A few Sundays ago,I had the opportunity to speak at the morning service of a local
pastor friend. As I walked up to the pulpit I noticed that he and his other male
associates were all made up. I understand that they are doing a television broadcast
but these guys looked like Little Richard. It really made me feel uncomfortable.
What does the bible say about men wearing make up? I would like opinions as well
as scripture.

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bro Luckette, I got what you were saying....I know its for the sake of the camera.
And thanks Tricia for reiterating what he said.

I just think if its fancy off camera - it's fancy on camera.
If one is going to give room for those before a camera then give room to those that have to deal with people in the flesh.
"...Amen newview that's heavy. You should expound on giving room for those that have to deal with people in the flesh..."

Oh my! Hahahaha...that was deep.
Because I just re-read what I posted and that wasnt exactly what I meant.
What I should have wrote is:
If one is going to give room for those before a camera then give room to those that have to deal with people in person.

But I think I like what I posted by accident. Hahahah.
Boy I am deep without trying...LOL!
WOW!!! This is incredible.
Wow, what, Bro Hez...
Which side of the debate do you fall on?
Neither side.
Oh my can't find anything in the bible about men wearing makeup. I'm still looking that was kind of strange
Evang. Hardy . . .

I haven't found anything in the Bible that addresse men wearing makeup; so I guess it turns out that it's all about human and civil rights and personal opinions.
I still feel as I posted earlier Deut. 22:5 addresses this loosely, men are not to wear anything pertaining to women and women not anything pertaining to men.

It was characteristic of the Egyptians to wear make-up corporately and some other cultures but not God's chosen people
Evang. Fugett,

I can accept that explanation. Deut. 22:5 may be the only scripture that comes close to addressing this topic.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service