Roman Catholics, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Baptists, C.O.G.I.C., A.M.E........ All of these believing Churches and more still unnamed are divided and yet in one major way united: they all believer that JESUS CHRIST is Lord of all, and though some have a longer Canon of scripture than others, each believe essentially believe the same 66 books. Each one teaches that we will be a unified Church, but openly preach against each other and consider such unity a myth.......

......a myth that is, until now.....

The Anglicans and the Orthodox Churches are willing to come together and speak about unity with the Church of Rome, with certain issues being addressed such as female Bishops, divorce, and the like. A few years ago, the Joint College of African American Pentecostal Bishops went and worshiped at the Vatican with the Roman Pope. My question to all the leaders here that are willing to step up and speak is this: Many of you are Pentecostal, and some of your Bishops are apart of the J.C.A.A.P.B. council. Many of you are C.O.G.I.C., and I believe Chief Apostle & Presiding Prelate Bishop Charles Blake attend the Vatican Meeting. As Protestants where would you stand with such?

-Would you as a Presiding Prelate be united with the Roman Catholics and the Orthodox Churches?
-If you're the Apostle of your Ministry, where do you stand? would you want the Pope and the Orthodox Bishops to respect you as an equal?
-Is so, what terms would be brought to the table by you, as you would expect they would bring terms?
-What terms would you respect of theirs?
-Why wouldn't you link with them if not?

DON'T PUT UP A FRONT FOR THE OTHERS ON HERE! BE REAL AND STATE WHERE YOU STAND AND WHY, BECAUSE THEY ARE COMING TO BRING YOU ALL TO THE TABLE ON NEGOTIATIONS!

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are right, but How do you serve the Lord?
Hopefully humbly, by giving Him all the Glory, so that no one may boast.
You didn't answer my question. How do we physically serve the Lord? We have to do something when we serve, right? If you are a server, do you not take someone's order? If we are serving the Lord, how do we take his order? I know it is not asking him does he want fries with that.
Hezekiah

I did answer your question, but just not the answer you were expecting or wanting obviously.

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance; for ye serve the Lord Christ. Col.3:23-24

Let us start with how do you serve the Lord?
Colosians 3:5-9 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

What about all this stuff in that chapter?
Hezekiah, you are speaking of 'milk'. This is not serving the Lord, but , elementary basis teaching that does not lay down again the act of repentance from sins that lead to deathl
That was actually the first time Hezekiah ever mentioned such a thing! Most of the time he focuses on food and Sabbaths, something the NT does not focus on at all.
@ Sister Caral Again, What is serving the Lord?
@ Brother Trevor

All of those things are of the old testament as well. Not doing those things are keeping the law, that everybody hates.
Dear Bro. Hezekiah, I feel that we are hijacking Bro. Trevor thread, here. So perhaps starting a new thread may help.

The next step, once we have laid aside sins that lead us to death.

Next is to have faith in God. Without faith no one can please God.

Hebrews 11 always jumps to mind here, Stand on God's Word, believe and you shall receive, believe what God says about you in His Word, believe who YOU are in Christ Jesus. Believe that Christ lives not you (Gal 2:20) Believe that God is well pleased with you, not because of what you have done, but because of Christ has done by His passion and shred blood at the Cross. By faith we are credited with righteousness, not of our doing, but by faith through Christ. Not having a righteousness of our own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. Phil 1:27

To believe and trust totally the promises of God, and encourage others to do the same. To believe that God will fulfill His Word, and His purpose, regardless of how impossible, bleak or dire the circumstances may look in the natural.

Believe the Lord will provide all provisions, because He is Jehovah Jireh. Pray and intercede with complete confidence that the Lord will answer prayer.
Technically speaking, by discussing this, one can be clear on what they would do if they were approached by the Pope of Rome with an offer of Universal Christian Unity between Protestants, Orthodox, and Roman Catholics.
1John 5:1-4 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1John2:2-4And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1John 3:4-13 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous. Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

What is all this?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service