isreal out of Egypt....So we must "study" to show ourselves approved...And rightly devide the word of truth
I was raised Apostolic..A Pastors child..I alway tried to be obedient..and to do what I was "told" to do...not really understanding why..I should'nt do it..But it wasnt untill I begin to get into God's word and study for myself..I didnt really understand it until then...Why I was "told" not to do "this and that"..
Our Pastors are not teaching..so all these things are creeping in church.... And you dont know the "Saints" from the "Aints"...There was a time that you just knew..but now we are living in a time that eveyone looks they same..and God is NOT pleased...
I am going to put together some scriptures, new and old testament, that I have been taught support holiness, for someone that hasn't been taught. I think 2Cor 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, is a good place to start.
The holiness standards is not being preached, The Apostolics of this day appears to believed that we are under Grace and Mercy. .We are judging people whe they.come into our churh. However that same person will walk into a worldly office with apporprite attire. Holiness for the Apostlics is changing for the God of Materialism. I wonder whats happening to our churchs. We are allowing the ladies and mens to walk in side a holiness churh; and come out the same way No Holy Ghost power. The Altars calls is not the at Altar. Its' a room where sinners are taking, and the prayer warriors are dressed up with no Holy Ghost power. Handle you a card to fill out. Where all the mouring women? Who the are real praying women? What has happen to all night prays. We need to hear about hell and sin and thats' is not being preached. People are not coming from the world. Our young women have form of Godliness but denying the power of true holiness. Mothers and Father in the faith are allowing their daughters also Sons, to be involved with men and women of the world that has not accept Jesus in their life. Call Apostlics to pray and fasting for change throughout this country.

sis
God Bless
Exept a man be born of water and of spirit he can not enter the Kingdom God, John 3:5

In a time when it so important to be sensetive to the spirit of God we as Apostolic Teachers and Leaders of truth, the same truth that was delivered By God himself unto his chosen desciples to establish his church and to be preached unto all nations, that truth we know to be the Gopsel (Death, Burial and Resurection of Jesus Christ) which has the power unto salvation. We commit too much time and effort to the way a saint should look, that we unsave and discourage folk instead of encourging them to be transformed by the renewing of their minds. Jesus so elequently taught on the beattitudes or in other words how to be, never did he say look like this. He taught this because of the miss conception concerning the laws. The religious leaders and government at that time (Pharisees and Saducees) demanded an outward show of the laws and punished men and women because of what they saw. Jesus taught that it is the inner that counted. A man or woman can look any kind of way yet still be as a ravenging wolf sitting in the pulpit, chior, deacons board, usher board and young peoples ministry preying on those that we may think are less Holy because of their outward appearance. I was once told that where ever the head goes the body follows. If we renew our minds the rest will follow. Make-up earrings, pants, shoes, hair styles are of no real importance the MAIN THING IS THE SOUL and our hearts about them. Men and Women are no longer Apostolics, I disagree. The true question should be What is a True Apostolic and Holy Way Of Life. Remeber the plan of Salvation.

GOD BLESS
I was doing a little bit of Studying tonight and the Lord Opened up something more to me about Compassion on those who don't have a shepard and are scattered, and he Said the Harvest is Ripe. One thing After I got filled with the Holy Ghost I wanted to See people Saved, I didn't Care about What they Looked like or what they were wearing, because Before I got Filled with the Holy Ghost I was in a worse Shape than Them. I was no better than them at all. Now I'm seeing Friends, family, and People that are without Living beneath their Priviledge and i almost Like Cry for them, and want to Share the Gospel with them, Let them Know that they don't have to Live Like this, Live in Sin, Follow after Vain PREACHER'S or Religions that has been Altered or Merely Created by men. I'm going To Share this: I know of Some people Where I Live, That cal themselves Saved, But Everything about them says "I'm Not Saved" What they are Doing, they are going about Baptizing People, and They have No Power. And Their Lifes Don't Line up with the Bible, Nor does their religion. It's crazy and I'm just asking the Lord How is this So? What about these people who believed in them, what will they be able to say to you in that Day. I'm just Praying that Someones gives them the Truth
Praise Him, Saints!

I agree the standard of holiness has been watered-down or done away with in the Holiness Church (especially Apostolic-Holiness), and this is not just P.A.W., but a lot of other independent or other organizational Apostolic Churches have fell from the standard in attempt to please people and keep them happy (thereby maintaining a good financial record for the church and the pastor), in attempt to not offend anyone. However, we have to remember TRUTH will always offend those that are not spiritual. Everybody talking in tongues, shouting and dancing, and even appearing holy outwardly, ISNT spiritual. The truth is we got a lot of carnal folks in the church (in their thinking and thereby in their actions). Truth always offend the immature, who are not growing up into maturity in Christ. HOLINESS is not what I say it is, you say it is, the P.A.W. says it is, or anybody else says it is, it's not what we think IT OUGHT TO BE, it's not our own interpretation, it's what GOD SAYS IT IS. And in the Word of God, GOD SAYS HOLINESS effects EVERY aspect of your life, beginning inwardly, and working its way outwardly into every area of our life. There is no way, HOLINESS can be in you and not change the way you think, the way you talk, the way you act, the way you talk, the way you dress, and anything else...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service