Psalm 119:89, 105
For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
Today's focus discussion is the Power of God's Word with supporting scriptures which supports this proclamation and they are: Isaiah 40:8 and 1 Peter 1; 24-25. God’s Word is dynamic and powerful and it accomplishes great things (Isaiah 55:11).
Let's outlined some evidence as it relate to the powerfulness of God’s Word:
- God’s Word is creative. We understand that by His spoken Word all things came into existence. Psalm 33:6 states the by “the Word of the Lord were the heavens made.”
- God’s Word has the power to sustain all creations. Hebrews 1:3 states, “God sustains all things by the word of his power.”
- God’s Word has the power to impart new life. 1 Peter 1:23 states “by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” John 1:4 refers to Jesus as “the Word of life.”
- God’s Word releases His grace, power, and revelation by which believers grow in their faith and their commitment to Jesus Christ.
- God’s Word is the sword (Ephesians 6:17) by which all believers use to fight Satan. Jesus spoke these words “it is written” to fight Satan during His temptation in the wilderness.
- It is God’s Word that will judge all mankind regardless of whether we chose to accept or reject His Word-we will be judged!
We welcome your comments.