Black Preaching Network

Salvation is it eternal regardless of the circumstances or not come on lets get everyone’s opinion

But what is your take on what would have happened if the prodigal son or anyone who had received salvation backslides by rejecting the Father, His Son, the Holy Ghost and totally turned away from the faith and DIED without having repented or had the opportunity to return to the fold. Would that person be heading for hell or heaven? This is a conversation that came up with a couple of my work colleague when we were in an after discussion on Luke 15:11-32 so I would be interested in having a discussion and receiving everyone's point of view.

Views: 3638

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I personally do not understand that jokes.

To me this is about life and death and those we influence will live or die by what is being taught.

To me this is a very serious topic and we either respond by our minds or what we think we know or by seeking the Holy Spirit for what to say in the hopes that whoever ends up reading this will be influenced by the Spirit of God. One thing for sure is that those that are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

What I have learned is that God is very serious about all that happens. This subject if I understand it correctly, is to seek the Holy Spirit for the answer. Religion is about what man's thoughts. This is not supposed to be about religion. This is supposed to be (I thought anyway) about getting together to seek God for the answers. The facts even in scripture is that one can have their name blotted out of the Lambs Book of Life. It does not say that one is saved and then one can do what they want in life and still be saved. It just does not say that anywhere.

We here in ministry should be obligated to God to represent His love and will to all people on earth. Anything else will not work. We all were given an example in Acts to follow in setting up a church and what they did. We all are seeking how to make it work, but we do not like the idea of following the example of what they did in Acts.

To me it is a sin to be teaching other that what is there. Granted the Holy Spirit often adds to what is in scripture, or expounds on what is in scripture but He cannot go against what is there and no where does it say once saved always saved. It also does not state that the church will not have to go through the tribulation.

It does say we should be doing everything to get in front of God to seek mercy and for Him to spare the people. Yes it is all that serious. It is that deep. Just because a person cannot see how deep or serious, it does not make it less serious or deep. It just means that you may not see that it is so deep and serious.

This was not directed at you Dr. Carrol.

Dr. Carrol, It's not that deep at all. As a matter of face I'm going to refrain from commenting on your discourse because there is no fruit coming out of this dialogue which by the way was started almost two years ago. It's getting nastier and nastier and I didn't come here for that...I came to be among like minded folks walking in the word and carrying this great Gospel into all the world.

I don't like that you have been attacked nor the way it has been done. I grew up with the addage that if I didn't have anything nice to say that I should say nothing. I apoologize for engaging in this with you as I wasn't here to debate but to say that Just like God speaks to you he speaks to me and my only point was lets not be so quick to remove grace and mercy from folks and tell them that if they are saved today that doesn't mean that they are saved tomorrow. I thought that NEW MERCIES was a preventative measure that God put in place to keep us secure. Luckily for us God came for the one lost sheep.

It ain't that deep is all I am saying. I know you a scholar and got degrees. I'm just a lover of God and a teacher who loves the word.

God Bless and Keep You. 

The Preacher Teacher 13 hours ago

"Dr. Carrol, It's not that deep at all."

"As a matter of face I'm going to refrain from commenting on your discourse because there is no fruit coming out of this dialogue which by the way was started almost two years ago."

Well teacher preacher as a matter of fact you have commented on my discourse judging by your life in what you think is right or wrong. You have no idea what I have experienced and the things I write about I give testimony to. What anyone of us writes or speaks is recorded by God. For you to make a comment like that is a total lack of respect and what you do not see is that if you have a lack of respect for me, then you also have a lack of respect for God, because I did not come here with my own agenda.

You have no idea what I have experienced and witnessed, whether I have stood before God Himself, where He put His robe on me and His ring. You have no idea if I have been to heaven and even have met Jesus several times. The fact is you do not know. I didn't say any of that to say I am a something, because I am not, like Paul I am a chief of sinners, but saved by Grace that was paid for with a very high price. Like my brother Paul, we both crucified Jesus. It was Jesus that came to both of us and spoke a clear audible voice outside of us directly. A voice that makes one want to drop to their knees, but that is not what He made us do. He made us stand upright before Him. Even though both Paul and I did those things we were forgiven. We both carry His ministry and not our own.

If an apology is due, it is not due to me, but to the one who sent me.

How is it that you have not understood that the grace and mercy you give others, is exactly the amount of grace and mercy that you have received.

Honestly the respect you show for others is exactly the respect you show for God. In fact you love God as much as you love your enemies.

It is good that you love the word, but the word is not the Bible, the Word is Christ and there are two parts to Christ. First there is the head which is Jesus and secondly there is the body of Christ, which is supposed to be us. No where is scripture does it state that the Bible is the word of God. What is stated in the Bible is that Jesus was and always has been the Word. When we do not acknowledge that Jesus is the Word, then we border on disrespect.

As far as the degrees that I have earned, they mean nothing. It was God that placed me where I am. He is the authority not a degree. I actually declare that I am nothing.

Here you go...Set up a new thread so that we can have a good discord.

Its a welcome news, about the latest decision.. Do not give precious thing to the pig, she will trample over it, and turn around to attack you. This principle has guided me a lot. 

By the way, I have not heard of your exact view regarding the discussion on ' 1 Peter 3:19-20?

I enjoyed your line of presentation and argument. Thanks.

Check the discussion on 1 Peter 3:19-20. Thanks, for your contribution and for choosing to discontinue with useless argument.
The Bible says that sin writes a divorce decree between us and  God. And when we openly sin the words say that you are as guilty as the people that nailed the Potter to the cross. People of God we have to stop using grace an an excuse not to show any self control responsibility and character.This once saved always saved is way to keep people in the pulpit and in the pews comfortable but the devil is liar. We have to come up to the word and not comprimise our standard. James says he that is able to keep thee from falling...
Greeting my beloved brother in the name of JESUS CHRIST my Lord and Savior, I do greet you with a Holy kiss praying for you always in the Holy Spirit. If we have to ask that question, then we better check ourselves to see do we really believe the report that God has left us of His Only Begotten Son. Hell is not the final resting place, but THE LAKE OF FIRE is where those that didn't believe that Jesus died on the cross and was buried and on THAT THIRD DAY GOT UP!!! Hallelujah!!! for us with ALL POWER, so that we wouldnt' be lost eternally; Praise His Holy name. The question we should be discussing is are we born again!!! Except a man/woman be born again they will not enter the kingdom of God. Once we are born again then our life style will change. 1st John 3 said let no man DECEIVE  YOU, he/she that does rightous is rightous, and he/she that does evil is of THEIR FATHER the devil, for he sinned from the beginning. That way we will know them, the tree will bear a fruit, the question is what fruit are they bearing. check the tree. God Bless!!!
Brother you are absolutely right. He said any tree that doesnt bare fruit he will remove.
So is once saved always saved according to the Gospel
Once saved IS NOT ALWAYS SAVED

RSS

© 2014   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service