I say no! All sin seperates us from a loving God. It was out of His love for us that he died on a cross and crucified all sin paying it's debt. Homosexuals are not hated by God and they are not hated by me. The sin they are in is no different than the sin that I struggle with day to day. Be careful about hate, it will eat you from the inside out. Love people, all people the way Christ loves you and me.

Sin is always death. The sin of homosexuals comes with horrible consequences. So does the sin of drunkeness and idolitry and so the list goes on and on. Jesus is the solution and the salvation for all men and for all sin. Thius may not be popular, but standing for Christ and resting in His word has never been the most popular thing to do. Love your neigbor is not a choice. Hate the sin love the sinner is what I have been told.

Views: 839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hate the sin, love the sinner, was a statement that was originated by Muhatma Ghandi, a Hindu Activist. The bible does not actually teach that.

No matter what the sin is, when one practices sin, that person will suffer eternal death. In that case, it does not matter who committed the greater sin, because if they practiced sin, they will suffer eternal destruction. Only those who keep the Lords commandments, and walk in the ways of the spirit are the ones that will see salvation, and eternal life.

be bless,
James
What man can keep all the commandments? I think I know what you mean, but the Bible teaching us in Romans 3:23 that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. No man is righteous and no amount of good behavior can erase our sin. The sin debt must be paid. Jesus, the only sinless one died in our place and for our sins and whom ever believes on Him shall have eternal life. Being good is good, but not good enough. Is there anyone that can say they live a perfect life. Are we not all quilty of breaking the commandments? We are saved by grace through faith and that is not of ourself, not by work lest a man might boast, but by the grace of God through faith.
Israel, Jesus, the apostles, and the early apostolic church kept/practiced the commandments. Jesus was the only one that kept/practiced the commandments "perfectly. But, Israel, the Apostles, and the early Apostolic church kept/practiced the commandments of God.

1 John 2:3 - And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 5:3 - For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

To keep his commandments is to PRACTICE his commandments. All of us who love God will practice/keep his commandments
the perfect keeping is the one I was talking about. How many comandments does a man have to break to be considered condemed. Once a man is dead in his sin, what can he do to be born again, The commandments are esstial and worthy of keeping in the apostalic sence, but face it without Chirst we are in a lot of trouble
The bible states that when you break one, you break all. But, one cannot use that as an excuse to not practice the law. If a man is dead in his sin, then he has to repent of them. Whether in the apostolic era, or in the 21th century era, God's law is forever brother, and those who are grafted into the olive tree must keep it. I agree, without Christ, one is in trouble, but one cannot follow Christ if he does not keep/practice the commandments. Even Christ said," if you love me, keep my commandments"
i agree that you must keep the commandments and I would never excuse sin due to my failure, but I do grant grace and love to the sinner without joining him/her in their sin. I pray that God will give me the grace and the strenght to be faithful. when I fail I repent and lean on His forgivness by grace and by His strenght I joy in the Lord.
I Thank God for allowing me to read about keeping God'scommandments. Thank you brother, for your spiritual insight. I really needed that. I really want the love of Christ to dwell in me, so that I can please God in everything, through Love. I just received an e-mail from a friend about the rich man, and how Jesus loved him, but he also loved him enough to tell him the truth in love. I thank God for reading this; because I really want to Love enough to please God. I do believe that everything is a process. Only thing I can say is thank you God. I will continue to serve God with my heart, soul, and mind, and watch God prefect those things which concern me.
If perfect obedience was possible Christ death and resurrection is foolishness, The early church dealth with a group of jewish christians who taught that law and grace were on the same level. Paul had constant conflicts with this group and addressed there ignorance in his letter to the church in Galatia.15"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.
The point is not if I love the Law ( I do), nor is it that I do not desire obdeience, both out of common sence (wisdom) and love for what Christ has done for me. A good son follows the instruction of his father because it is his desire to please his father. One can talk about santification the walk we knwo after coming to a saving faith, and glorification our ultimate reward and release form this sinful world, when we shall be like Him. A man that says he has no sin is a liar (Apostle Paul) and the truth is not in Him. Now, if Christ is not your salvation, I can understand why you must lean on your commandment keeping to seek favor from a righteous God. But when you stand before God, I pray you have trusted Christ's work of redemption for you, because if you are relying on your perfection, or guiltlessness based on your own righteousness you will be disappointed and without hope.
I love Israel, I love Jewish people, I pray for their salvation. I pray that they see the love of their Saviour, but if we do not trust Christ we remain in our sin. If we know Christ we should seek obedience in the power of the holy spirit and seek to live righteous lives.
If we agree that salvation is by grace through faith alone, then we have no disagreement, but if we disagree on this position, than we can not agree on any doctrine. For without Christ we are lost and blind to the things of God. No one is against the Torah, for the law of God is just and those that seek to live by it will prosper. Grace does not change scripture, it changes men's hearts. Once I was in rebellion against God and His law. Now I seek to please God and follow His will for my life. I do not have a righteousness that is from the Law, which is not possible, but a righteousness that is given as a gift from God in the FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST. It is amazing that men still seek to find salvation in human effort and to somehow think that they canplease God with obedience to a Law no man has ever been able to keep. Yes we seek righteousness, Yes I strive to please God, but not unto salvation, but as a son that owes everything to A God who loved me so much that He gave His one and only Son to die in my place, because there is no other way to be righteous in the face of God, but through the person of Christ. The book of Hebrews and the book of Jeremiah explain this New Work of God in the hearts of man. If we agree on the work of salvation, we can fellowship in the delight of the Law, but if we do not agree in Salvation by grace through faith oini Christ, then there is no common doctrine to discuss. I pray that you know my heart is open to you discussion, but my devotion is unto the Lord.
I don't agree with some of the things that you have said. If perfect obedience was obtainable by us (mere humans) then Christ would not have had to come and save us from ourselves. We could not fulfill the law so He had to come to fulfill it but not replace it. We are to strive to be Christ Like. There is no one perfect but the father that is what the bible says.
I do agree with you, however, my question is: When the Lord Jesus says:"Be ye perfect as thy Father in heaven is perfect", didn't he have in mind that it was possible for us to be perfect while here on earth before he comes again? Can't we be perfect as to the things of the Spirit?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service