Though I would like to be done, the Lord led me to realize that in previous garden discussions I neglected to make reference to Genesis 3:14 which states:

“And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.”

The question is, when God says, “Because thou hast done this,” what specifically is he referring to? The preceding verse (Genesis 3:13) says:

“And the LORD God said unto the woman, what is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.”

It is my assertion that God validates the truth of the female’s confession in Genesis 3:13 (and therefore true initial lack of intent to sin in Genesis 3:1-6) by saying to the serpent, “Because thou hast done this” in Genesis 3:14. That is, God proves to believe the female was tricked into this sin just as she confessed (and was subsequently proven honored in alignment with the will of God in Genesis 3:20).

But what do you think? Did the female speak the truth in Genesis 3:13 and God believed her? Or did she lie in Genesis 3:13 and make God into a fool because he proves to believe her by cursing the serpent in the very next verse saying “Because thou hast done this” (and even allowing her the honor to be called “Eve” (life-giver) and “mother of all living” in Genesis 3:20)? Or if you don’t believe God was speaking in Genesis 3:14 about the confession of the female in Genesis 3:13, what then in reference to the serpent was he speaking about saying, “Because thou hast done this?” What specifically did the serpent otherwise do?

Keep in mind Genesis 3:15 when God says:

“And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.”

Genesis 3:14 and 3:15 are written as one sentence (one complete thought/action of God) separated only by a colon (and even positioned as a direct response of God to the words of the female in Genesis 3:13). So we know whatever was the justification of God (a justification determined by the free-will and dominion of humans causing God to either destroy, save, punish, or honor) to punish the serpent in Genesis 3:14, and to even make a difference between his “seed” and her “seed” in Genesis 3:15, had nothing directly to do with Adam. In action, this is solely between the serpent and the female, otherwise Genesis 3:15 would have been inclusive of Adam yet it is not (though we know both sinned).

What do you think?

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's absurd to say, 'the book of Genesis is not a prophetic book.' All the books of the Bible are prophetic for they point out the Messiah and what He did do.

Genesis 3:15 is prophetic for it says, 'the woman shall have enmity against the serpent and the serpent against the woman. It also says, 'the seed of the woman shall crush the serpent's head' of which Yahshua did.

Revelation brings up the prophetic of Genesis when it refers to the 'dragon, devil' as the 'serpent who was in the garden' (Rev. 20:2).
Let's just get it all out of the way Brother Watson. I am a feminist, a heretic, a jezebel, a dandelion chaser, not of God, a Jesus hater, a man hater ... did I get them all? Now can we please return to the text of the discussion?
LOL Dawn! Yep, don't forget, 'you're bitter over some allleged drastic thing that 'SURELY MUST HAVE HAPPENED TO YOU' amidst your blessed life, amen? LOL

Absurdity! Sheer absurdity to their alleged 'Christ-like' shame! Unbelievble!
Watson, I can't believe you are talking to Mrs. Davidson in this cruel, heartless, UN-CHRISTIAN-LIKE manner. If you didn't 'care' about this then you shouldn't have come in to announce 'you don't care about this.' It's wrong. It's wrong before the Jesus Christ you claim to serve. In fact, your behavior is satanic.

She's not forcing you or anyone else to discourse with her. I think it's interesting to discuss the in-depth meaning of Scripture. Since you mentioned the Hebraic, they have a whole other take upon Haavah (Eve) and all that took place in the garden. I find that very interesting. It's spiritually edifying to discuss the possible in-depth meanings of Scripture events.

Again, I'm shocked at your behavior towards this woman. She hasn't done one single person on this board any harm. She just put forth the question for discussion.
Do you teach the commandments Brother Valentine? Do you go to church on the Sabbath? Is your congregation a Sabbath congregation? If you can answer any of these questions yes, then you are justified to inform her she is incorrect, but if you are not keeping the comandments, and teaching your congregation to do so, you are no better than she is. I am not being mean, someone's soul could be at stake.
Thank you Brother Hezekiah.
No prob sister.
WE teach and preach the Gospel of Jesus the Christ. We do not teach our own gospel,rules or regulations or fairytails.. We don't preach and teach what we feel and our opinin, and what this should mean. We don't lead others down a path of destruction.We encourage all to know the bible for them selves , but as for you and this woman who knows?
I don't agree with what she is saying, but she is trying, and I can tell her heart is in the right place. Brother Valentine, and Brother Watson, both have congregations, so you both should know better. Preaching the gospel is not preaching the name Jesus, but Preaching his doctrine that is the gospel. What is his doctrine? The keeping of the commandments of God that we may receive eternal life at his 2nd coming. So I ask Brother Valentine, and Brother Watson, do either of you teach your congregations to keep the comandments to seed eternal life? I don't have a congregation, but I am apart of one, and my Preacher reads the book, and the book says teach the commandments to seed eternal life. I am actually trying to help save your lives.
Her heart is in the right place. You should know better. Yes I am talking about the commandments that the Lord said are not grievous ..

1John 5:2-3 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Eccleciastes 12:13-14 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Did you read what the Bible that you claim to follow said?
The ten commandments. All ten are not grievous. It is not hard to not kill, not steal, not lie, not lust, to keep the Sabbath day, Honor our mother and father, not covet after our neighbor's things, not have graven images, not have other god before the Lord God of Israel. It is not hard, but we do fall short sometimes, and that is why you repent, and try not to do it again.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service