I say no! All sin seperates us from a loving God. It was out of His love for us that he died on a cross and crucified all sin paying it's debt. Homosexuals are not hated by God and they are not hated by me. The sin they are in is no different than the sin that I struggle with day to day. Be careful about hate, it will eat you from the inside out. Love people, all people the way Christ loves you and me.

Sin is always death. The sin of homosexuals comes with horrible consequences. So does the sin of drunkeness and idolitry and so the list goes on and on. Jesus is the solution and the salvation for all men and for all sin. Thius may not be popular, but standing for Christ and resting in His word has never been the most popular thing to do. Love your neigbor is not a choice. Hate the sin love the sinner is what I have been told.

Views: 839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's why it is so important to preach doctrinal truths to our congregations. Hosea said "my people perish for lack of knowledge.' Paul advised Timothy that if he wanted to be a good preacher of Jesus Christ there are occaisions when you have to jack the people up and lay a foundation. He also said that there is only one foundation that can be laid and that foundation is Jesus Christ. However, we need to be careful how we build on that foundation. We are dealing with the souls of just men being made perfect. We have a charge to keep, but in these last days people will have itching ears and want to hear things that will tickle their fancy, but the truth is eternal and it will last. Regardless of what people want to hear we are responsible to tell them the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. What we feel or think is not important or relavent, but the truth always is.
Jesus said, i am the way the truth and the life John 14:10 Amen brother, but many want to believe that they somehow can redeem themselves. Preaching the truth does not garantee an audience, but it does garantee God's blessing.
Sin, as expressed in the bible, is all inclusive by itself. Man,over the years, have taken the word out of context. This is due to the explanations and types of sins that are given to us in the Word of God. These were not given to us so that we could catergorize or declar which sin was worst, but to help us realize and understand that we were all guilty and we need a savior.

Sin, brings us into bondage and people all through the ages have used this same scenario to bring men and women into bondage themselves, through guilt. This is where this comes from concerning one sin being worse than another.

People have always tried to gain the advantage over one another and the easiest way has always been control by guilt.

The answer is therfore, no, one sin is not worse than another. But it is even deeper when we look at why this question has ever came into play; it was for the sole purpose of our enemy to cause as many as possible to miss the real meaning of mans condition and our need for a savior, outside of himself.
We would live by the merrit system as in the case of the rich young ruler.

God Bless you all.
I would agree all sin no matter what it is (lying cheating on your spouse, murder etc...) The Bible teaches in a very simple way that the wages of sin is death Romans 3:23. Paul did not say some sins are and some sin are not he said SIN. The idea of sin being tameable or manageable by cartorigizing it into bad sin or not so bad sin is not bibilical. We all fall short of the glory of God in our sins, but by grace through faith in the finnished work of Christ, there is now no more condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1). Condemnation and guilt are there to reveal our condition, the blood of Jesus is there to change our condition. Those who are in Christ can fall victim to sin's consequences and do suffer as the result of personal sin and sin in the world, but if any man be in Christ he is a NEW creation, behold old things have passed away and all things have become new.The idea of guild is the enemies attack on the believer, but Christ would not have you think this way, He said if you be in Christ you are a new creation, yes free indeed. The answer to the question, is there one sin that is worst than another? is clear there is only one sin that is worst, rejecting Christ free gift of salvation leaves yuo in your sin and without hope.
We can't defeat sin, we can only confess it. This is not to say that sin is manageable. I simply stated what the Bible says. Cross reference all that I said it's all Bible. Sin does in fact seperate you from God, God in fact has made only one way of escape, but it is what it is, that's the unrefutable truth of God's inerrant Word.
ALL SIN IS A ABOMINATION IN THE THE SIGHT OF GOD.........................I BELIEVE THAT IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN SAID THAT ALL SIN IS SIN AND THAT THERE IS NO SIN GREATER THAN ANOTHER, BUT I BELIEVE THAT THERE IS...............I BELIEVE THAT SEXUAL SIN IS THE GREATEST SIN...........WHY?? BECAUSE SEXUAL SIN IS WHAT DESTOYED THE WORLD IN THE BEGINNING AND IT WILL BE THE CAUSE OF IT BEING DESTROYED AGAIN.
THERE IS OTHER THINGS THAT WE COULD SAY , BUT IT ALWAYS SEEM TO GO BACK TO SEX.......DISOBEDIENCE IS RIGHT THERE WITH SEX......................CAUSE WE ARE A DISOBEDIENT PEOPLE........AND IF ANY MAN OR WOMAN SAYS THAT THEY DO EVERYTHING THAT GOD TELLS THEM ............THEN YOU NEED TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS............SOMETHINGS GOD ASKS US IS THINGS THAT SEEMS HARD SOMETIMES..........EVEN IN SOME OF THE MINISTRIES ARE SEXUAL SINS BEING COMMITTED............OOPS AM I ALOUD TO SAY THAT??? MUCH LOVE
So you beleive that Sexual sin is greater than most other sins. Can you please give me scripture to back this up. From the bible that is. So many people with so many different ideas about what the bible MIGHT say. But what does it really say??? There is only one sin that will not be forgiven. ONE! all others can be forgiven. And It was not the sexual sin. See Jesus tried to tell us in the new testament where all sin begins. It starts with our thoughts, thoughts then turn into action. Remember when he was saying that if you even think about it...???
The Word is key, you are correct, but we must consider to whole council of God. James does a great job of laying out the argument for genuine faith. It is a faith in action. Men can say they are righteous, but what does their lifestyle say about them. You may say that you keep all the Commandments, but I ask you are you 100% everyday from your birth until now? When you fail or slip up or whatever you might call it, to whom do you turn. The temple is gone, the Fianl sacrifice has been made. I think you know this, you seem very knowledgable. We are not saved by what we do or do not do, but through the work of a sinless sacrifice, the only perfect commandment keeper, Jesus Christ Yeshua Messiah
17"If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker. 19For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"[Gal 2:17-21)
1You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? 3Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? 4Have you suffered so much for nothing—if it really was for nothing? 5Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?
6Consider Abraham: "He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."[a] 7Understand, then, that those who believe are children of Abraham. 8The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: "All nations will be blessed through you."[b] 9So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

10All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."[c] 11Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith."[d] 12The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them."[e] 13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."[f] 14He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

The Law and the Promise
15Brothers, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case. 16The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed,"[g] meaning one person, who is Christ. 17What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. 18For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on a promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.
19What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator. 20A mediator, however, does not represent just one party; but God is one.

21Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. 22But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.

23Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. 24So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ[h] that we might be justified by faith. 25Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.
obedience unto faith - he believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness, the greatest act of obedience is complete trust. You say you have faith, show me your faith and I will show you my work 18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,"[e] and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

(James)
And so we finally get to the point,,,Faith without works is dead, and works without faith is dead, A true work of God is done in the power of God by Faith, David's victory of his enemies was by faith, David's life of obedience was excercised in a relationship of trust in a God who delivers, a might fortress who is our delivery and our high place. It is a trust in the person and wwork of Christ that makes our obedience possible. Meditate, excersize you will, cut out your tongue, pluck out you eyes, live in isolation away from the world's temtations, You still must have faith to know the God of Heaven, the one who created you and will one day judge the living and the dead. You can stand on the Law, I will stand in Christ, my righteousness, my sheild, my defender my saviour my friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service