KING JAMES VERSION ~~ An authority?~~~~ or ~~~ A Hindrance to Christianity ?

Who has made the King James Version of the Bible, " The Authoritative Version?

What View of the Torah does it foster?

Should we rely more upon a Hebraic Version of the Torah?

Why is everyone so attached to the King James Version, in the West?

Brenice FireAngel

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

True, they did keep it in Hebrew, but like the Roman Catholic Church priests reading scripture strictly in Latin, the Rabbis were mainly the ones that read from the sacred script and it was in Hebrew. Just because the scriptures were read in Hebrew does not mean the entire community spoke Hebrew. Its even like that today!
Please allow me to introduce a link which could be helpful??

"> Brenice
ok then...introduce!

As to the original question: we are the Western portion of Christianity, and therefore have our own Canon. Thats doesn't make it exactly the correct and complete canon though. To focus on the Hebraic content alone is to miss GOD altogether, for HE is not just the GOD of Israel, but the GOD of all creation. Every living culture that ever existed acknowledged that GOD existed, but not all served HIM in spirit and in truth, and certainly not all had such a revelation like the nation of Israel.
Trevor,

You cannot take Hebrew literature out of its own culture and context. Do you expect to take Odessey out of its Greek understanding and expect to get the same understanding in American culture apart from its Greek culture and context? I think not! If you want to understand Hebrew literature, then you must understand Hebrew culture and context. Its no way around it!
The Apostle Paul himself quoted this scripture:

Romans 9: 24-33

"Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth. And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha. What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; as it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

I am not taking away the Hebrew side of the blessing of salvation, I am saying that just because Paul, Peter and the like were Hebrew, does not mean that YWHW is EXCLUSIVELY a Hebrew GOD. HE spoke to and mentioned the other nations all throughout scripture, from O.T. to N.T. YWHWH was only called the GOD of the Jews by the nations that did not serve Him. Take note of characters like Pharaoh Necho, king of Egypt: 2nd Chronicles 35:20-22
Trevor,

I do not deny that at all. I never said anything about Ehyeh being a Hebrew God only. I am simply saying that you cannot take Hebrew literature out of its Hebrew culture and context and expect to understand it. You went to college, and I know you took English 101.

You know exactly what I am talking about. Don't expect for Paul to understand a book such as, umm.... True to the Game, or ahh..... one of John Grisham's books. These books are American, with American culture, and American understanding.

In order for Paul to understand these books, someone must teach him American culture. This is all im saying. The Bible is Hebrew literature, and therefore, to understand this kind of literature, you must understand its culture and context. Ehyeh is the God of all who are in Yeshua(both Hebrew & Gentile). Gentiles would learn of Ehyeh from the foundations of Torah & The Prophets. This is all im saying.
Brother James

I totally agree with you!

Most Westerners , especially "King James Only !" addicts, Just do not get it.

Most of the world did not speak Elizebethen English it is quite racist to compel CHristiandom to try.

We all know the reason for this ? It is because the real minority in the world , who has been in power for all of these years, have deemed usage of the King James Version of the Bible to be the "Authority for all of CHristianity"

The real problem lies in the fact that most ethnic groups should seek understanding of the Word of God in their own language through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, who created all languages. The Holy Spirit will never lead one in the wrong direction, but "man" can.

God , Elohim, Yahweh, spoke to the Jews for His own reasons. We should not, and cannot refute this.

He is the Lord of all, but He chose the Jews to be the Authority for His voice on this earth, through Yahshua,His Son, who is the Word of God.

The work of the European influences in 'The Way' has always been to demenish the Jewishness of the Gospel and to Europeanize the Gospel. To make the Jews the enemy of Christianity instead of the pioneers of Christianity.

It all goes back to the Helenistic Jews against ,the likes of, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
If the philosophy of the Educators/Scholars, who teach in Seminaries, are of European diction and philosophy, hence, the students will be of that mindset.

I pray that all will come to the understanding: " If you understand the 'TRUE' Jewish Roots of Christianity, ACCORDING to the Apostles, not the Greek Orthodox, or Roman Catholic Churches, but Truely Apostolic from the first Century back. There will be a greater unity in the Kingdom of God.

Brenice
You spoke with a lot of truth, but not 100% accuracy here. For starters:

We all know the reason for this ? It is because the real minority in the world , who has been in power for all of these years, have deemed usage of the King James Version of the Bible to be the "Authority for all of Christianity"

The KJV is authoritative in ONLY Western Christianity (Protestants). Does the Ethiopic Church deem their canon authoritative? Do the Roman Catholics? Do the Greek Orthodox? Do the Messianic Jews?
True the Bible is Hebrew lit when you consider it strictly from the paradigm of hermeneutics. However, thats the problem: people ONLY look from that angle. Take it back to the paradigm of GOD's MIND instead of Hebraic culture, and you'll see some things. This is where hermeneutics ends and the Holy Spirit has all jurisdiction
Trevor,

Yehwah operates within the culture and context of his people, man. His mind cannot be fathomed, and so He operates in ways that we'll understand Him. One of the ways He did this is by sending his expression to earth in the flesh! Trevor, its no way to get around it. If you want to understand Elohim's word, then its best to study Hebrew culture, language, and context. The Holy Spirit teaches us, yes, but its all within the understand of Hebraic culture. I will not respond to this anymore. Trevor, its up to you to humble yourself and begin to commit yourself to the study of Christianitie's TRUE roots... MESSIANIC JUDAISM!
Bro. James:

I have studied Messianic Judaism sir. When I was first saved, it was not just a Pastor that I had the privilege of studying with, but Rabbis as well. It was he that actually taught me that GOD deals with us all on our own level and cultural understanding.

-Was it not Pharaoh Necho that served YHWH and defeated king Josiah?
-Wasn't it the king of Babylon that was called GOD's servant in the book of Jeremiah?
-How about Abimelech king of Gerar that regarded the LORD during the days of Abram?

Did these kings have to regard the GOD of all creation, and all men from only the Hebraic view or did YWHW deal with them as HE seen fit to reveal Himself to them? I'm not trying to dance around the Hebraic roots of the Apostles. I'm showing you that it was the Apostles that were Hebraic, NOT GOD.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service