see the video comments by clicking here

I think he is demented!! How insensitive can you be? He is capitalizing on the pains and the suffering of those in need. Is his faith authentic? He seems to have forfeited his right to be called a son of God whose first love is always those who are last. Haitians were fighting to be released from French slavery!!!

Share your thoughts!!!

Tracy Scott, Psy.D.

Founder/President
Healthy Living Seminars
WPJC.FM
Feeding The Soul Christian Store

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its the same sort of things people said about America on 9-11.

Maybe this is a catalyst to get them more help. They were already extremely poor.
The people would make flat cakes out of dirt and sugar. Thats poor.

Pastor Derrick Jackson's reply to NBEA's comments about Pat Robertson's video:

1/14/09

Dear Reverend Dr Walter McCray,

Thank-you for your sincere but misguided response. Theologically erroneous and emotional responses such as fill your commentary become predictable when considering the variables of the difficulty of God’s judgment along with the horrendous events that have befallen Haiti. But to label Pat Robertson “Blind” with “no compassion” is obviously asinine. The incredible magnitude and scope of Pat Robertson’s world-wide ministry speak for his compassion; while completely refuting your accusation…and indicting you! You err not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God (Matt22:29).

You tritely mentioned John 9:1 to support your comments, ignoring a mountain of contrary Biblical evidence. In addition, you mentioned the term “right-wing evangelical leaders and their perspectives”, which by no means confirms your political position, but surely intimates a liberal, left-wing philosophy. Theologically, historically, and experientially, your comments can be easily dismissed.

The Bible is clear that God uses many tools to bring judgment ‘against sin’ (either individuals or nation): from lions (2Kings17:25,26); to sword, famine, pestilence (Jer38:2); to rain, locusts, caterpillars, mildew (2Chron6:24-29); to sickness, such as leprosy (2 Kings5:27); to blindness (Acts13:11); to embarrassment (Eze 36:33,34); to land displacement (Eze7:24); to slavery (2 Chron12:1-9); and even to storms and earthquakes (Hab 3:1-19); and many other things.

God’s Word, which communicates His great nature, is once again clear indicating nothing happens by chance—neither negative (Pro26:2) nor positive. The law of sowing and reaping supports this great truth. Therefore, regardless of how uncompassionate it may sound to your ears, what happened in Haiti was not a product of chance—that is a Darwinian myth; the result of culture’s rejection of the sovereignty of God. Well, if the earthquake did not happen by chance, that only leaves 2 other options: God or the devil! Unless of course, you claim that man caused the earthquake! On the contrary, I presume you know Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy; and the devil can only work his evil at the permission of the sovereign God!

History is replete with instances of people groups, nations, individuals experiencing great devastation and then turning to God in repentance. Why? The Word of God gives the answer: “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land” (2 Chron7:14). God will forgive and turn from his wrath only at the end of repentance (2Chron30:9). Sadly, because God (and His word) has been rejected from our culture, repentance is not politically correct! And sadly, from your letter, neither is it theologically correct. Repentance requires truth in the inward part (Ps51:6). It requires that one first believe in evil, understand evil; and understand that God, not man has the answer to evil. Finally, repentance requires acknowledgment of personal sin (Ps51:4) against a holy God. Repentance does not allow for blaming others; or, what’s commonly known as victimology.

In essence, you have blamed Pat Robertson for speaking an obvious truth! If what he said is not true, than what is your explanation for Haiti? Chance! Or, do we just ignore any reasons in the name of “compassion”? Your response originates in the philosophy of culture devoid of God. To ignore the reason for this tragedy is actually without compassion, as well as without commonsense. Tragically, when the prophets of God should be interviewed by the media, giving a word from God, driving the masses to their knees in prayer, “Christian leaders”; (I use that term loosely) offer the “feelings” doctrine.

For example, when a person comes down with diabetes or some other disease, the first thing they ask the physician is how this happened. If the physician cares, he will suggest possibilities and then recommend a remedy. In other words, he gives the patient the truth! On the contrary, he does not ignore the reason for the person’s diabetes to spare the patient’s feelings!

If a teen commits a crime, everyone from law enforcement, to the media, to the parents will search for the reason for having to put another young person behind bars. Well, God has answers too. And He puts those answers in the mouths of His people! He says His judgments are in the earth that men might learn righteousness. “With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness” (Is26:9). Can you honestly tell me that you, the Haitian politician, Rachel Maddow, the Haitians, the people of America, etc., are “learning righteousness” through reading your accusations of Pat Robertson’s supposed lack of compassion? I think not!

