Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are only one if the Spirit of God Lives in us. Which means, God is in us. Jesus and his Father are literally one, not 2 separates even from the Holy Spirit. You must understand that to say that they have 3 different wills, is to say that there are 3 different God's.

This is the MAJOR FALLACY IN THE TRINITY. Not being able to explain how 3 different persons, as you call it, can be One God, yet you say Jesus is 2nd and the Holy Spirit is 3rd. None of that makes any since.

Do you have 3 different wills as an individual?
No we haven't. But God has.

In the Garden of Gethsemane (Luke 22:42), Jesus prayed to the Father saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done." See also, "And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, 'O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt'" (Matt. 26:39).

Notice that Jesus says that he has a will and that the Father has a will. That is two wills: one of the Son and the other of the Father. Furthermore, notice that the wills were in opposition. Jesus did not want to have to go to the cross and endure the suffering, but he submitted not to his own will, but the will of the Father. If this is so, then how can Jesus, who is the Father in flesh (and therefore, they are one person) have two separate and opposing wills on the same subject at the same time?

The response is generally that Jesus was fully a man and that in his humanity he was not the everlasting Father. But if this is so, then what was Jesus if not God incarnate? If He is not fully God incarnate, then the atonement is void since it isn't God making the sacrifice but a mere man. This is the danger of oneness theology. Ultimately, it denies the true incarnation of God.

Sometimes oneness people say that Jesus had another existence outside His existence as a man because he also was existing as the Father. But this implies that there are two beings since each has its own existence different than the other. Furthermore, the Oneness position would have a will of the Father and a will of the Son which are in opposition to each other -- yet they are supposed to be one person? This makes no sense. If the oneness people state that Jesus' flesh was at odds with His own presence as the Father in heaven, then again we have no true incarnation.

The problem with the oneness position is serious and the fact that Jesus' will was separate from the Father's demonstrates that the Father and the Son are different persons within the Godhead. The oneness people are very wrong.*

*Carm.org
JESUS GIVES ANOTHER CLUE THAT HE IS THE FATHER IN THE FLESH

John 8
23.And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

24. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25.Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26. I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27.They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE TREVOR IS THE ONE CONTRADICTING SCRIPTURE. GOD COMMITTED Suicide? TREVOR WE NEVER SAID THAT. You can't kill God Or God can't die! Trevor who do you think died on the cross? It was Jesus in his humanity died But the Spirit Of GOD didn't! It Was The Spirit of God that raised Him up.
John 2:19 (King James Version)

19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Could it be the Father was speaking to the pharisees about his death burial and resurrection ?WE Know no one can raise the dead except the father. Jesus SAID THAT I WILL RAISE IT UP!
John 10:30-38 (King James Version)

30I and my Father are one.

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
Revelation 1:18 says "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Your doctrine separates the deity from the humanity, when Christ never did that and never will do that. Yes the Father raised Himself up. JESUS even said "this command I have of My Father". Who gave Him the command?

Did He command Himself? Your doctrine says He did it without anyone's authority and power, but His own. No help whatsoever! The Bible says JESUS was raised by the FATHER with the power of the HOLY GHOST.
AMEN!!
Carral,

Who is Lord, Jesus or his Father? Since the scripture says their is one Lord, which one is Lord?
You didn't answer my questions.

Carral,

Who is Lord, Jesus or his Father? Since the scripture says their is one Lord, which one is Lord?
Sorry EW.

I had to hit the sack, it was 2.30am here.

However, Anthony came to your rescue, and answered your question, more fully that I would have done.

thanks Anthony.
Caral,

Do you not know who our Lord is?
EW

Why would you ask such a silly question?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service