I have been thinking about this scripture that Yahshua said in Matthew 5:28,"But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart." I was searching for the actual meaning of that, and what I came to is not commonly believed among Christians and Messianics alike. Many will disagree with what I am going to say, and many will find that its common sense.

The previous scripture for verse 28 says,"You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery." Notice that Yahshua is expounding on this one commandment here, and He is giving us a more deeper understanding of it. We must always establish the fact that Yahshua's teachings are rooted in the Torah, and will always be.

Many Christians and Messianics alike believe that the simple "looking" at the opposite sex equals committing adultery in one's heart. But, is that what Yahshua really meant? The primary meaning of adultery is to have sex with a married, or bethrothed woman, according to the Torah. Therefore, the following verse that Yahshua stated means to "look at a married or bethrothed woman with lust". These people "belong" to a person, and to lust/desire them, would be sin in your heart.

It is not a sin to simply lust after a single individual. Its not a sin to desire them. Thats the common misconception of the words of Yahshua, and I believe it has caused much sorrow for many in the Church, and in the Synagouge. We are free to lust after a person that we desire, but we are not free to lust after an individual that we know is married or bethrothed. I hope this shed light on the scripture and teaching of lust.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will say NO lol. Also, I didnt mention anything about polygamy.
I know you say you are open minded, but even look at this post title "This is the truth about...." that doesnt say I come seeking to reason with people about a topic it says here is my point of view and anybody that does not agree is wrong. Just noticed that and thought I'd share.
Rev,

I respect that. But just because the title says that, does not mean my mind is closed on it. If you can use both Torah, and Yehoshua's words to show me another meaning, then I will be glad to hear it, and discuss it with you.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service