Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With God, all things are possible. We are forgetting that God has no limits where as us human beings do.

God can speak to me at the same time speaking to millions of others in, other languages in other countries. You can't look at God as though he has limitations. You take away his divinity when you say something is impossible with God. He can be here on earth in the body of Jesus at the same time as being on the throne in heaven.
No, it was your friend that takes away His divinity by saying His humanity prayed to His deity. We do not place a limit on GOD; we do not say what HE didn't say either. He said "make them one as we are one". To you that means "make them literally the same person just as we are literally the same person." Ask yourself if that makes any sense!

By stating what you stated, you actually agree with me. I too believe that with GOD all things are possible. I too believe that GOD was in Christ redeeming the world back unto Himself. I too believe that JESUS is GOD. Is it impossible for there to be three of the same essence manifested within the Godhead?
Carral,

Who is Lord, Jesus or his Father? Since the scripture says their is one Lord, which one is Lord?
If you mean Lord as in κύριος Kyrios it is a title, like master, it refers to supermacy.
In the Greek scriptures it refers to God.
Thank you Anthony.

I find cults very strange entities, they are always seem so desperate to move away from orthodoxy. What I find fascinating about Sabellianism, is the belief that three modes of God are consecutive and never simultaneous. So unscriptural.

I wonder if they understand why God is thrice Holy?
JESUS said in John 17 "Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are."

According to your doctrine, the Son and the Father are literally one and the same. If we go by your doctrine, then JESUS is also saying that if we have the same believe and are in unity, you and I literally become the same person, Della. We can become one in unity, but not one in essence and literally one figure.
Trevor, The body of Christ is one. If we are in Christ we are one with Christ. Notice how the scripture says that he that hath not the spirit is none of his. In order to be one with Christ, we must have his SPIRIT IN US. The presence of his SPIRIT IN US makes us one with him. In the body of Christ.
That what you stated was the truth!! Now if that be true, then JESUS applied the very same thing to His relationship with His Father, not saying that HE was His own Father! Don't contradict yourself! We are one as HE is one with the Father. You say Him being one with the Father is to mean that He is the Father. To say that but then to state what you stated that we are in unity like Him and His Father is a contradiction!
No that is not what I am saying. I am saying we are members of the body of Christ, but Jesus Christ is the Alpha, and Omega, the first and last, the beginning and end.

You and I are not.

We are born again into the family of God, but Jesus was there from the very beginning. He was the lamb slain before the foundation of the world. We were adopted and bought with a price.

Jesus was always in the Father and the Father was always in Jesus.. The Holy Ghost is not the 3rd person as you all call it but is the Spirit of Christ living in us.
By who was the Lamb slain by!??! Was it suicide!!? If you say that JESUS is the Slain Lamb, you are saying that HE as the Father committed suicide and raised Himself. The Bible however says that the Father was pleased to sacrifice His Son, not that the Father was please to sacrifice Himself!

Also, JESUS said "as we are one". If you and I are one "as we are one" (said by JESUS), then what did that mean? You say JESUS is one with the FATHER meaning He is the Father. So if we are one as He is one with His Father, then we aren't in unity, but we are literally each other!

JESUS said not one jot nor tiddle would be lost from His word! Don't ignore it!
No, Jesus did not commit suicide but he made it clear that no man can take his life, but he laid it down. Are you denying that he was the lamb slain before the foundation of the world?

Isaiah 43:11 KJV

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour .

Isaiah 45:21 KJV

Tell ye, and bring them near ; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour ; there is none beside me.

Hosea 13:4 KJV

Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

WAIT A MINUTE TREVOR. AW HAH!!!

I thought Jesus was the saviour, but the Father in the scriptures above, have declared himself to be the saviour and have said that there is no other saviour beside him. So who is this Jesus then?
1) You didn't answer my questions: JESUS said "as we are one". If you and I are one "as we are one" (said by JESUS), then what did that mean?

2) I didn't deny that He was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. I asked you WHO SLAYED HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION?!?!? According to scripture, it was His Father (Isaiah 53)!!!

3) Did you forget that "the Word was with GOD"? If this be so, then why did you say that the FATHER spoke in the OT? Who said that the Father spoke here? It says YHWH/JEHOVAH spoke here. JESUS name also means "JEHOVAH My Savior". Though it only says YHWH/JEHOVAH spoke here, the glory belongs to the Father.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service