There has arisen an issue concerning the details of the New Covenant that our LORD and Savior YESHUA/JESUS has won for us by HIS blood and grace. Therefore, we are opening this discussion and starting it off for the edifying of the saints and the settling of the matter:

The subjects for this debate are along two lines:

-Jeremiah 31:31 and Hebrews 8: Do we still stand on the Torah?
-the Seal of the New Covenant: Is it still Sabbaths, Feasts, and Circumcision, or do we have a New Seal?

Views: 537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brothers and Sister:

Let's not forget Paul's testimony confirming his observance of the Sabbath and Festivals in:

Acts 25:8

While he answered for himself, Neither against *the law of the Jews* neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar, have I offended any thing at all."

Trevor, do you see this statement from Paul's own mouth?

Can you accuse Paul of breaking and violating, desecrating, ignoring and speaking against the keeping of the Sabbath and Biblical festivals as you do?

So we have two texts in the book of Acts which is obviously considered to be in the "New Testament" that give us quotes from Paul's own mouth:

1) "I believe everything that agrees with the Torah and that is written in the Prophets."

2) "Neither against *the law of the Jews*.... have I offended any thing at all."

So why Trevor, is Paul in the NT, still supporting the "law of the Jews" and the "temple" which includes the Sabbath, Festivals, Dietary laws etc., if these observances were somehow done away, and no longer part of the New Covenant?

What you fail to realize is that they are part of the
EVERLASTING COVENANT.

Interestingly our Messiah also supported the "law of the Jews" and the Temple, and the Sabbath and Festivals, which are PART OF BOTH THE FIRST AND THE NEW COVENANT, as we have repeatedly, shown you throughout our discussion.

Sunday, Christmas, Easter, New Years day are NOT part of the New Covenant.

The were ADDED AFTER THE DEATH OF THE TESTATOR!

Just likd Jeroboam, in 1 Kings 12:

We are told throughout the Bible not to add or take away anything. That is the problem you face being am offspring of the European church. They felt that they had the right to add whatsoever they choose.

As with any "last will and testament" you cannot add anything AFTER the death of the testator, that was not included before the death.

So your Sunday cannot be part of the New Testament, since it was not added by the testator our Messiah before His death.

Can you agree with this basic principle of law?

Can you confess these same things as Paul did?

You see, a TRUE APOSTLE, would confess what Paul confessed....

(To paraphrase)
"I believe in the Torah the Prophets, and have not broken any law of the Jews or of the temple." Acts 24:14 & 25:8

We are waiting.....
Trevor:
Have you studied the sin of Jeroboam in 1 King 12:32 I have copied it below for you:

32 And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Bethel, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made.

33 So he offered upon the altar which he had made in Bethel the fifteenth day of the eighth month, even in the month which he had devised of his own heart; and ordained a feast unto the children of Israel: and he offered upon the altar, and burnt incense.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trevor:
Wasn't the sin of Jeroboam that he devised a feast in his own heart,
that was CONTRARY to what was written in the Law and the Prophets?

Are the days you are observing written in the Law and the Prophets in which Paul confessed to believe?
I didn't call him anything. I merely quoted him.
Trevor:
Are the days you are observing written in the Law and the Prophets in which Paul confessed to believe?
There is a word that you all have neglected: REVELATION.

It was revealed unto the Apostles that the old covenant was just that: OLD. You all accused me of multiple things, to which you have no proof. I didn't twist Paul's words, I quoted him. I didn't even give my own interpretation! I merely quoted him! That was not the T.G.V. of the Bible translation (Trevor Greene Version). I quoted the same scriptures that you all should be reading. I didn't add or take away. I merely quoted them. Half of te things that the Apostles taught weren't even recorded as to being taught to them. It is there that the Apostles reveal that which was hidden in the shadows. The OT was hidden to them until the coming of the HOLY SPIRIT. Yet you have forgotten this.....or just forsaken it.
Trevor,

Paul said this in Acts 25:8,"Paul argued in his defense, “Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I committed any offense." You are so quick to use Paul to defend your lawlessness, and yet it was Paul that said that HE DID NOT go against the Torah, neither the temple. He even loved his fellow man as himself and did nothing against Caesar. Trevor, Paul refutes your lawless teachings, and he'd rebuke them!

Answer this question...

Paul said in Acts 24:14,"However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Torah and that is written in the Prophets."

Paul clearly says he believes everything that agrees with the Torah, and Prophets. My question to you is.... Why would Paul only believe what agrees with the Torah & Prophets, and then turn around and disbelieve with what agrees with the Torah & Prophets????
Trevor,

1 John 2:4-6,"whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked." Yashah walked in the ways of Torah, right Trevor? Are you walking in the Torah just like Messiah Yashah?
Trevor:
You want REVELATION???
What does our Father say about "REVELATION":

Amos.3
[7] "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but He revealeth his secret unto His servants the prophets."

If you want revelation, and don't accept the teaching of our Messiah, then go to the PROPHETS.
The Prophets tell you "how you should be living". Paul confirms the teachings of the prophets.

As for the teaching you promote, our Heavenly Father says this HIMSELF of doctrines like yours:

Isa.8
[20] To the law ( *H8451* TORAH) and to the testimony:
*IF THEY SPEAK NOT ACCORDING TO THIS WORD* it is because there is *NO LIGHT* in them.

To the Prophet of YHWH, Isaiah, vs. 20 above was revealed. Paul stated he believed ALL that was written by the prophets.

Therefore if Isaiah and Paul were here facing you today, they would tell you that in your TORAH-less doctrine, there is "NO LIGHT"

YHWH has spoken, the Prophets have spoken, Our Messiah, has spoken, Paul has spoken.
What more revelation do we need?

Case closed....I leave you in your darkness....
Thanks for closing your case Anna. Good bye.......
Trevor,

Paul said this in Acts 25:8,"Paul argued in his defense, “Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I committed any offense." You are so quick to use Paul to defend your lawlessness, and yet it was Paul that said that HE DID NOT go against the Torah, neither the temple. He even loved his fellow man as himself and did nothing against Caesar. Trevor, Paul refutes your lawless teachings, and he'd rebuke them!

Answer these questions...

Paul said in Acts 24:14,"However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Torah and that is written in the Prophets."

Paul clearly says he believes everything that agrees with the Torah, and Prophets. My question to you is.... Why would Paul only believe what agrees with the Torah & Prophets, and then turn around and disbelieve with what agrees with the Torah & Prophets????

1 John 2:4-6,"whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked." Yashah walked in the ways of Torah, right Trevor? Are you walking like Messiah Yashah.... In Torah?
Tell me then, what did those scriptures that I posted mean? Are you going to just sign them off like your teammates? Are you going to give the same lame answer as your friends gave, that the epistles are "questionable"?
Trevor,

Are you going to answer my questions above?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service