What does prosperity mean to the Body of Christ.  Does it has any place in teaching, is it

for the body, should it be taught or should it be ignored.  What is biblical prosperity?

What does the bible has to say about this topic?

Views: 992

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pastor Phillips,

Again, your gift to break it down and make it plain is evidenced here. God Bless You, Sir!

Pastor Day
I couldn't agree more Pastor. Phillips.
there are no teachings from the bible on material prosperity other than get a job..
GB
God has promised to supply our needs..not our wants...PERIOD
GB
Not exactly...

Psalm 23:1, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want..."

Psalm 84:11, "...no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."

Psalm 37:4, "Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

God is definitely concerned with our wants as well as our needs!

Pastor Day
www.derrickday.com
You still haven't answered to Psalm 37:4, and Mark 10:28-30 speaks volumes also. Care to comment on them?
Psalm 37:4
4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart
When we read this verse with the guidence of the holy spirit we hear what God is saying...before we were saved ( born again ) we had sinful desires we wanted things that didn't glorify God,we wanted our way and desired the things of this world...but when we have become born again and God puts in us a new spirit that loves God,he also gives us the disires that please him...now read it that way...delight yourself in the lord and HE WILL GIVE YOU THE RIGHT DESIRES...

God says about the heart...

Ezekiel 11:19
19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.
this heart of flesh desires to do Gods will,as before it was stone and set against God...after salvation we receive the new heart that wants to please God read about Pauls conversion..
GB
Greetings Preacher,

Are these your personal veiws or from your studies.

Every scripture I beleive have multiple meanings and revelations
in context according to the plan of God.

My question also is, are you a minister or pastor.

Does it matter, maybe not.

The paths of rightouness is not just spiritual but financial, mental, emotional
etc....

Is. 48:17 *Thus says the Lord our Redeemer, the Holy one of Israel; I am the
Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit (for your advantage and benefit),
which leadeth thee by the way (paths of rightousness) that you should
go ( you have a choice, the Holy Spirit will not make us take any path
we dont want)

Financial benefit is important because we are called to help others in need too.
Its hard to help others in need if we are in need ourselves.

I beleive a rich person can remain saved just like a poor person. It all depends
on their spiritual maturity.

The Holy Spirit will lead us. We just have to obey.

Hey, I might get slammed for this but

get your money and be a blessing.

In Christ
Pastor R. Phillips
People often think that money corrupts a person. What money really does is help to show the true nature of a person. If you 're a glutton, but you're poor, how will I know? You won't have enough to show just how much of a glutton you are. If you're generous but poor, how will I know? You won't have enough to show just how generous you are. Talking nice saying "if I had it, I would give it" sounds good, but the truth is shown when you actually have it to give.

It's far from sinful to be wealthy financially. Its all about 1) how you got it, and 2) how you'll use it.
Brother Trevor,

I've taught this many times before -- money is a personality amplifier. Whatever is in you, money will make it more pronounced. Awesome contribution to the discussion; stay blessed!

Pastor Day
Amen
Amen

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service