I was in a discussion with someone and the subject of should a church tithe to another church or the spiritual parents of the pastors.
Is this something we were taught or is their a scripture base behind it?
Malachi 3:10 says we are to bring it in God's house to take care of the needs of church and the people in need as the early church in acts.
I would love the views and the opinions of other Pastors.

Views: 1119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All pastors are not the same, or like the ones that you may know or may have had experiences with. There are some truly great pastors in the World. It sounds like you may have been done wrong by one or a few, or have a misconception about them. Don't let one apple spoil the whole bunch for you. There are some pastors out there, because God even said, that He has given pastors after His own heart. What has happened is the counterfeiter, who has a counterfeit to everything that God has. But there can not be any counterfeits unless there was one to be copied, which means the truth.
Preach in this house, oh, forum. We make money now!!! In response to:Reply by MarQMarvelous on December 8, 2008 at 11:17am
We are not farmers nor agricultural people so tithing money is what we do in these times.
So I assume you go out and slay bulls, rams and doves???
Hallelujah my brother. I'd be willing to bet that those who tithe have never done an exhaustive study on the subject to verify the erroneous doctrine that has been perpetuated in the Church. According to Deut.14, when money was involved, then the one who exchanged his tithe for money was to buy whatever his heart desires. I agree with the scripture, like you do that we cannot change the Law to fit our generation. There's absolutely no room for that with God. If we are to keep the Law of the tithe, then we have to do it all. According to Galatians 3 anyone who attempts to keep the Law, must do it in its entirety, which is impossible. In this attempt they bring upon themselves a curse because of this futile undertaking. Christ was the only one who kept the whole Law and thus, the only One fit to die for the sins of the World. He totally met God righteous requirement of the Law and when we put our faith in Him, we also meet God righteous requriement.
I believe it is something the church has been taught over the years. The tithes are meant to bring meat into the house they are brought in and truthfully sometimes it is not enough and then when the church is not asked but required to tithe into the parent church or a church bigger and more successful, it creates a financial strain on the church and the Pastors sometimes. I believe if we are in covenant we should sow into each other.
I would say that tithing is an individual thing, not a collective thing, and when we tithe, it's a physical act of obedience to God's word and it has nothing to do with money per say. But if you really want to know what God has to say pertaining this issue, pls go to God in prayer and lean not on your understanding or ideas.May the Lord speak , and may you receive His word.
NO I DONT THINK THAT ONE CHURCH SHOULD NOT TITHE TO ANOTHER CHURCH.
To cut a long story short; Tithe in God's House where you are fed. Call any other thing an offering and be done with it. "Cast your bread upon the waters and you will find it after many days." Simply put, when you pay tithe or give offerings, it is as casting your bread upon the waters. The fishes will have a feast or the bread will simply sink, dissolve and become like its surrounding --- "the water". i.e. don't expect anything back. After many days, the fruit of the seed sown will come back to you. Simple natural law. "God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth, that he will receive". If you sow to receive help from the beneficiary, you have already received your reward. If you sow to serve God, He takes care of you in his time. Halleluya!
no i dont believe that a church should tithe to another church that sounds crazy
A Priest Like Melchizedek

It begins with a quick summary of the story in Genesis 14: "This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him, and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything" (Heb. 7:1-2).

Greater than Levi
Although little is known about Melchizedek, we can discern that he was very important. Abraham gave him 10 percent of the spoils of war (v. 4). The old covenant required the Israelites to give 10 percent to the Levites, but Abraham gave 10 percent to Melchizedek even though Melchizedek was not a Levite (vs. 5-6). He was getting priestly honors before Levi was even born.
From this, the author constructs a hypothetical argument: "One might even say that Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham, because when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor" (vs. 9-10). The author knows that Levi didn't actually pay tithes to Melchizedek, but in a figure of speech he did. The point is that Abraham is greater than Levi, since Abraham is Levi's ancestor, and Melchizedek is greater than Abraham, since Abraham paid tithes to him, so Melchizedek is greater than Levi.

