This is where the rubber meets the road. We truly preach Messiah, but do we know where Moses wrote about Him? Jews really attack us here, and many do not have an answer. Understanding where Moses wrote about Messiah is the foundation of understanding Messiah. Many give Christian interpretations to the so called "Messianic prophecies" of the Old Testament, but is there a Hebrew interpretation towards them. So, the challenging question for us all is.

IF MOSES WROTE ABOUT YESHUA... WHERE!?

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Trevor,

How do you know that Deut 18 is Messianic, and its not talking about Joshua?
You asked me this question once before. Apparently you didn't read the scriptures I placed up there from the Book of Acts. If you are asking me this, then are you also asking Apostle Peter this as well, because I am quoting him?
Trevor,

Am I asking Peter? How can I? hahah.. I am asking you. Just because Stephen quoted that does not really make that valid... I am asking YOU on why YOU believe that Deut 18 refers to Messiah?? Do not get offended, for I am only asking questions. btw, I never asked you this before.
- Yes, you did ask me this before. This wasn't the first time you brought up this subject, and this wasn't the first time I answered questions of this nature from you.

- Now, technically speaking, if you're asking me, and I quote Peter, then you're now questioning Peter as well. Though I believe it wholeheartedly, Peter said it way before I even lived.

- The scripture on a short term basis does refer to Joshua. Joshua was the Prophet directly after Moses. However, as a Prophet, his purpose would be to point towards the Messiah (even if he didn't know he was doing so). JESUS is the Prophet that not only was like Moses, but surpassed him in every way.
Deut 18:15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him. 16 For this is what you asked of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, "Let us not hear the voice of the LORD our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die."

NOTE UNDERLINE
Mathew 17: 5While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!"

Hebrews 2:3
3how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.
The phrase hear him is not a suggestion its a command... it means salvation the verse in Deut is pointing to and speaking of Christ Jesus...
GB
Amen....
JESUS IS THE GREAT "I AM"
Ex. 3:14; Jo. 8:56-59; Jo. 8:24; Deut. 32:39; Jo, 18:5-8.
Exodus 3:13-15 (King James Version)

13And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

15And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

John 8:24-27 (King James Version)

24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

There are those that say Jesus was not the Father because what did these people see? They saw Jesus in the flesh.
When we refer to the Father we know Him as the Spirit right? John 4:24 Well those that deny the Father robed Himself in the flesh by himself not referring he needed any help from a trinity or another person. God Was manifested in the flesh and those that deny this are of the spirit of the Antichrist!

Here are some scriptures for my point on this.
Then please take a moment and watch this video. The Lord Bless you today!

2 Corinthians 5:19 (King James Version)

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1 Timothy 3:16 (King James Version)

16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 John 4:1-3 (King James Version)

1 John 4

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

This video is in response to a message in prayer to show the glory of who He is. If you find one who is like the Father in every way, then you have found Him. Praise Him, for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is risen and glorified!

Leave it to a Oneness to bring up the "JESUS is the FATHER" doctrine....

AGAIN, there is no place where JESUS declared Himself to be the FATHER. How can He call Himself the FATHEr if He prayed to the FATHER??? I agree that Moses spoke of Him within the Torah, but you cannot claim that the Son of GOD is His own FATHER!! Its heresy and completely off!
Jesus' prayers open our understanding to the majesty of the Incarnation, for through them we grasp the divine-human
relationship between God and His Son. Trinitarians often refer
to statements Jesus made about His father, including those in
His prayers, in an effort to prove that two persons were involved
- who they identify as God the Son and God the Father. Since they
reason that only persons and not natures communicate with each
other, they regard the prayers as clear evidence that Jesus
is a separate person from "the Father". Moreover,
they cite Jesus' remarks about the Father as scriptural support
for the Trinitarian theory. However, the prayers and remarks by
Jesus destroy any concept of God as being a trinity of co-equal,
and co-existent persons.

The Bible clearly distinguishes God the Father from His Son. The Son was born in Bethlehem, but the eternal God does
not know a beginning. The Son grew into maturity - physically,
mentally, socially, and spiritually. He became tired, hungry,
weary, sleepy - just as other men. Although He did not commit
sin, He was tempted in all points as other men are tempted. He
suffered from the trials in Jerusalem and died on the cross-just
as the two thieves also died. God does not grow, nor can He die.
These facts alone clearly distinguish the Son from the Father.

The Bible tells us that the man Christ Jesus is the mediator between God and men (I Timothy 2:5). God is one, but
a mediator serves more than one - He stood between God and mankind,
effecting reconciliation. Only as a man could Jesus be our sacrifice,
mediator, advocate, and high priest, acting on our behalf for
our justification.

