Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2773

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mathew is not talking about hired labor and baing paid..that verse is speaking of preaching the gospel you're trying to read the word of God with a carnal mind so your focus is on the carnal things of the PAREBLE...
a pareble is an earthly story,with a spiritual meaning..

9"The workers who were hired about the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius. 10So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12'These men who were hired last worked only one hour,' they said, 'and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.'

13"But he answered one of them, 'Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn't you agree to work for a denarius? 14Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?'

16"So the last will be first, and the first will be last."

heres the meaning of this parable

John 1:11
11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
speaking of National Israel
Matthew 22
The Parable of the Wedding Banquet
1Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come. 4"Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.'

5"But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
heres Mathew's tie in witht eh verses you posted

8"Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' 10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

this means Christ came for national Israel,but they rejected him,they were first,then Christ came to the gentiles and the received him,they were last,yet became first..this also has a much deeper meaning that I'll get into later if called for..so the verses you posted is saying the lsat to understand and preach the true gospel are the gentiles,and national Israel was first,but are now last in understanding and preaching the gospel,God calls us to work in his veinyard,the world, preaching the gospel,or as in vineyard talk,sowing seed,the seed is the word of God..
GB
Nice try preacher~ However truly way off base as to Israel,...and the Ketubah that is not broken,...and the fact is really this:"that all Israel is responsible for one another~ Klal YIsrael arevim zeh bazeh ( Talmud Shavout 39a) that speaks of the Community the Sheitle at large~~~
A Jew (Or being Jewish) is a lifestyle, a Culture,... it cannot be deduced to that pagan misconstruction spewed out in ignorance.

No, I suggest all those who say they follow the teachings of Yeshua ( 1st John 2:v6) really get a good cultural understanding of just who your Rabbi of choice to follow really was like,... and really how all that stuff you folks thread together using mostly Paul's work....in anyway reflects the Piety and awesome understanding of the Ethics of the fathers" ~Pirkei Avos~ handed down through 3,300 years of Oral and received traditions-AKA Kaballah.
Christianity or the Messianic-baptist version is still the mother church handed down to the Daughters ..that is where this foolishness is at now..all because of little understanding.
Rome does not believe the Dogma they support..so why bow down to it.
Please put everything back into it's Historical~ Linguistic,...and cultural place before spewing out nonsense to these seekers of truth
It is all about the Marriage to Israel 49/50 days after the exodus...Most of you have not begun the journey out of Mitzerim / Egypt as of yet...Let me know, I can help a little.

Shalom...Have a good weekend/ Shabbat & Havdalah.
John 1:11
11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
speaking of National Israel
Matthew 22
The Parable of the Wedding Banquet

5"But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
heres Mathew's tie in witht eh verses you posted

8"Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' 10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

this means Christ came for national Israel,but they rejected him,they were first,then Christ came to the gentiles and the received him,they were last,yet became first..this also has a much deeper meaning that I'll get into later if called for..so the verses you posted is saying the lsat to understand and preach the true gospel are the gentiles,and national Israel was first,but are now last in understanding and preaching the gospel,God calls us to work in his veinyard,the world, preaching the gospel,or as in vineyard talk,sowing seed,the seed is the word of God..
GB
1Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come. 4"Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.'

I've given you the truth, do what you want with it..
GB
Though I am late to the discussion; I am really disturbed by the response of some of the people. The anger in some of your words is unbelievable. It is also amazing what we want scripture to say to the point that it proves our statements. Scripture is not going to be specific about every little petty thing that we discuss. The truth of the matter is that whether scripture states it or not some things are just common knowledge. And though preachers should not preach for money, partakers should want to be a blessing to preachers that impart into their lives. Matthew 10:6-But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7-And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8-Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. 9-Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, 10-Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat. Which in the Greek is interpeted (meat,food or wages). The word of God is not for debate, it is for understanding. If you don't feel lead to bless the man or woman of God don't. However, don't influence others that might have a desire to do so; just make sure that whether you do or don't you are in the will of GOD. Be Blessed!
Mrs Towels writes~"The word of God is not for debate, it is for understanding."
Very much on point,...thank-you...TORAH means Instructions in it's basic terms.
The Brides instructions received at Har Sinai when YHVH married all of Israel and the (stranger with them). Follow out the tribal blessing and...also find out who you are~~that you may get back to your Historical and cultural relationship with YHVH~ read Gen 45-49 Chabad which is the acronym for wisdom-knowledge and understanding is obtained by a lifetime of walking with G-d. Those who understand the intimate-oneness of that need not follow a crowd, or mis-constructed doctrine:
The Kingdom of heaven is at hand is simply,... that we are all One from the One...Everything is G-d...including me. including you.... Look into the Mirror and say this as you point toward your heart...The Kingdom of G-d is here, the kingdom of G-d is with-in me...I desire to be one in HaShem...That is the John 17 Prayer for those who say they follow Yeshua's teaching...That they become one as he was one with the Master creator as a devoted servant and teacher to one and all...
Now do as Yeshua said to do ---Follow the Sages advice and go and study,and Daven, and study, and Daven and study and give pious benevolent charity from one to another in the community.

