I have been thinking about this scripture that Yahshua said in Matthew 5:28,"But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart." I was searching for the actual meaning of that, and what I came to is not commonly believed among Christians and Messianics alike. Many will disagree with what I am going to say, and many will find that its common sense.

The previous scripture for verse 28 says,"You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery." Notice that Yahshua is expounding on this one commandment here, and He is giving us a more deeper understanding of it. We must always establish the fact that Yahshua's teachings are rooted in the Torah, and will always be.

Many Christians and Messianics alike believe that the simple "looking" at the opposite sex equals committing adultery in one's heart. But, is that what Yahshua really meant? The primary meaning of adultery is to have sex with a married, or bethrothed woman, according to the Torah. Therefore, the following verse that Yahshua stated means to "look at a married or bethrothed woman with lust". These people "belong" to a person, and to lust/desire them, would be sin in your heart.

It is not a sin to simply lust after a single individual. Its not a sin to desire them. Thats the common misconception of the words of Yahshua, and I believe it has caused much sorrow for many in the Church, and in the Synagouge. We are free to lust after a person that we desire, but we are not free to lust after an individual that we know is married or bethrothed. I hope this shed light on the scripture and teaching of lust.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Understanding that because the bible does not say everything that they did step by step in every situation, we should then look to manners and customes should we not? And if so then what was the manner of the culture of biblical times when dealing with marriages?
Please clarify that more bro.
Me or Mr. Peirce?
either or, it doesn't matter, but i would like for Yaakov to use some sort of scripture to back up what he is saying.

What did the Law of Moses Say??????????????
What does the law of Moses say about what in specific?
Your topic............Because if the taking of vows is not important,then group sex and the likes is o.k.

remember if a man finds a wife he finds a good thing...........

fornication and adultery are serious sins..........
West,

If you were following, and reading my posts, then you would see that I hold true committment in high standard. Physical vows do nothing. Its the vow of the heart that matters over it all. When you, and your spouse become committed to each other, then sex consummates that commitment, and you are to stay with each other for life, as Torah commands(Dueteronomy).

I never said vows were not important, and group sex is ok. Group sex is fornication at its best. Not being committed is adultery, especially if you had sex with the person. So, Yahweh wants commitment to your spouse, especially when intercourse took place.
Rev,

Sure, one should look at manners and customs, but in this case, its really irrelevant. There are many instances where there were NO ceremonies. Abraham never had one, Issac, jacob, and many others. Ceremonies are pretty much tradition.
So I dont get caught up going back and forth on a matter that while I know is very important I dont want to get caught up going back and forth with you becasue I know when you post things you hold fast to them as truth even when they are leaking with holes, but all I'm saying is this just because the bible did not say that they held a ceremony does not mean one was not held. The ceremony is a publoc witness of two people telling the world that they are committed to each other for the rest of there lives, that's why a marriage must have a witness it's more than just tradition. Because if no witnesses then really what you have happeneing is two people having sex on the under then telling the world they are committed. Marriage is honorable in ALL and the bed is undefiled.
True
Rev,

I am very open minded buddy. As long as it fits the realm of great reasoning. Torah does not command any ceremonies. What it does command is COMMITTMENT, especially when you have sex with them, then you have no choice but to commit to them.
So are you saying that polygamy is lawful??????????????

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service