What does prosperity mean to the Body of Christ.  Does it has any place in teaching, is it

for the body, should it be taught or should it be ignored.  What is biblical prosperity?

What does the bible has to say about this topic?

Views: 998

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Denise Sledd 10 hours ago
I know the story...and like Solomon, so many of us get the Word of God and God grant us Wisdom to do right then we get beside ourselves and think we know just as much as God and start acting like gods. I still stand on the fact that real wisdom will bring about financial prosperity, stability and peace. As long as a person will except the Lord, follow His instructions

Its obvious that you have been taught wrongly..#1 we don't accept Christ...e accpts us,and he did that before he created the universe...so I take it you also believe in a do it yourself salvation plan,where we get ourselves saved by works...which also is contrary to the word of God...name one person who Jesus made wealthy financially when he preached here on earth?
GB...
I accepted Christ, because God gave me a will to choose Him. He drew me, by His spirit, but I accepted and confessed Him. I had a choice to chose LIFE or DEATH and I CHOSE LIFE. Obviously, you are serving a bully God, because mine came that I might have life. Might, because He gave me a choice to except Him. And I choose to commit my life to Christ, and I choose to live a sin free life, but I could do nothing without His keeping POWER. This is why I pray, fast and seek His face, to know what He will have me to do. I can live my life like so many others do...as yourself, but I choose to live my life serving God and my fellow man.

In Love, Sis. Denise
a born again man or woman doesn't have to do anything to get needs met..God already promised to meet our needs according to his riches in mercy..if he has promised to meet our needs,then we have no needs...what you and the false preachers teach is that God will meet OUR WANTS ACCORDING TO OUR LUSTS...tthats not what the bible says...

Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
There you go assuming again....lol you need to stop that Brother Preacher. Stop assuming that what people want is what their flesh want, you shouldn't do that. I bet when you walk down the street you judge people according to what they look like, what they are wearing etc. You can't know a man's thoughts or motives. That man sleeping on the streets, you don't know whether he has a mansion or not. The man or woman walking, you don't know if they have a car or bike. The person not eating, you don't know whether their fasting or don't have no food. That woman who has on a wig, you don't know if she's bald or not. Come on stop usings Gods Word to beat people into your understanding, which seems limited. You act as though God don't have power to correct His own creation. If God can allow ALL this disobedience and wake a person up the very next day and give them another chance to get it right, then you should have that same compassion. You don't have to argue a point for God....lol It was FINISHED on the cross.

Encourage your brothers and sisters with the Word of God and show some love and understanding like Jesus did. You tell them the wages of sin is death, that is complete. You don't have to make someone understand why they are male or female or why one is a christian, budist, muslim, catholic, jew, black, white, asian, etc. All are human and ALL have sinned, God know it.... they know it, so let go let God and stop trying so hard to make someone believe the way you do.

In Love, Sis. Denise
I bet when you walk down the street you judge people according to what they look like, what they are wearing etc.

answer: you just judged me, it has nothing to do with knowing a mans thoughts the bible says we do not choose God...i didn't say it God did...if you are born again you had nothing to do with it..
GB
you said: I accepted Christ, because God gave me a will to choose Him. He drew me, by His spirit, but I accepted and confessed Him. I had a choice to chose LIFE or DEATH and I CHOSE LIFE. In Love, Sis. Denise

Again, thats not scriptually acurate,God never said we accept him or choose him...you're learning from a false unlearned teacher...heres what God says...

John 15: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
who should we believe you or GOD?
Yes, I did choose Him....so many others have not. Yes, He chose ALL of us because of His LOVE and I am so GRATEFUL...that He loved me so much that He came down and walked this earth and died for me....Lord knows, I thank Him and love Him so, for ALL He has done and will do for me.

I chose LIFE...and life through Jesus, that as His precious blood covers me, when I go before God - God will not look at me for the sinful person that I am, but He will see the BLOOD of His Son. Hallelujah....oh I will bless Him with every breath that I have....bless you Lord, I love you Lord...My God, My God...how AWESOME you are...touch my brother and prick his heart with your devine love and may he share that experience with those he encounter....amen....oh how I love you God....I will bless the Lord, my soul cries out to you Lord...Lord thank you for your LOVE...thank you for your mercy...Lord I thank you.

In Love, Sis. Denise
Oh, and I choose to pray anytime I get ready, especially when my spirit is overwhelmed with gratitude.

In Love, Sis. Denise
Permalink Reply by Denise Sledd 6 hours ago
Yes, I did choose Him.

RESPONSE

John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Christ is the author and preserver of the ministry of the gospel, even to the end of the world, but the ministers have above all things need of prayer and brotherly love.

These words plainly teach us that our salvation comes only from the favour and gracious goodness of the everlasting God towards us, and of nothing that we do or can deserve.

Ephesians 1:5
he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will--

Ephesians 1:11
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

Romans 8:30
And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Romans 8:29
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

1 Corinthians 2:7
No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.

Gods word is hidden fro those who do not belong to him,this is why so many people do not understand Gods word,nor can they understand because they are not allowed..

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Greetings Preacher,

Poor again means simply without or lacking.

The Bible we read is written to chrstians to live and operate effectively on this earth.
If a person accepts Christ in their life and their spirit is born again or regenerated.

That person is not spiritually poor. He maybe immature mentally but not poor spiritually.
When Christs quickened your spirit man it is alive, well, full etc... Connected to the
Holy Spirit.

Our minds is what needs perfecting and maturing in the Word of God.

So people are poor mentally or without undestanding of the Word of God. Your Spirit
is complete and is trying to get info. to you by way of the Holy Spirit to renew your mind.

According to the incorruptable seed that is the Word of God (your Bible).

In Christ
Pastor R. Pillips
poor does not mean lacking material things in that context I'll proove it..

Luke 16:19“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side( heaven ) he was a believer yet he laked nothing...

Revelation 3:17
You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

WITHOUT SALVATION
Greetings Preacher,

Again I say poor simply means lacking or without

What an individual is lacking is based on there needs whether physical,
emotional, financial, health wise, family etc...

So i did not say it is only financial lack.

Pastor R. Phillips

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service