Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen Brother Watson. Most Christians stay within their own little world of doctrine, causing them to be unprepared for the battle ahead of them. Its not enough to understand your strengths, but you must understand your enemy's strengths and battle tactics. If not, you are fighting blind, setting yourself up for a major lose.

It is interesting to note that most Oneness Pentecostals do not study the Apostolic Fathers for the simple reason that they claim that the Roman Catholic church was corrupt. However, the truth behind their denials is that Pope Callistus I excommunicated the father of the Oneness doctrine, Sabellius, for heresy. It is also interesting to note that at the Council of Nicea, the Eastern Bishops formed the great majority, not Rome like most believe.

Even the Apostolic Fathers before the Nicean Council was ever called taught the Trinitarian doctrine.
Brother Trevor,

You are welcomel

Please, be less talkative and refute my message above line by line.

See you tomorrow!

Blessings,

Bro. Germain
Brother Trevor,

You are welcome, please, be less talkative and refute my message above line by line!

See you tomorrow!

Bro. Germain
Why are you quoting Peter but yet refuse to adhere to the Apostles Teaching on the Baptism. Were they wrong and you right, seeing that they were called ignorant unlearned men and you are a modern day theologian. LOL

You people can't explain it so you refute it with hollow air and baseless contradictions. Then you accuse us of heresy, when we are coming from the word and you are giving links to websites. Boy this discussion is getting very funny, yet sad.
Anthony I see Your Saying What EW Said was Wrong about Acts 2:38. Can you Prove this In Scripture?? Or Are you Just Refuting the Fact That YOU CAN PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS TO FIT YOUR DOCTRINE OF THE TRINITY? MAtt 28:19 Says In THE NAME of Singular one Name.
And Since you Know the word so well Can You show me where in the new testament church was anyone ever Baptized by repeating the command Father,Son ,Holy Ghost?
I am STILL waiting for a scriptural Answer. Thanks Love in Christ,Della Morton
I notice the trinitarians don't use much scripture? Is that because there aren't any? I'd like to see you refute brother Germain's message line by line, using scriptures.
"I notice the trinitarians don't use much scripture?"

Are we a sect, cult, or people who think we are believers but really we are on the outside looking through the window? I've seen much scripture quoted, used, throughout this entire diatribe ON BOTH SIDES and then you read comments like this which make me ask again WHAT IS THE POINT? I'm still waiting for the first person to chime in and say "THATS IT I'M CONVERTED I USED TO BELIEVE _____ AND NOW I BELIEVE______! THANK YOU BRO./SIS____ YOU'VE OPENED MY EYES DURING THIS DEBATE!"

Now since I believe in the blessed trinty somebody that does not please explain to me what in the world was John thinking when he said:

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

We say three in one, John says the three are one. What is really being said?
REV. ERIC The Debate is not whether these three are one we can all agree on that.For there is But One God. But by using terms in the trinity Separate Persons. Can you show me in scripture that they are 3 separate PERSONS IN A TRINITY?
"The Debate is not whether these three are one we can all agree on that"

So why are ya'll debating? I have not once (and maybe because I'm not reading every post) seen where some one said "ok, this we agree on so let's move on to this topic and this topic only" it is seeming like ya'll keep saying the same things.
Yes, you do see lot's of repetition because Trinitarians refuse to take the line by line challenge presented. If they would simply go and biblically rule out all scripture that supports Baptism in the name of Jesus then the repetition would cease. I have seen so many saying that we are preaching a false doctrine, but will not say that the Apostles were preaching a false doctrine. We are on the same page and Jesus and the Apostles. Trinitarians, don't see it and would rather ignore what was said by the Apostles.

So if you all (trinitarians) would just admit that you think the apostles were wrong, and off in their teaching, then we can simply lay this discussion to rest as it is useless to continue.
Oneness also says 3 in 1. But the way it is explained in the Trinity one would believe that there are 3 God's (plural) Oneness believes that there is One God that manifested himself as 3 manifestations. We don't believe that they are 3 separate persons with 3 separate wills, as stated by Trevor. This would mean that they are not on one accord.

Jesus said that he and his father are ONE. The holy spirit is God dwelling in us. So a lot of what we believe is the same but the difference comes in on the baptism. Trinitarians refuse to address Acts 2:38. as well as other scriptures that say baptize in Jesus name. They would rather believe that the apostles were just being disobedient, wreckless or just plain ignorant and unlearned.
EW, first let me say I apreciate your response and the non-combative tone that it has. That being said,

"But the way it is explained in the Trinity one would believe that there are 3 God's (plural) Oneness believes that there is One God that manifested himself as 3 manifestations. "

As I have been trying to keep with this conversation one thing I must say is I have not seen where someone has tried to say 3 God's, but I have seen them expressing as you did "One God that manifested himself as 3 manifestations"

Now somewhere in ya'll language this is getting misinterperted if we say 3 in 1 and ya'll say 3 in 1, then obviously there is a communication breakdown somewhere. I hope this helps all who read and now you guys and gals can take the conversation from this point. The baptisim thing is another topic for another blog (one that has already started).

On a side not- one thing I have heard about the Oneness doctorine is that when He was the Father he wasnt the son, when he was the flesh He stopped operating as the Father, and now the Holy Spirit is resident in our lives and is the only one in operation. If I'm wrong correct me please.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service