Verses 6-7 emphasize Melchizedek's greatness: He not only received a tithe, he also blessed Abraham. "And without doubt the lesser person is blessed by the greater." Abraham is the lesser person—but the real point of comparison being made is with Levi.

Since Melchizedek is greater than Abraham, he is also greater than Levi, and—most important for the book of Hebrews—his priesthood is more important than the Levitical priesthood. The Levitical priests die, but Jesus has been made a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek, a priesthood that is more important for our salvation.

It is written, Deut 14:22-THOU SHALT TRULY TITHE ALL THE INCREASE OF THY SEED, THAT THE FIELD BRINGETH FORTH YEAR BY YEAR (in other words, your garden). "Thou shalt" is a command. Perhaps, you are given one thousand dollars for a Christmas gift. You are to tithe on it. Maybe you are given a ten thousand dollar car. You, somehow, need to tithe on it.

We are to have a willing heart, as, 1 Chr 29:6,7,9-THE CHIEF OF THE FATHERS AND PRINCES OF THE TRIBES OF ISRAEL, AND THE CAPTAINS OF THOUSANDS AND OF HUNDREDS, WITH THE RULERS OF THE KING’S WORK, OFFERED WILLINGLY. This should also be your attitude: yet perhaps you say, "I don’t have enough to even live on, let alone tithe!" Then you can expect a curse, for the Bible (which is true) says it will come. AND GAVE, FOR THE SERVICE OF THE HOUSE OF GOD (you are giving for the service of the house of God)....THEN THE PEOPLE REJOICED, FOR THAT THEY OFFERED WILLINGLY. (We rejoice, because giving is close to the heart of God. He gave everything, didn’t He? Even His only begotten Son for you.) BECAUSE WITH PERFECT HEART THEY OFFERED WILLINGLY TO THE LORD. With a perfect heart they offered willingly to the Lord. Now examine yourselves: when you pay your tithes, is your heart saying inside, "I wish I’d kept back some of it"? Are you giving grudgingly? or do you have a perfect heart that wants to give, because it is holy to the Lord? Give with a right spirit, with a perfect heart, and with a willing mind.

CHURCH TO GIVE ALSO: ALL TO TITHE; PREACHERS MAY TAKE A SALARY

We have seen the church is also to give. The Scriptures show us that the priests tithe to the priests; it goes all the way up the line to Melchizedek. It is written, THEY WHICH PREACH THE GOSPEL SHOULD LIVE OF THE GOSPEL-1 Cor 9:14. THOU SHALT NOT MUZZLE THE MOUTH OF THE OX THAT TREADETH OUT THE CORN-1 Cor 9:9. Preachers can take a salary. As a matter of fact, the priests did; they lived of the tithes. When the tithes came in, the priests had their salary. Then they would tithe to the higher priests, and so on; it would go all the way up the line. Everybody tithes. We are all under commandment. Ministries are under commandment to tithe. If someone were to send funds to missionaries overseas, they are also to tithe, lest they come under a curse. If someone were to send a missionary $100.00, he should give a tithe of that to whoever God directs him. In other words, it is a commandment for everyone to tithe—whether ministries or pastors—we all tithe.

We are to, Neh 10:35-37-BRING THE FIRST FRUITS OF OUR GROUND, AND THE FIRST FRUITS OF ALL FRUIT OF ALL TREES (all fruit of all trees) YEAR BY YEAR, UNTO THE HOUSE OF THE LORD: ALSO THE FIRST-BORN OF OUR SONS, AND OF OUR CATTLE, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE LAW, AND THE FIRSTLINGS OF OUR HERDS AND OF OUR FLOCKS, TO BRING TO THE HOUSE OF OUR GOD, UNTO THE PRIESTS THAT MINISTER IN THE HOUSE OF OUR GOD: AND THAT WE SHOULD BRING THE FIRST FRUITS OF OUR DOUGH, AND OUR OFFERINGS, AND THE FRUIT OF ALL MANNER OF TREES, OF WINE AND OF OIL, UNTO THE PRIESTS, TO THE CHAMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF OUR GOD; AND THE TITHES OF OUR GROUND UNTO THE LEVITES.

