The Seventh Day Adventist What do you think of there bible beliefs? Are they right about the Sabbath.

I don't here much about this church are people misinformed about this church are they truly following the bible some say it an cult people of god tell me what you think.

Views: 292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are very welcome.
Isn't it interesting how Churches will promote "tithing" claiming that your "tithes" belong to the Lord and shouldn't be used for your own purposes, yet when you show them that our creator called the Sabbath "His Holy Day" they have all sorts of excuses as to why they don't want to keep it!

In case you wondered, no I am not a SDA.

Here is another web site which will be beneficial to you. It provides documentation of the existance of Sabbath keepers throughout the centuries up until the present:

The Sabbath Through History
http://www.sabbathtruth.com/history/sabbath_history1.asp
That is so true I always wondered why and realized people just want to do what they want in spite of the evidence that proves his sabbath is the 7th day moreover I will continue to speak his truth and study more. I appreciate this link I will use it along side my studying and research. Thanks
First of all my sister I'm an Adventist and I can assure we are not a cult. There have been no mass suicudes in the church's history nor do we meet in secret (cultish attributes). If you are looking for the truth search the scriptures and find the church that closely matches what you've come to discover. Secondly, we as Christians are admonished to keep the 10 commandments. They are not ideas or suggestions but rather mandates set out by your Creator. Thirdly, all of our doctrines can be found on our official website www.generalconference.com/sda. Let the HOLY SPIRIT guide you not mortal opinions
My sister Carla this blog was started to draw people who do and dont know about SDA so I do appreciate your input to this blog my goal is to properly inform people about the SDA we are not what people have heard but loving God just like them but so much misunderstandings has taken place over the years about the church people have preconceived ideas based on information that has been misleading or mistakes the church has made in the past. The question I ask to start the blog was intended to provoke those who know to tell the truth and those who think they know to learn from it so I hope you continue to share any more information you have about SDA.God bless
The 7th Day Adventist seem like Baptists that keep the Sabbath and try to be vegetarians (its what they seem like to me). Yeah they are just your average Christian.

One of the problems that I do have with their doctrine is the teaching that there are people on other planets and the people on earth are the only ones that sinned. I dont understand them following teachings of Ellen G White.
Newview as far as I know for as long as I been a member at an SDA church I have never heard them teach on people living on other planets and the people on earth sinned. I admit in my research about SDA before I joined the church I am currently at I saw where mistakes in teachings have been made in the history of SDA .

There were things said and then found out they were wrong and went back and studied to get the right understanding of God's word. There are some who still lean heavy on Ellen White teachings and even make her teaching the final word. But as you know all churches had there bumps to content with But what I see now as an SDA is the bible being taught and Jesus and God plus the holy spirit are what is first always.

Ellen White teachings is used at my church and I say my church because I really don't know what the other SDA church focus on but her writings are used in support of what God has said but we are taught to follow Jesus as he did the will of God not Ellen White she was a vessel used by God and inspires others with the teachings she has written over the years. Have she always been right no but who is God is always right. I do hope in some way I helped you understand the SDA a little better.
I was raised SDA and have a lot of knowledge about its history. I left the SDA church because they are not keeping the commandments of G-d. It seems that way to you now and I understand that. I was very much under the same thinking. Whenever certain things are repeated over and over again you get programmed. What they don't tell you about, and what you have to find out about yourself, is how they changed. For instance, what did it really mean when Ellen White came on the scene? What changed? Surely you must have read Matthew 24. Especially the part about false prophets.

We both know that there are SDAs who hold EGW higher than others; much higher. There are SDAs who are vegan but the majority probably are fish eating vegetarians. Many are not vegetarians at all. But you have to be in the church to know that and to know more than what some website will say.

I will say this about the founders of the SDA church. I respect their study. I think they were on the right path. And I agree with them more than I agree with the church as it stands today. My parents spent the better part of their lives in this church. A lot of my family is still in it. But the church doesn't teach them the things that it would find hard to defend against. Did you know the original founders had rejected the Trinity? They were RIGHT. I believe THEY were the true commandment keepers and then haSatan found a way to change the church and corrupt it so that it was no longer a commandment-keeping church. EGW not only brought in her false predictions (the false ones are obviously the ones they don't tell you about) but also her previous Methodist faith. The thing is, who is going to argue with a "prophetess"? That's why its the perfect cover.

