Salvation is it eternal regardless of the circumstances or not come on lets get everyone’s opinion

But what is your take on what would have happened if the prodigal son or anyone who had received salvation backslides by rejecting the Father, His Son, the Holy Ghost and totally turned away from the faith and DIED without having repented or had the opportunity to return to the fold. Would that person be heading for hell or heaven? This is a conversation that came up with a couple of my work colleague when we were in an after discussion on Luke 15:11-32 so I would be interested in having a discussion and receiving everyone's point of view.

Views: 5416

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I am not making a point, I have simply asked questions. That is how a discussion works. You are responding as if I made statements, never answering the questions. Are you angry or something? I never disagreed with you. I just asked for some depth to the discussion. Sorry if that angers you, but it is easy to see that you bitterness outweighs your knowledge. God Bless you and I am praying for you. I'm done!
Pastor Ray 'thou shalt not judge'.  I have no need to be angry however I do have a desire to ensure my discusion does not veer off the track which your questions are attempting to do the subject matter dear Pastor is simply what happens if one turning away from God and die before returning.

Interesting point, but we are dealing with a New Testament scripture. The New Testament was written originally in Greek, but I understand what you are saying.

Then again you have simply added to my thought. Your insight is precious, but you just gave a another varied perspective. Another simple fact you must consider is the KJV was interpreted from the Latin interpretation of Hebrew scripture used by the Catholic church in England at the time. It is second-hand and was not a direct interpretation, so your origin is a bit confusing.

Another fact that must be considered is "backsliding" is a present participle, not an adjective. They are similar, but are not the same. The root word is "backslide". Every present participle has a verb root and that is simple English.

Ladies & Gentlemen, this is the worldwide web and my insights are based upon fact and not opinion. Our interpretations may differ,but we all walk in the unity and love of Christ (hoepfully). I have no problem with anyone here, but it seems as if some have become angry and defensive. My goal is to express my viewpoint, not to demean the viewpoints of others. Much love to you all and please study to show yourselves approved. God bless.

SAVATION IS NOT ETERNAL--- JESUS IS ETERNAL LIFE. --- SALVATION IS THE ACT OF THE FATHERS WILL. ----AND IS ADMINISTRATED TO US---- BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. GOD’S WILL IS TO PUT ETERNAL LIFE IN OUR SOULS AND ETERNAL LIFE IS IN JESUS CHRIST……..JESUS WAS THE LAMB THAT SAVED US……..

YOU CAN ONLY LOSE YOU OWN SALVATION!!!!!!!

SALVATION BY WORKS BY TRYING TO PICK OUT YOUR OWN FIGS LEAVES TO COVER YOURSELF

ALL WE NEED TO KNOW IS THE FATHER IS IN JESUS AND JESUS IN OUR SOULS. MY SOUL IS BRIDE AND JESUS IS THE BRIDE GROOM AND GROOM HAS TAKEN US TO HIS FATHER’S HOUSE.

SALVATION IS OUR ESCAPE FROM SIN THROUGH JESUS CHRIST AND THE LIVING GOD WHO SENT THE HOLY SPIRT TO LEAD AND GUIDE US INTO THIS TRUTH. THERE IS NO TEMPTATION THAT GOD WILL NOT ALLOW A WAY FOR US TO ESCAPE. JESUS IS THE SCAPEGOAT.

THE CREATOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SAVING US…… SALVATION: Christianity deliverance from sin through Jesus Christ: in the Christian religion, deliverance from sin or the consequences of sin through Jesus Christ's death on the cross

WHATEVER YOU DO KEEP YOUR FOCUS ON THE MIND SET OF CHRIST---I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE. AND YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR AWARENESS-----CHRIST IS OUR TRUE IDENTITY.........    Jesus can never be lost he is         SPIRIT AND WE MUST WORSHIP IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH.  THANK GOD JESUS PAID THE FULL PRICE FOR OUR SALVATION.

CHRISTIANITY—the spiritual rebirth of the dead soul endowed with eternal life. Salvation is an active will of God. IT IS WHAT YOU CALL GOD FAITH!!!!- GOD AT WORK!!!!!For God so loved the world that he GAVE HIS only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish but have ETERNAL LIFE. Our souls are eternal because Jesus life the living God lives in us.