We are to remember, HE WHICH SOWETH SPARINGLY SHALL REAP ALSO SPARINGLY; AND HE WHICH SOWETH BOUNTIFULLY SHALL REAP ALSO BOUNTIFULLY-2 Cor 9:6. This is a law of God. It does not mean, if you give one hundred dollars that you’re going to get back one thousand dollars. You will get back generously from the Lord, but in the way He desires to give it to you. It might be in wisdom and knowledge. 2 Cor 8:7 NIV-SEE THAT YOU ALSO EXCEL IN THIS GRACE OF GIVING. One thing that is troubling is when we see a person that does not excel in the grace of giving. Anyone that does not excel in the grace of giving, usually falls away.

APOSTLE DR. PRINCE NNAMS
The church or passtors suppose to pay their Tithes, I and my Church pay our Church tithe to my mentor any other person or church that God led me to do so and since then i have since a lot of increase in all areas of our ministries.

Tithing and today's church
Ideally, the church should serve as the storehouse in God's economy today. Then people's tithes would simply be given to the church. When we obey Him and pay our tithes to the church, God holds the leaders of the church responsible for the distribution of the tithes (see Nehemiah 12:44-45, 13:5, 13). In today's American society the Levites and priests (Numbers 18:24-26; 28-29) are equivalent to pastors and other church staff, evangelists, and missionaries. The feeding of Hebrew widows and orphans (Deuteronomy 14:28-29) would be equivalent to widows and orphans being served in a local church. The Gentile poor (Deuteronomy 14:28-29) would be equivalent to the unsaved people in the community where the church is located. However, in truth, the vast majority of local churches do not minister fully in all the areas of ministry that exemplified the Old Testament storehouse.

This ministry does not see the tithe as a “law” but, rather, as an indicator of obedience to God's laws. The principle of tithing is just that—a principle and not a law—and God is looking for the right attitude in a person's giving. If there were not a willingness to give back to the Lord a portion of what He has entrusted unto us, then giving tithes upon tithes would not make a difference.

So, since the tithe's purpose is to be a testimony of God's ownership, each believer should give bountifully and cheerfully. “Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7). The word translated “grudgingly” is the Greek word lupe. It means sorrow, grief, or annoyance. The word translated “cheerful” is the Greek word hilaros. It means joyful, happy, and exuberant. Therefore, according to the Word of God, believers are not to give with an attitude of provocation or annoyance or feel obligated to give, as if they have no other choice. Rather, believers should give because they choose to give and because they are happy to give and should feel that giving to the Lord is the highest of privileges.

The church of today is the whole brotherhood of believers, not just the individual church on the street corner. When God speaks of His church, it is again the corporate body of Christ. When a believer gives to the church, it is to every part of the body, not just the denominational portions or a physical facility. Therefore, to the extent that a church would lack in a specific area of ministry, a portion of the tithe could be given to an individual, a parachurch organization, or a missionary organization if they are “filling the gap.” In essence, the ministries that serve in God's name, whether the local church or outside of the local church, who are fulfilling the standards set forth in God's Word and whose motives are compatible with those standards, should be recipients of a believer's giving.

Conclusion
The ministry does not feel that the matter of giving should be an obstacle to anyone. Furthermore, we have never suggested that believers should redirect their tithes from their local churches completely. Since the tithe is a recognition of a believer's obedience and submission to God and is given in thanksgiving for His faithfulness in providing, there should not be any legalism involved in how the money is directed. Therefore, if believers feel the need, and God's direction, to help others outside of their local churches and they have no other funds than the tithe, it would be hard to say that they are disobeying God's Word if they give outside of their local churches. Remember that God is concerned more with the attitude in giving than the actual gift or designation of it.
This post sums it up for me as well!
Again, you have a misconception of pastors. All pastors are not like what you explain.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service