I say no! All sin seperates us from a loving God. It was out of His love for us that he died on a cross and crucified all sin paying it's debt. Homosexuals are not hated by God and they are not hated by me. The sin they are in is no different than the sin that I struggle with day to day. Be careful about hate, it will eat you from the inside out. Love people, all people the way Christ loves you and me.

Sin is always death. The sin of homosexuals comes with horrible consequences. So does the sin of drunkeness and idolitry and so the list goes on and on. Jesus is the solution and the salvation for all men and for all sin. Thius may not be popular, but standing for Christ and resting in His word has never been the most popular thing to do. Love your neigbor is not a choice. Hate the sin love the sinner is what I have been told.

Views: 839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting - i have been called a lot of things but never pluralistic or a devil - though my wife has at some point said I act like the devil LoL - I agree that seperation of theology is vital in the discussion of faith issues - I also agree that Jesus was not white or black but middle eastern at best in as far as color goes - but what is color - should it continue to seperate itellegient men and women? I hope not. Sometimes God calls us to be light in darkness and at others to be seperate - I have seen that they are not always exclusive. I can shine brighter in the darkness than i can in the light. You seem to based your theology on scripture, which is good, but your scripture is limited to the Torah - not so good in my opinon. No dogmatic person here, but I do trust in only one person and one way and one God for salvation - you should have picked up on that by now. I do not base my belief on feelings, denominations, historical wrongs or political (liberation theology) foundations. I trust the scriptures - They make the most sense to me. They are simple to understand and connect the dots of salvations history and the plan of God for His creation. From the begining man's problem has been seperation from Holy God and God's plan has been to bring resolution and redemption to those who trust forgiveness through His perfect sacrifice - Jesus. All much we may disagree, but on one thing we do not - Man is desperatly wicked and in need of redemption ! One of us is wrong in the way to obtain this remptive state and one is right - I guess we will just have to wait and see.

peace and blessings - If you are every in Biloxi look me up - if you don;t mind having a cup of coffee or tea with a Christian.
Sounds interesting! So what hope do I have? what must I do to be born again? According to your belief or is that necessary? You are correct paganism abounds many faiths. One question - how do you justify sharia law with "they respect their women"
Can we all just get along!
Its all good no hate here - just frindly conversation with the occassional outburst of disagreement - LOL
Yes the Gulf Coast Biloxi jmhosey@msidtf.org
so if the truth is what we are looking for then who holds the edge on truth and how is the truth of scripture determined if it is not all truth as it claims to be? When we pick and choose the truth to support our view we must either agree withthe whole counsel of God or deny any of it as being truth unless we claim to have special knowledege as to what part is true and what part is not. What document reveal the "true history of Israel" How many tribes does the scripture teach that Israel is made up of? How many tribles went into the promise land or came out of the wilderness. Were some left behind or did they seperate from the 12 that God gave His inheritance to/ I am all for the truth, but I do not think that anyone holds any truth outside of the Word of God. It is on His word that I rest and on which I stand I can stand on no other. Every cult claims new truth or revelation outside of the Word. If it is up for debate as to what the truth is and is not one would have to settle for a number of different religions. The Bible that I stand on is the Bible that Jesus and his disciples, the apostles and the early church all claim as their authority. The Bible says that in the last days men will seek to add to or take away from the scriptures to please themselves. These are legitimate questions.
I will watch them with an open mind - and get back with you - an by the way I never said I thought you were part of a cult -only that cults arise out of the denial of scripture as recongized as canonical by the early Church at Nicea. The were dealing with the cult of Gnosticism and liderially changed the scriptures added to them and took away from them to fit there system of belief - That is why John wrote what he did in the first chapter of the Revelation. I will also check out your web site - don't be defensive

Peace

John
john said in an ealier post "Every cult claims new truth or revelation outside of the Word." This was a general statement that happens to be true of any cult. But as you can see I did not say that you belonged to a cult - No problem
All sins are affront to God. In the Roman Catholic church they break up the process of sins - they are menial and venial sins - big sins and small sins.
The reason people look at sin like one is bigger than one, is because of the consequents that comes with the sin. But all sins are the same size.
Except for one. The Bible said if you blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, this sin will Not be forgiven!
and the only reason that sin is unforgiven is the fact that they deny the conviction of their sin and the free offer of God in Christ - I agree deny the Spirit, deny the Father and His Son.
If one can receive a greater condemnation, then yes there is.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service