Salvation is the effect of the cause and the cause is ETERNAL LIFE, WHO IS JESUS CHRIST. HE, Jesus GAVE HIMSELF. WHAT PART OF HIMSELF? (HIS LIFE)-- WHICH IS ETERNAL.

Adam and Eve were evicted due to their lost of identity of who they were. Just like the prodigal son brother who stayed home and had no AWARENESS that everything in his FATHERS house belonged to him. He was so angry with his brother’s return and the celebration of the Father over his lost son that he lost focus of Jesus saying; I and my Father are ONE. WHEN YOU SEE ME YOU SEE THE FATHER.

Where there is no vision the people perish (OF ETERNAL LIFE IN YOUR SOUL). Where there is no knowledge the people perish. When Adam and Eve were tempted they were evicted because they gave away ETERNAL LIFE THEY ALREADY HAD.

ONCE ADAM AND EVE SAW THEMSELVES AS SPIRIT UNTIL THEY ATE THE UNFORBIDDEN FRUIT. ONCE THEY ATE THE UNFORBIDEN FRUIT THEY SAW THEMSELVES AS FLESH.  NOT PERFECT: NAKED, ASHAME AND COULD NOT SEE GOD. BLESSED ARE THE PURE IN HEART THEY SHALL SEE GOD.  THEY COULD NOT SEE GOD ANYMORE THEY HID THEMSELVES AND TRIED TO PUT HUMPTY DUMPTY BACK TOGHETER AGAIN BUT IT WAS IMPOSSIBE. THEY TRIED TO FIX THEMSELVE LIKE THE NEW AGE--- BUT THAT DID NOT WORK. GOD HAD TO OFFER AN AMIMAL SACRIFICE JUST LIKE HE OFFERED JESUS TO US HOLY IS THE LAMB. -

Just think about Esau and Jacob the trickster Esau ACCEPTED a meal for his birth right. We gave away ETERNAL LIFE. THROUGH ONE MAN DISOBEIDENCE SIN REINED ON ALL MAN. AND THROUGH ONE SON OBEIDENCE ETERNAL LIFE WAS RESTORED.

CHRIST, PASSION RESTORED OUR SOUL WITH ETERNAL LIFE. ---DAVID SAID HE RESTORED MY SOUL. .ADAM AND EVE; THEY WERE TRICKED BY THE SCHEME OF THE ENEMY. THEY WERE PERFECT INSIDE AND OUT AND GOD SAID IT WAS GOOD. Male and female were born in the likeness of God. And Satan was MAD. However, the enemy cash in the time by evicting them FROM THIER HOME, the Fathers Garden.

AND GOD SAID IN JOHN 3-16 ---- I WON’T LET THIS HAPPEN I WILL SEND MY SON TO RESTORE THE SPIRTUAL REBIRTH BACK TO THE SOUL AND AS MANY AS RECEIVED TO THEM HE GAVE POWER TO BECOME THE SONS OF GOD. ---1JOHN 3-1-----BEHOLD WHAT MANNER THE LOVE THE FATHER HAS GIVEN UNTO US THAT WE SHOULD BE CALLED (THE SONS OF GOD). DO YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD AND IN YOU THE LIVING GOD? SATAN CAN NEVER SHAKE THE TRUE SAINT WHO BELIEVES THIS AND THE GATES OF HELL, WHICH IS THE WORLD, THE FLESH, and THE DEVIL AND MAMMON.---- THE PRIDE OF THIS WORLD  Cannot prevail AGAINST US THE CHURCH.………AMEN

I hope my post is received in love.  When Jesus died on the cross He took the SINS of the WORLD.  Therefore, our SINS are nailed on the cross.  Jesus say in Luke 9:23  He said to them ALL...If any man comes after me, he must DENY himself, and take up his cross DAILY and FOLLOW me.  Jesus came down from God the Father to show us that we could live according to the Word of God, if we FOLLOW.  We must make Him the CENTER OF OUR LIFE.  He tells us to forsake our possessions, family etc. we must do those things if we are truly HIS.  He said if we LOVE Him we will keep His commandments and if we don't we are of our father the devil...its in His Word.  John 15:5 says....I AM THE VINE...ye are the branches, the same shall bring forth much fruit...for WITHOUT HIM we can do NOTHING.  We MUST OBEY.  Obedience is key...we cannot serve to masters, either love the one and hate the other, which do we choose is key.  We must give ourselves just as Christ did for God the Father.  Only those that TRULY OBEY will see the kingdom of heaven, because if you are really Christ you will DENY yourself, and FOLLOW after HIM. 