This is the base line for the Hebrew culture~"All Israel is responsible for one another"

..May HaShem multiply your knowledge and wisdom as you seek the key to unlock your High Calling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To be a Jew, is not about color or any other trait. But rather to be part of the house of Israel, and to be part of a quarom, and pray along side of me, as my brother.

ShekinahLife...James & Terry~~Today is a new day of Hesed~~
B"H
Here is scriptural evidents to where a pastor should received wages. 1Timothy 5:17-18 and 1Corinthians 9:14. The only way that the church can't provide sufficient finances for their pastor is when he/she will have to work outside of their churches. They will be working in the work force until otherwise. God bless you my BPN family.
The question I believe is not can a pastor, its SHOULD a pastor?
I don't believe that a pastor should be PAID to preach because we are not suppose to be hirelings; I do believe that we should be shown some type of appreciation for our dedication to those that we oversee. It really amazes me that we as a people that store owners should be paid for their products that we buy, doctors should be paid for helping us to get well, nurses should be paid for taking our vital signs, teachers should be paid for teaching our children, child care providers should be paid for taking care of our children, mechanics should be paid for fixing our cars, lawyers should be paid for defending us, and everybody that is against pastors receiving money shouldbe paid for the work that they do on their 9-5, 3-11 or 11-7 jobs.............but men and women of God should get nothing but smiles and I enjoyed that message and thank you for praying for me for taking care of our SOULS. Everybody should be financially rewarded except those that labor for our souls so that we don't lift up our eyes in HELL. Let us please keep in mind that those of us that are in leadership positions did not fill out an application to apply for this job. It was and is a God thang. BE BLESSED!!!
Mr Mundi writes"I don't think you know what you are talking about"
Dear student of the Torah~~~(or should be) First and foremost, It is not the Ladies that need to become One with the Divine Master and then go about doing Tikkun Olam ( repair the world) It is the Arrogant and rebellious heart of Men that YHVH Has to deal with. Chavah or the english version eve' is the very womb of G-d~ ~~ Chavah in the Hebrew means "Mother of all living"
Women are the closest to the source in a pure heart. Only our arrogant run a muck humanity tainted that very truth of the Ruach Hakodesh.

I suggest a thorough re-read of the Basics of Torah ( the first five books or aka the TaNaKh~before we condemn the ideology may it be superficial of the Lady Mrs Towels...She is merely conveying her heart with the limited tools of Xian understanding~ I would suggest to any Lady to look up Ester Wein on http://Torahanytime.com
Or check with the Breslev to great teachings for the Ladies.
..I personally see no one on the BPN that represents the Piety of a first century Sage that you think folks are following'~

Look at the above reference it is Rome-Hellenism at it's finest...all about the flesh when the opposite is taught in Judaism which is the root of the teaching of your Rabbi of choice~Yeshua. [Reference Matt:5v17ff and First john 2:v6] Self-nullification...to do the real mission
The Rebbe of Chabad said it well our Mission is this~"To draw G-d's Essence' back down into this material world"
When you become one with the Divine under YHVH's lifelong tutilage You will be Lifted up and no man can Topple that...When you folks realize we are all one universal soul~~ we are all one from the One YHVH or Adonai if you will allow that Name correctly used in Israel] Then the debates will get to a higher level of the ShekinahLife where we all become one community helping each other higher in the Masters divine plane for all humanity
Sadly to go the divided way of Xaianism with its 23,000 different sects is insanity
Time to get back to the Marriage at Mt. Sinai where YHVH Married the Children Israel (You) and the stranger with them ( You -me and the guy/gal/neighbor you don't like)

If you all were truly following the Historical, linguistic and cultural Rabbi Yeshua,...Then simply you would return to your rich heritage before the Elite of N.Afrika sold off your Torah observant Ancestors just a mere six generations ago... I think that is about 240 years or so.

Time to find out who you really are.Time to dig out of the Quagmire of the mother church of Rome and her protestant daughters. I can help a little!
As my dear Terry says:"YHVH is tired of the Debauchery of Humanity"
iam glad to join your group thank you evangelist pastor susie houston

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service