Your comment “right-wing evangelical leaders and their perspectives” actually gives you away. In my opinion, you have adopted the modern, contemporary myth that compassion/feelings is tantamount to truth. As if there is such a thing as a right-wing and left wing Word of God; to the contrary, there is only one Word of God and that word judges all the thoughts of man. Your phrase speaks to a rejection of the truth of the Word of God; replacing it with philosophy, vain deceit, the tradition of men, the rudiments of the world (Col2:8).

In conclusion, the purpose of Pat Robertson’s remarks is repentance. Like Nineveh avoided the wrath of destruction through repentance, so too, God will bring great revival, and then prosperity to the land of Haiti, if the people will acknowledge their sin and turn to the living God (2 Chron7:14).

Tragedy does not happen by chance! Beware! In this horrific tragedy, God is speaking to the Haitians; but He is also speaking to Americans!

Pastor Derrick Jackson

Wheaton Christian Center Church

630-653-1044 x111

www.djackso@anointedword.org
I will say one thing. In a spiritual sense those who have heard stories of Haiti have often heard stories about voodoo and things like that. However, this really has nothing to do with what happened. Pat Robertson seems to be employing a popular tactic. People on his level of influence often use fear as a tactic (because they fail at compassion ) to scare people into following them, not necessarily following G-d. Bible students should know that natural disasters are a part of end-time prophecy and can occur anywhere.

The world in general is being judged, not just one nation or group of people. What would Pat say about pre-slavery black people? I bet its so much easier not to help Haiti when you're taking such a position as this. Or perhaps... taking such a position covers the fact that he could have been doing more to help Haiti before all this happened. Haiti was already a poor third-world country. And unlike Jamaica, how many people go vacation in Haiti? Sometimes to reason on scriptures and hear someone else's gospel you need a full stomach.

People need help. That's all anyone need concern themselves with right now. We are not gods to judge them. And if we are the sons of G-d we will help them. This is why people like Pat Robertson should only be exposing themselves when they say things like this. Does that mean that G-d never say something like this? Sure he would, if its true. But has he told this to Pat Robertson? I doubt it. I think Pat Robertson is speaking for Pat Robertson and regardless of his opinion the mission for us is clear.

Help Haiti
Luke 13:2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”
GB
Its interesting to see Christians devoid of Prophetic insight these days. One minute they hear and understand that GOD is not pleased with certain nations and hear and understand that impending doom is looming, then the next minute once the doom hits, everyone has a problem with it!!

Dr. Scott, I see that you are an educated man, but not on this subject. With all due respect, your doctorate only crosses into certain areas, and this is not one of them.

- This is not a ploy o capitalize on anyone, for there is no personal profit by saying something on live TV that will brand you as crazy, demented, insensitive, or worse. Prophets like Jeremiah, Amos, John the Baptist, Agubus, and the like would have been consider such as well.

- It is well known amongst Missionaries that have experienced spiritual warfare in Haiti, and even other Haitians that have seen such of this historic deal with the Devil.

- Take into consideration that Haiti actually has a law against the practice of Necromancy. Article 249 of the Haitian Penal Code states that,

It shall also be qualified as attempted murder the employment which may be made against any person of substances which, without causing actual death, produce a lethargic coma more or less prolonged. If, after the person had been buried, the act shall be considered murder no matter what result follows.”

This law was designed to make it illegal for practitioners of necromancy to ply their trade.
http://ninetythrees.com/zombie/haitis-law-against-zombies/

Though many people have thought of this as only superstition, the government of Haiti does. Likewise, your Bible agrees with that governmental law:

Deuteronomy 18:9-13 "When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God."

Matthew 24:7-8 "For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows."

Also, take a moment to look at Deuteronomy 28:15-68, and see if those punishments from GOD resemble the very life of Haiti.

People who doubt that GOD would actually act out and bring punishments like this are people who are also just a bit too smart to believe in the literal and present power of GOD actively working today. If thats the case, then why be a Christian anymore? Just be a scientist and make your lab or educational classrooms your holy sanctuary!