Rev. 22:12 Behold He come quickly and whatever we are doing that very moment, those who claim to be saved, will have their reward...this is in the Word.

In Love, Sister Denise

AMEN!!!!! YOU SAID IT!!!!!
Of course my beloved salvation has/always will be eternal because of JESUS CHRIST the power of salvation rest/remains in him/him alone HALLELUJAH PRAISE GOD
Salvation is eternal but sin and a Sinner is not.Christ Purchased Salvation for mankind but mankind has to accept salvation based on the divine conditions set forth. See Romans 6:1-23,and Ezekiel 18:1-21. Unfortunately for those who want to have it both ways there is no once saved always saved Flesh and Blood shall not inherit Eternal Life.  I hope thats spiritual enough for you.
Thanks Archbishop you are in line with my thoughts and understanding of Salvation

Are we seeking the truth or are we seeking answers? Hmmm...

While the truth is always an answer, An answer is not always the truth...

Tell me, what do we seek here? Do we seek security; a license or permit to be less than perfect? Or do we seek to be rewarded for our perfectness and to compare ourselves against our brothers for their lack thereof? But what do we seek?

The wife is calling...I shall deliberate more later...

Band website builders Quantcast

Hello Miss Angela,

Some questions are interesting because of the different answers or responses that they will generate. Some questions are meant to create endless debate among co-workers or family members and even believers. I believe that it is a sincere question, but the deck is stacked against the outcome because we have Old Testament covenant principles being applied to New Testament covenant relationship. I’m almost sure that most Christians would agree that Jesus completed the plan of salvation.  This is why we have Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

However; if we are to properly deal with salvation, it would be in the same way that we use our bathroom mirror. It is a personal look into our own life. When we look at some one else and render a decision about their salvation; we are automatically wrong. Remember when some of the people came to Jesus talking about how He was operating under the spirit of Beelzebub and He said a house divided against it self shall not stand. Meaning, if it is of God; it will stand in the end. Deciding who is saved and not saved is part of God’s job description.

What is our soul’s salvation? It is eternal life. What is our soul’s condemnation? It is eternal death. We are familiar with John 3:16, but in the right context it is at least three verses. John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This does not mean that we shouldn’t have standard for people who are operating and participating in ministry. We absolutely must if we want to be effective with our witness and our worship. Simply put: certain actions and behaviors do not line up with mission of a church or methods of a ministry. While we should never judge; the bible does admonish us to be fruit inspectors.

Salvation from the bible’s perspective deals with eternal life. The bible is very clear when it comes to our soul salvation. How do we acquire salvation? Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The term backsliding and biblical results of backsliding are primarily dealt with in two books of the Old Testament. Jeremiah tells the people to come back and God tells Hosea to go back. Jeremiah 3:22 - Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the LORD our God. Hosea 14:4 - I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

We understand that prior to the coming of Christ; there were the commandments and the laws of Moses that the children of Israel were to live by. As we read Old Testament scriptures we notice that the consequences to sin were handle somewhat differently than we handle them today. Before Jesus died on the cross, there had to be a pure and spotless animal killed as sacrifice for our sinful ways. We know that up and until the time of Christ, the people went to the priest for confess and re-admission back to the household of faith. After Calvary, the veil was ripped from top to bottom. This means, that God did it and now we can go Him directly through His son Jesus. We know that Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice.  1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

In closing, our lives may not add up to what another will justify as saved. If the thief on the cross made it in, who can we say did not? Our beliefs determine our eternal salvation; while our actions determine our earthly witness. God Bless

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service