IS IT GOOD FOR UNMARRIED PERSON TO BE ELECTED AS A BISHOP? ,SHOULD A WOMAN BE CALLED AN APOSTLE OR A BISHOP?

Fellow Brothers, Sisters, Pastors and Lawyers, I would like us to delibrate on this Topic, either in support or Against with Bible refrences, should a woman , married or unmarried be addressed as an Apostle or a Bishop?

Secondly, should a woman head a church where there are other qualified pastors or ministers in the same church?

Views: 257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A woman in leadership and a homosexual, murderer, or thief are not to be compared in the same way with the same judgment. Is this how men of GOD regard their women? A woman eager to serve GOD as a Shepherd is like a homosexual?!?!?! A woman speaking the truth of GOD's Word is like a donkey talking?!?! Men of GOD, this is a SHAME! There ARE some things that are cultural and somethings that are outright abominations ALL AROUND. There has to be an understanding of "culture" and "sin".
When a woman in a position of "authority" is to be compared to a homosexual, that is disrespectful. I have also heard and seen men come on here and even say from pulpits "so what if you think you can preach; an ass gave a man the Word too, does that mean its alright?" To compare the Word of GOD being delivered from a women to that of an ass speaking can ALSO be seen as disrespectful. A Godly or GOD-given command from a leader is not a command from him/her, but both Word and speaker/leader are to be considered a gift from GOD Himself. How many gifts from GOD have we rejected because it wasn't "wrapped in the package we prefer to receive it in"?

And as for the difference between Yahshua and Abraham is no small amount of years.
On what was said, I can agree. As far as the women using that term still doesn't make it right though. We are no longer our own, but the LORD's.
When a woman in a position of "authority" is to be compared to a homosexual, that is disrespectful.

But it wouldn't be disrespectful for a leader to get up in a pulpit and call a homosexual all types of nasty and demeaning names, right?
God didn't give a Word to a donkey. He allowed the donkey to say, "What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?" After Balaam answered the donkey the donkey then replied, "[Am] not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since [I was] thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee?" and women actually are starting ministries off of that?
How can a woman base her ministry on something a donkey was permitted to say?
How foolish does that sound?
I guess because I heard the "voice of God" speaking to me in my rice krispies this morning I guess that tells me I am called by God to preach???
Church folk seem very senile and unstable at times with what they say how they think at times.
MarQuiese, you mean to tell me Rice Crispies told you to preach? Sounds good to me, guess through all the snap, crackle and pop going on was Rice Crispies way of speaking in tongues... LOL I hear ya' bruh..........We will use anything to justify anything today to facilitate our own agenda. We are in serious trouble and about to be turned over to a reprobate mind if we continue to make God our own personal idol that we can control and dictate. We must get from being man/woman centered to God centered.
The church has too many celebrities, stars and rulers and not enough servants!!!
So are you saying that it is okay for a woman to be a pastor because at that time in that culture it was not allowed but we must look at the Word as just a guide but we must follow the "culture" of what is going on today?
If you do a deeper research on homosexuality in those days you will see that the ONLY time homosexuality was condemned was in regards to when homosexuals were worshipping their idols in temple worship.
In all the references of homosexuality does it say anything about homosexuals who are in loving, committed and married relationships?
See, when you claim to use "culture" as the backdrop you open a flood gate.
You can't use the Word to excuse one thing but deny something else- that makes you and Word of God look inconsistent.
The Word of God says that MAN is the head and WO-MAN is the help-meet- nowhere in any scripture that I have read says that because of "culture" this can change.
If it does, please show me scripture.
I have an understanding of culture AND sin- however it amazes me how the church uses these interchangeably for their own personal gain.
1) You again are using homosexuality in this matter of leadership. THEY DO NOT FIT TOGETHER. Tell me something Marquiese, is a women in leadership in your eyes the equivalent of a homosexual?

2) Do a Hebrew-to-English study and understand that the term "help-meet" literally does not exist. It should be understood that she (Eve) was a "meet help" meaning "a suitable and equally effective partner". GOD gave them both dominion over the Earth. Re-read the blessing of Adam & Eve and re-read Genesis chapter 5. When you mentioned man being the head, you spoke of 1st Corinthians 11. Did you even pay attention to the fact that the chapter spoke of marriage and not church/governmental authority?

3)We understand that the OT has typologies all around because the OT was a foreshadow of things to come. Therefore, we understand that the Pastor position is a "shepherd of GOD's sheep" not only because of the name, but because we seen OT shepherds at work. QUESTION: Have you ever seen any examples of female shepherds in the O.T.?

4) I also want to understand something? Deborah's position was judge over Israel according to the scriptures, correct? Where did her husband rate in the governmental or prophetic ranks then?
So Bro. Trevor are you saying that God has two seperate roles for who is to be head in the household and for the headship of congregations?
You ask me this question, and yet refuse to answer the questions I placed before all to answer.......Let all be real, read the scriptures without discrimination or male prejudice and simply READ the scriptures. After asking the HOLY SPIRIT to honestly guide you, answer the questions I asked. Once you have HONESTLY done such, then I will answer any question placed before me.
I apologize. But I do see where you directed the questions you had to a specific person I was asking for my own personal knowledge not to get into a you answer my question first type deal.
Its ok, neither did I. To answer your question clearly, a "Methodist believer" (not the denomination per say) believes that GOD has a certain method to doing things that never changes, claiming the verse "I am YHWH, I change not" as a foundational verse. We ALL know that this is incorrect, for "behold, I do a new thing, now it shall spring forth" was spoken by the same GOD of all creation. The GOD that chose men to be head of households elected Miriam to leadership right behind Moses and Aaron, elected Prophetess Deborah to judge over the entire nation as Moses once did before her (Judges 4:4), chose Esther to be the savior of the nation and NOT her uncle Mordeci or the king or another man, chose to use a woman to minister to a town and bring them to Him (John 4), and chose to show Himself risen to Mary BEFORE He showed up to the Apostles and had her preach the first full Gospel message to them. GOD will use whoever HE will to get the job done, be it male or female.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service