"...People who doubt that GOD would actually act out and bring punishments like this are people who are also just a bit too smart to believe in the literal and present power of GOD actively working today. If thats the case, then why be a Christian anymore? Just be a scientist and make your lab or educational classrooms your holy sanctuary!..."

Well, Church in America --->gird your loins because you are no worse or even more worse then little ol Haiti.
Jesus told the people that the 18 people that were killed in that tower that fell were no more into sin than they were - so how I see it - TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN MUCH IS REQUIRED...and America has had more than most people on this earth EVERRRRRRR.
And Haiti has had less than most people in the western hemisphere.
Just think if God judged them because of their wickedness and rebellion - what in the world is on the horizon for this wicked, perverted, hard-hearted, covetous, abominable, gluttonous, well educated nation which has so much of the word of God preached to her that shes kicking parts of the bible out wholesale?
What O What is on the horizon?
911 was a knock on our door - somethings coming and when its over aint nobody gonna be sintting around trying to blame the Obama administration because they will be trying to find food and shelter and weeping and fearing and looking for shelter and weeping and crying and looking for food and begging and weeping and fearing and looking for food and looking for shelter and weeping and crying...
9/11 was not even the beginning, it was the continuation of our drama!

-Homosexual marriages being debated and coming to close desisions
-Abortions legalized
-Prayer taken out of schools
-the 501(c)(3)
-government corruption

And the list goes on easily!! We can and WILL be NEXT!
Thanks Trevor for your reply, but Pat Robertson and many others are playing Monday morning quarterback. I know that you understand the qualifications of a prophet! I believe that you are sincere in your statements, However, did God tell you or Rev. Robertson that He sending the earthquake to Haiti before it happened? Did you know the hour, time or day? Can you tell us what will now happen? You know the penalty in the OT for false prophets?

Please be careful speaking for the Lord. Remember many scholars believe that mysterious Babylon is America!

Thanks again for posting.
I've been praying for Haiti for about 2 years now, and knew that something was coming. GOD did speak to me concerning drama hitting them and shaking them from the foundations on up. I, however, will not say that I knew an earthquake was going to hit them. Other Prophets did hear about it. Did I say that I predicted it? No, but if a person knows medicine, then they have a very good idea of what could be plaguing an individual medically; if a person knows about drugs from experience being a user, or from studying and aiding in rehab, then you can recognize the tell-tale signs of an addict. Likewise, I'm an Apostle and Prophet, therefore, for me, its like Daniel reading the writing on the wall: a clear cut message of impending doom. For others, its like Belshazzar the king reading the wrings on the wall: blah, blah, blah, more Prophetic gibberish

With all the evidence of what has happened within Haiti from both the Missionaries and Haitians themselves, it would be absolutely foolish and deadly to believe otherwise! Haiti has suffered the punishments listed in Deuteronomy 28 for decades, and now that this has happened, everyone wants compassion to blind their eyes to reality: they have reaped what they have sown. Am I insensitive to such things? Not at all, for I have very close friends that are Haitians, all of them Christians. Interestingly enough, if you ask them, they'll agree with me 100%. I also had a cousin who died due to her practices in witchcraft, some of which she practiced from Haitian witchdoctors. I had to preach my first funeral message at my cousin's funeral, in a room full of family, with one third of them being practitioners of witchcraft such as Shango-Baptists (my entire family is Trinidadian, and witchcraft is not foreign to Trinidad-n-Tobago). Demonic activity is nothing new to me, and neither are the acts of GOD.

I'm very careful for speaking for GOD. After all, its my job. This is what I've been called to do by CHRIST Himself. Few people can say that about themselves and mean it. The Prophetic office is not something that you just read about in Seminar School, Dr. Scott. It is alive, and very much so active, but one of the most scrutinized offices in Ministry (right behind the Apostles). It is interesting that many who are quick to question the Prophetic are those who are the least informed about the Prophetic. I truly hope that you don't fit this description. It would be a shame and a waste of a good degree.

1st Corinthians 1:19-31 "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: but we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness; but unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: but God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."

1st Corinthians 2:1-8 "And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: but we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory."
You are still in the Monday morning quarterback role, not prophecy. I understand that you are passionate about God's Word, I am as well, however we can't claim to have direct knowledge from God on all issues. It's not just that simple. Prophets are right on point before, during and after an event every time!!!

May God continue to bless you in all.
Sadly, you have the wrong idea about the Prophetic.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service