And to this day Adventists are SCARED to challenge Ellen White and her teachings. The ones who do you do not hear about because they leave the church, knowing they cannot change it from within and they fail to influence it from outside. YHWH led me to a site around 97 or 98 called ellenwhite.org which has since had to change its name.

http://ellenwhiteexposed.com/

It was kind of an accident that I stumbled across this site but do not underestimate the information it contains and do not let other Adventists you share it with make you not want to fully investigate it. Remember... people are scared. There are many within the church who do not believe in her and who have stayed. But in reality the problem may have started there but it is now bigger than just EGW. Now it is the legacy of EGW. People find ways to look past the racist divisions in the church but don't look past what happened with the Trinity and this false prophet.

Like others, I am now a commandment keeper, an Israelite.

Shalom
oh and they whole "Jesus is Michael" thing,

that's more of a JW belief than an SDA belief but the SDA church doesn't really teach it one way or the other, especially not officially, so different people simply have different opinions or the opinion of whatever their previous denomination was. The SDA church doesn't like murky things like this. They like more academic teachings that can be easily proven and do not require a whole bunch of blind faith. This is why the Trinity isn't taught very often either. It's simply mentioned a whole bunch of times and you are supposed to accept it at baptism (which is also a problem in my book). The Catholic church said it correctly when they stated that the doctrine of the Trinity is a mystery and (paraphrasing) anyone who says otherwise is a moron..... no.... they said anyone who disagrees is basically denying the canon in question (see Catholic Encylopedia).

In my opinion accepting the trinity is the same as accepting sunday worship. People will always have some rationale or doctrines to excuse it but at the end of the day it is rebellion against YHWH and exactly what the devil wants. The question is how many more times will you continue to eat the same fruit.

Shalom
Brother Zealot X thank you for your input to this blog a lot of what you have mentioned I am fully aware of and some I wasn't I appreciate your insight. I will take a look at that site you posted I am always willing to look into the truth of things thanks because you helped me be more informed just as others who have responded to this blog. If you have anymore input please continue to share Shalom.
I am a Sabbath and Commandment Keeper, however I am not SDA. I represent holiness pure and true. I don't believe in the political denominations of religions because it was not so from the beginning. There was only holiness, though a character and way of life, it was not a religious denomination. We are all supposed to represent the Body of Christ. The Sabbath is not a Jewish Sabbath because it was in existence before a Jew ever stepped on scene. They were just the only ones at the times that were recorded observing and keeping it, but it does not make it a Jewish Sabbath. It's the Lord's Sabbath. I don't have an issue with SDA, I think my concern is: they observe the Seventh Day Sabbath, but doesn't it began at evening on the 6th day (Friday)? Why not observe it then as well? I know some that do, and some that don't. Also, if you understand the command to keep the Sabbath, what about the command to keep his solemn feast days as well. Again, it's not a Jewish feast, it's the Lord's feast days, and they were established before there ever was a Jew. I would like to know more of the SDA, and I would love to fellowship more with them because we are all striving to live according to the doctrine of Jesus Christ. Not only SDA, but all proclaimed "christians" because you can't be a follower or disciple of Christ and not do the things he did and represented. We must stop trying to discredit everyone's beliefs, and work to show forth the truth in love, then will others be more willing to open their minds and hearts to the true word of God.
Thank you so much for your input Henri by the way how is your health doing. I do agree with what you said that the Sabbath is for everyone to keep not just certain people. Yes why not keep all the feast as well your right but one thing I can tell you is the church I attend does start the Sabbath from Friday evening not at 6pm to 6pm but from sunset to sunset so whatever time the sunsets on Friday and Saturday. If you would like to connect with some of us I can introduce you my pastor who loves to fellowship with others and answer any questions you may have if you don't mind sharing your e-mail I will give it to him or even if you would like to call him I can give you his number we all are brothers and sister in the lord and we should fellowship among each other .God bless.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service