Jesus offered Himself as a spotless lamb to God. Having lived as a human being, He offered the blood from His own
body as the basis for the forgiveness of our sins. God did not
die on the cross, nor did a divine eternal person offer blood
from a divine eternal body. As the Son of God Jesus offered His
own human body and His own earthly blood to God. The distinction
between God and His Son can also be seen in the events after the
crucifixion. God raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 10:9, Ephesians
1:20), gave Him all power in heaven and earth (Matthew 28:18),
made Him Lord and Christ (Acts 2:36), and exalted His name to
be above every name in heaven, on earth, and beneath the earth
(Philippians 2:9). If the Son had been a co-equal person in the
Godhead, this exaltation would not have been possible, for He
would have had these positions and attributes from eternity. It
is evident, therefore, that the Son of God was not a second divine
person in the Godhead.

Biblical facts reveal that Jesus lived as an authentic human being, that He did not merely assume the appearance of flesh
(1). Therefore we should not be surprised that He prayed to God,
seeking strength, guidance, and assurance. Moreover, we should
not be surprised that Jesus had a will distinct from God (2),
that He was truly human in spirit and soul, that He possessed
a self-awareness of His humanity. We are not to suppose, however,
that the human Jesus was not different from other people, for
only He was begotten by the Holy Ghost. God was His immediate
Father. He is rightfully called the "only begotten of the
Father". His miraculous birth meant that His humanity was
not tainted with the inherited sinful nature of the Fall, and
through Him God could reveal Himself to us in redemptive love.

Jesus' prayers to God the Father came from His human life, from the Incarnation. His prayers were not those of one
divine person to another divine person of God, but those of an
authentic human praying to the one true God. Prayer is based on
an inferior being in supplication before a superior being. If
the one praying is equal in power and authority to the one to
whom he is praying, there is no genuine prayer (3). A conversation
can be held between two equals, but an omnipotent person does
not need to pray for help from an equal. Even intercessory prayers
are meaningless unless the one praying is inferior to the one
to whom he prays (4). If he were of equal power, knowledge, and
wisdom, he could take care of the needs of those for whom he prays
without asking help of another. If Jesus prayed as "God the
Son", then God the Son is inferior to God the Father. But
such inferiority destroys the Trinitarian theory (5) In submitting
His will to the Father, Jesus confessed that His will was inferior:
"Nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done" (Luke
22:42). He also stated the he did not seek to do His own will,
but the will of the Father (John 5:30). If the Son had been an
eternal divine person sharing equal power and knowledge, and wisdom
with two other persons in the trinity, His will could not have
been inferior to theirs.

Jesus also stated that the Father was greater than He was: "My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28).
It is absurd to say that this statement was made by a co-equal,
eternal person in a trinity. Jesus was not speaking as God, but
as the Son of God. Moreover, Jesus said, "the Son can
do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what
things soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise"
(John 5:19). He credits the Father as the source of His works,
as having the power to give life, and the authority to execute
judgment (John 5:19-30). If the Son were an equal person in a
trinity, He would have these attributes innately within himself;
He could not derive them from a superior Father6.

But we should not suppose that His humanity detracted from His deity. Jesus
was not the incarnation of one person of a trinity, but he was
the incarnation of the fullness of God - everything that God is
was in Him. Thus the Bible says the "God was manifest in
the flesh" (I Tim 3:16) and that "in Him [Jesus] dwelleth
all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9).
As God incarnate, He identified Himself with the Father: "I
and my Father are one" (John 10:30; 31-33);

"If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen
him ... he that has seen me hath seen the Father" (John
14:7-9). As God with us, Jesus revealed His deity, identifying
Himself as the God of Abraham and the One who revealed Himself
to Moses as the I AM (John 8:24, 58).

Jesus was both God and man. Although this union is sometimes referred to as God-man, this
term may be misleading, for it may lead some people to think of
Him as a demigod. On the other hand, it is equally incorrect to
refer to Him as a anointed man. Although quantitatively God cannot
be confined to a body, qualitatively he could reside in a body.
Neither was Jesus a part-human, but he was man in the full sense.
He was fully God and fully man. He possessed both the nature of
God and the nature of man. He was aware that He was He was God
and that He was man. He could and did speak and act as a man,
and he could and did speak and act as God. As a man, he did not
know the day or hour when the Son would come in power and glory
(Mark 13:22); as God he forgave sins. Both His humanity and deity,
although fused into His one being, remained distinct within His
one personality. Admittedly, the Incarnation is a mystery beyond
the comprehension of the human mind.

