Though I would like to be done, the Lord led me to realize that in previous garden discussions I neglected to make reference to Genesis 3:14 which states:

“And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.”

The question is, when God says, “Because thou hast done this,” what specifically is he referring to? The preceding verse (Genesis 3:13) says:

“And the LORD God said unto the woman, what is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.”

It is my assertion that God validates the truth of the female’s confession in Genesis 3:13 (and therefore true initial lack of intent to sin in Genesis 3:1-6) by saying to the serpent, “Because thou hast done this” in Genesis 3:14. That is, God proves to believe the female was tricked into this sin just as she confessed (and was subsequently proven honored in alignment with the will of God in Genesis 3:20).

But what do you think? Did the female speak the truth in Genesis 3:13 and God believed her? Or did she lie in Genesis 3:13 and make God into a fool because he proves to believe her by cursing the serpent in the very next verse saying “Because thou hast done this” (and even allowing her the honor to be called “Eve” (life-giver) and “mother of all living” in Genesis 3:20)? Or if you don’t believe God was speaking in Genesis 3:14 about the confession of the female in Genesis 3:13, what then in reference to the serpent was he speaking about saying, “Because thou hast done this?” What specifically did the serpent otherwise do?

Keep in mind Genesis 3:15 when God says:

“And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.”

Genesis 3:14 and 3:15 are written as one sentence (one complete thought/action of God) separated only by a colon (and even positioned as a direct response of God to the words of the female in Genesis 3:13). So we know whatever was the justification of God (a justification determined by the free-will and dominion of humans causing God to either destroy, save, punish, or honor) to punish the serpent in Genesis 3:14, and to even make a difference between his “seed” and her “seed” in Genesis 3:15, had nothing directly to do with Adam. In action, this is solely between the serpent and the female, otherwise Genesis 3:15 would have been inclusive of Adam yet it is not (though we know both sinned).

What do you think?

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definition of Sin 1John 3:4 4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Definition of God's love
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
ON that great day of the Lord, you can stand with your law. I will stand with God's Grace and Mercy, and covered by the blood of Jesus the Christ. I pray that while the blood still runs warm in your veins. That you will come to know Jesus the Christ as Lord and Saviour.Also on that great day you cannot say that you never had the oppertunity to accept Christ Jesus. As lord and Saviour.
I do know Jesus because I keep his commandments.
Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city
Anthony,

You sure you want to ride this train again?
Anthony,

Dealing with your scriptures at hand. Let us start with Romans 8:3 only, then move on to the others.

Romans 8:3.. What the Torah could not do? That is to bring complete salvation to the people of Yahuah. Do not forget that the Torah is a dual Torah. Which means it contains the blessing for obedience, and the curse for disobedience.

As long as there is a curse, then it would keep us from obtaining salvation through the Torah. Duet 30:15,"See, I have given before you today life and death, good and evil." Verse 19,"I have given before you life and death, blessing and curse."

As you can see, the Torah is a dual. Just because the Torah cannot save, does not void of keeping it, because this scripture never said "stop keeping Torah."

Yahuah sent His son to take away what? The blessing for keeping Torah, or the curse?
I love it Anthony, I think it very interesting. You are bringing up some good points and that's what it is all about healthy debate on the 'truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Again, in reference to the actual post, if you don’t believe God was speaking in Genesis 3:14 about the confession of the female in Genesis 3:13, what then in reference to the serpent was he speaking about saying, “Because thou hast done this?” What specifically did the serpent otherwise do?

God either proves here that he believes the female or he was pointing to another work of the serpent in the garden, what was it?
The problem with not accepting that God simply believed (as He even proved to honor) the confession of Eve in Genesis 3:13 is that you have no other place to go in answering this question without perhaps implicating the work of an Adam.

But I would like to relieve you of that. Genesis 3:13 thru Genesis 3:15 has nothing directly to do with Adam. Genesis 3:13 specifically speaks to the actions of Eve, in Genesis 3:14 God is clearly (as I believe) speaking to the serpent in direct reference to the confession of the female in 3:13 (again having nothing to do with Adam), and in Genesis 3:15 Adam is only indirectly indicated due to the fact that he stands to benefit because God proved able to use the demonstrated just "seed" and "head" of Eve in the garden to justify continuance of human life in the earth and even use her like "seed" and "head" to bring about the Victory of Christ on the Cross. Only Christ brings us Salvation, and to God be the Glory alone, but though fallen, by way of confession, Eve alone proved faithful to the same operating spirit, that of God.
Brother Watson,

I hope you also have intent to post from this point on according to the topic of the post. Your conversation with Brother James is edifying but it is not the point of the post.
Anthony,

I want to stick with Romans 8:3 and my question I posed to you. Can you answer the question?
Brother Pierce,

You do understand, as just stated in the post above, that I have asked Brother Watson to abstain from doing so on this page? Giving this the benefit of the doubt, I will respectfully ask you in this post to do the same. Thank you.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service