Should negative actions by the First Lady affect the Pastor's job status or qualifications?

Should negative actions by the First Lady affect the Pastor's job status or qualifications? This is something that I have been wrestling with and I need some help with it. Allow me to give you further detail. If a pastor's wife is rude and is offending everyone who is anyone in the church. If she is not hospitable to guests and cannot lead anything without starting something negative and unproductive.

Is that pastor disqualified to do ministry? Should he be terminated? Should he resign?

I ask this in the context of a Baptist Congregational- ruled church, rather than an Episcopal or Elder-ruled church. But feel free to answer however you wish.

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Uh Preacher, that is no excuse to not seeing an education. Knowledge use wrong does puff up. Knowledge used in the right way lends itself to leading a life that pleases God, because "my people perish for a lack of knowledge. In short ignore seeking knowldge and die, besides Solomon said in Proverbs 4:5 "Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth." If I know about the culture of the original audience, I gain an understanding as to why the letter was written in the first place. It is in knowing this, I can better understand how to it applies to life here in the 21st century. By the by, the fact of the temple of Aphrodite in the port town of Ephasus, is a known historical, and archeological fact. you can do a google search on it.
Proverbs 4:5 "Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth."

not knowledge of the world...knowledge of God...
My brother, kewl I can see that your attitude is one of so many black preachers that see no value in education regarding what you preach, its truly sad that you would advocate a shallow understanding, you are like a lot of the people I serve on my job. I am an IT technician by trade. I have a lot of customers who know enough to be dangerous, and while they would benefit from a more detailed education on the tools that they use, many will no seek it. Nothing puffed up, no aire of superiority, just a desire to see you and other members of the Body, move beyond a basic understanding, of what the Bible teaches. What I hear in your response to what I wrote is someone who has determined that you do not need an education and trying to dress it in a sanctimonious veneer, its honestly sad, but not at all unexpected . ... Carry on!
Uh so far I have seen no one reference what Paul said to Timothy...
In I Timothy 3:1-5. 1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?). It shows she has no respect for him, no respect for the office, no respect for the people of God. He needs to resign until he can get control of his home.
I know of a church where the wife is so unruly she corrects her husband while he is in the pulpit, from the audience.
If he cannot get his wife to behave herself, frankly he has no business in the pulpit.
Very shocking doctrine in some of these discussions. Bro Anthony, I mentioned in another group where this type reference to Pauls teaching was taken out of context., the scripture has many purposes, edify, encourage, correct etc. Unfortunately man misinterput scripture and make it doctrine when it was not intended to be doctrine, If it was intended to be doctrine I think Paul would have preached it at each of the Churches of Asia Minor oppose. Each of his messages were different based on what was going on in that church at that time.
what is the misinterpretation here. The pastor should have control of his family, his wife should have a sense of decorum, and share his passion for the edification of the local body to which he is assigned. If he cannot be in control of his house, he should not be in control of God's house. Keep in mind, why would Paul write a pastoral letter to all the churches in Asia Minor when the two letters to Timothy, are two of the most intimate letters he wrote, The second one written just months before his death.
What if he has a good nice wife but disruptive, unruly, misbehaving, drug-addled children - then what?

Suppose this guy really, really has tried to run his house right and things were just fine and then one day Satan came for a visit and never left his home - causing all kinds of chaos.
I would say his house is out of order...but he really did have it goin on just a year ago.

That's why there should be more than one elder and thats why you need a praying, fasting church to do battle with the devil for their pastor at all times.
And stop worrying about ENTERTAINING the saints.
New If a man has lost control of his house, and really loves his family, there are such things as leaves of absence, sabbaticals that most churches do occasionally grant so that there is no confusion in the ranks.
And entertaining?? Where did that come from, the discussion of one thread should not intermingle with another, stay on point and on topic if you can please. Being snarky gains you nothing but sympathy
"...And entertaining?? Where did that come from, the discussion of one thread should not intermingle with another, stay on point and on topic if you can please. Being snarky gains you nothing but sympathy..."

Its all relevant.......ALL OF IT.

"...New If a man has lost control of his house, and really loves his family, there are such things as leaves of absence, sabbaticals that most churches do occasionally grant so that there is no confusion in the ranks..."

As far as having leaves of absence - thats seems sensible.
Uh not to THIS conversation. If you want to continue our debate on another topic, that's fine, do that in THAT thread. In the meantime please show some internet decorum and not attempt to hijack this thread by bringing in another topic of discussion, it is rude and frankly shows a lack of maturity on your part.
I don't know if the Pastor should be fired, or forced to resign if his wife is numbered among the "Silly women". I once served under a Pastor whose wife was really terrible. She was a real trouble maker. One Sunday morning, she approached me and told me that I should stop supporting the Pastor when he's preaching because he has a girlfriend. I was caught off guard and for the first time in many years, I knew not what to say. Another time, as I preached under the anointing, she began to interject, "That's not scripture", and loudly. I just tried to ignore her out of respect for the Pastor. Shortly thereafter, my wife and I left the church. These were people in their late sixties, and I had all the respect in the world for him. His wife is another matter. I think I did the right thing by leaving, so as not to respond in anger. They're close to eighty now, and I'm told that she's still doing the same things.
I don't know if a Pastor is disqualified or not if his wife is "special", but it's certainly a problem in many churches.
Is Divorce an option in this case? Would that be acceptable? Anybody willing to tackle this question?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service