Did Jesus pray to Himself ? No, not when we understand that Jesus was both God and man.
In His deity Jesus did not pray, for God does not need to pray
to anyone. As a man, Jesus
prayed to God, not to his humanity (7).
He did not pray to Himself as humanity, but to the one true God,
to the same God who dwelled in His humanity and who also inhabits
the universe. No further explanation is given, and none is needed.
Does Jesus pray now since his exaltation ? The answer is no. He
prayed in the days of His flesh (Hebrews 5:7). The work of the
mediation was finished through His death on the cross at Calvary
(Hebrews 9:14-15). There is no more sacrifice for sins, for once
and for all time His blood was shed for the remission of sins
(Hebrews 10:12). Unlike the Old Testament priests, he does not
continually offer sacrifices for sins. There is no more offering,
but there remains remission of sins for those who repent and are
baptized in the name of Jesus Christ (Hebrews 10:18, Acts 2:38).
His present role as intercessor consists not only of daily prayers
but the application of the benefit of the cross to our lives (Romans
8:34; 1 John 1:7-9; 2:1-2).

Jesus said, "At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for
you: for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved
me, and believed that I came out from God. I came forth from the
Father, and am come into the world: again I leave the world and
go to the Father" (John 16:26-28). Jesus does not pray
now, but as God He hears and answers prayers prayed in His name.

(This article appeared in the July issue of the Pentecostal Herald. The footnotes did not appear in the original, and were
added by the editor)

1. That is, he was not a phantasm, as some Gnostics held. Jesus was quite real, from birth to death.

2. As a man, while in the flesh

3. In recent years, heretical teachers have often exploited a basic misconception of the nature of God and man in
proposing a form and attitude of prayer not demonstrated by scripture.
Examples include K. Copeland, F. Price, and others in the "Word
of Faith" movement, such as graduates of Hagin's Rhema Bible
school. In the imbalance resulting from improper understanding,
these people have suggested both the "commanding of God"
as "co-equal heirs with Jesus", and that Jesus was indeed,
no different that "born-again man". In the editor's
opinion, all such distortions clearly conclude in blasphemy.

4. In the quality of inferiority, the author does not include voluntary submission. A prayer to a saint, or angel
is therefor without Bible basis, except as a petition to one in
authority. We are not led to believe that ascended saints have
more authority that those who are flesh bound, on earth, thus
there is no support given for prayers to heavenly powers, other
than to God the Father, in the name of Jesus Christ.

5. Thus we agree that the scriptures do not teach subordinatism, such as do neo-Arians.

(6) Seeing numerous proofs that sonship is not in equality with fatherhood, the question must be asked, "In
what dimensions then is the Son equal to the Father, if distinct,
or does such equality only pertain to those aspects in which the
Father and Son are indistinct ?"

7. While some contend that this suggests that Jesus is schizophrenic, or split in personality, once again, it is important
to understand the difference between nature and person. We are
also reminded that Jesus, as man, set the pattern for all "followers
of Jesus" who would through the new birth become and abide
as sons, or children of God. His prayer illustrates the prayer
of all who are of a human nature. And NO GOD DID NOT STOP BEING GOD AT ANY TIME!
"The Bible clearly distinguishes God the Father from His Son. The Son was born in Bethlehem, but the eternal God does not know a beginning. The Son grew into maturity - physically,
mentally, socially, and spiritually. He became tired, hungry, weary, sleepy - just as other men. Although He did not commit sin, He was tempted in all points as other men are tempted. He
suffered from the trials in Jerusalem and died on the cross-just as the two thieves also died. God does not grow, nor can He die. These facts alone clearly distinguish the Son from the Father.
"

It is with THIS statement here you begin to make flaws in your understanding of who GOD is. For starters, the Son was born into this world in Bethlehem, but He was already co-existent, and co-equal with the FATHER. This is spoken of by Apostle Paul and the O.T. Prophets in numerous places.

Philippians 2:5-11
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

1st Corinthians 15:24-28 "Then cometh the end, when He (Christ) shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He (Christ) shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For He (Christ) must reign, till He (The FATHER) hath put all enemies under His (Christ) feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For He hath put all things under His feet. But when He saith all things are put under Him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him (Christ), then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him (The FATHER) that put all things under Him, that God may be all in all."

Paul stated that the FATHER exalted JESUS. Paul also stated clearly that when it is all over, that JESUS will submit to His FATHER. By your twisted Oneness doctrine, you say that JESUS will submit to Himself. This has nothing to do with duel natures. One does not exalt one's own nature. One does not submit to one's own nature. If JESUS is the FATHER, then the Gospel that Peter and Paul, and John and James, and the rest preach is twisted and false. John 3:16 should then be that GOD went and died Himself, not that GOD sent His Son to die. However JESUS spoke of being sent by another, therefore He is rightfully the obedient apostle of our Confession, for an Apostle is not self-sent.
I call myself mama sometimes and perhaps you have called your self daddy or father at one time. There is nothing new under the sun...Jesus came to be an example...He was showing the people how to worship and honor and glorify God....what better example did we ever have, but GOD himself showing us how to walk up right and worship our GOD. JESUS declared he was the I AM, the first and the last....and even God speaking to him said God oh God...that is scripture.

In Love, Sis. Denise

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service