FOUNDATION OF A REAL CHRISTIAN
(BY Apostle Paul Johnson Asamoah)
How does the foundation of a building start? The foundation of a real Christian can be compared to the foundation of a building. If a building’s foundation is strong, the building will also be strong.
In the book of psalms, the bible says, if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
When you lay a good foundation it will affect your life. When you lay a bad foundation in life as a Christian, so will your life be.
Sometimes, as you struggle in life, people may suggest things for you. As you go in for the suggestions, you are taking their suggestions for your foundation.
WHERE YOU ARE TODAY, IT IS THROUGH PEOPLE, IT IS THEIR INFLUENCE!
In Christ, everything is quality, so I want to take you through some things/ scriptures you need to build your foundation as a believer.
1. Walk not in the counsel of the ungodly, morally bad people, the wicked, the unjust, sinners etc. psalms 1:1
2. Stand not in the way of sinners.
3. Do not sit in the seat of the scornful.
For you to be able to attain a good foundation, and having fulfilled psalms 1:1, you also need Jesus as your foundation. When your foundation is being laid in God, it does not matter where you are, you will do well. The whole world will look for you.
Having a solid foundation is having pillars. Let your pillars be Jesus Christ.
When you have enough pillars you stand well, let me elaborate on the pillars.
1. One of the pillars you have is a pillar of prayer: but we will give ourselves continually to prayer. Acts 6:4. When you lay a foundation of prayer, you will be fruitful.
Laying a foundation of prayer in Jesus is going to be easy for you; you will have peace, joy, favour and many more.
Peter tried it and it worked for him. Jesus laid a foundation of prayer and it worked.
Mark 1:35 ‘’ and in the morning, rising up a great while before day, went out and departed into a solitary place and there, prayed…’’
Lay a foundation of a prayer for your children and your life and you and your household will do well.
2. Lay a foundation of good reputation/report. Acts 6:3 …look among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, which we may appoint over the business.
3. Lay a foundation of the Holy Ghost…full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, which we may appoint over this business. Acts 6:3
4. Lay a foundation of wisdom.
BLESSINGS OF LAYING A GOOD FOUNDATION OF PRAYER IN JESUS CHRIST:
1. You will be like a planted tree planted by rivers of waters and he shall be like a tree planted by the river of waters, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season. Psalm 1:3
You will flourish as life. Whatever you may do will end up well. You will not encounter failure in life.
2. They shall not test of time. …shall not stand in the judgment… john 10:2, psalms 1:5.
WHAT WILL CAUSE YOUR FOUNDATION TO STAND
1. Your prayer life must not stop. Daniel laid a foundation of prayer, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego also laid a foundation of prayer. If you will lay your foundation in God, you will not know poverty, shame, difficulties.
1. Peace col 1:21
2. Fellowship with God, 1 john 1:3, Isaiah 51:2, matt 26:28
3. Be saved (born again)
2. You will not fail or die before your time. …his leaf also shall not wither and whatever he doeth shall prosper.
Your ministry will not fail before it time, your business will not fail before its time.
3. Anything you do shall stand and stand well. …anything and whatever he doeth shall prosper. Psalm 1:3.
THE FOUNDATION OF THE UNBELIEVER:
1. The unbeliever will fail quickly. The ungodly are not so; but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. psalm 1:4
They start nicely but for some time. The success of the unbeliever is not safe but full of suffering and depression. Please, do not fret over their riches, fret not yourself because of evil doers, neither be thou envious against the works of iniquity for they shall soon be cut down like the grass and wither as the green herb.
As a Christian, in order not to be like the ungodly, begin to start your day with Jesus. Lay a foundation of prayer in Jesus Christ.
Stop saying I did it, I am going, I take care of the children. I think now what you need to do is to look better when you say God did it, God will take me there, this is what you need to do. Begin everything with Jesus.
Prayer: dear God, we pray to you to help us concerning our heart desires in Jesus’ name.
Psalm 37:1-2 ‘’fret not thyself because of evil doers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall be cut down like the grass and wither like the green herb.’’