The word "Spirit" is used to describe the third person of the trinity, the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not just an emotion or feeling. Neither is the Holy Spirit a "thing" or "it." HE IS A PERSON.

He is also referred to in the Bible as the Holy Ghost, the Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Spirit of God and Spirit of Christ. To live fruitful lives for Christ, Christians must be acquainted with the Holy Spirit.

Can anyone describe or explain the . . . .

1. Attributes of the Holy Spirit
2. Purpose of the Holy Spirit
3. Being Filled with the Holy Spirit
4. Manifestation of the Holy Spirit

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is only one Holy Spirit that is in the Presence of God, and that is the messenger angel Gabriel. read the thread I set up on The Holy Spirit. http://abcpreachers.ning.com/forum/topics/the-holy-ghost-the-messenger
There is only one Holy Spirit that is in the Presence of God, and that is the messenger angel Gabriel.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

The angel Gabriel IS NOT the Holy Spirit.
It is true, and you don't have to believe it. Read the Thread. You will see it if you want to. If you don't want to, that is some knowledge that you will miss out on because you want to believe what you want to believe, and not believe what is written.
ZealotX,

Simply put, when I speak of the Holy Spirit, I am speaking of the Holy Spirit of God which is what this thread is all about.

Once again, the question is - Can you describe or explain the . . . .

1. Attributes of the Holy Spirit
2. Purpose of the Holy Spirit
3. Being Filled with the Holy Spirit
4. Manifestation of the Holy Spirit

Now, since you have already posted your Bible Study Lesson on the Holy Spirit, can you specifically address the questions above without a 5-10 paragraph commentary?
The Holy Spirit of God is the angel. God does not do things on his own. He has his angels do them. Whenever God dealt with man he had an angel. Notice when Jesus was around there was no talk of angels until he had to died for the sins of man. He talked about leaving a comforter, an angel to deliver the messages because the Jesus was going back to Heaven to sit, this time at the right hand of the Father. The only thing Jesus did with his hands directly is create the Earth, and all that is in it. What do you think the angel were created for? They were created to be ministering spirits or servant spirits. The only one that sits in the presence of God is Gabriel. I have read all this.I did not pull this from my own understanding. This is what I read, and I have tried to share what I have read, but people want to not read it, or just combat it because this is not what they were taught. I was not taught it either, but I can not deny what I read.
Hezekiah,

You have stated many times your belief on the Holy Spirit.

So, for the last time where you and I are concerned, we must agree to disagree on this subject.

You believe the Holy Spirit is the angel Gabriel. I DO NOT AGREE. Therefore, I have no further comments to you on this particular subject.

Peace in Jesus
You don't agree because you don't want to read it. That is fine with me, but don't go around saying that the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit is something, and you don't even know what it is. That is called lying.
Hezekiah:

but don't go around saying that the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit is something, and you don't even know what it is. That is called lying.

YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY OVER ME! SO DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO OR WHAT TO SAY. . . .
I am not saying I have authority over you. If you preach it, I will be there to tell the truth is all. You got real mad when you are told the truth. This is exactly why you don't serve the Lord right. You hate instruction.

Proverbs 12:1-2 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish. A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD: but a man of wicked devices will he condemn.

Proverbs 5:11-13 And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed, And say, How have I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproof; And have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor inclined mine ear to them that instructed me!

Proverbs 50:16-18 But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth? Seeing thou hatest instruction, and casteth my words behind thee. When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers.

Proverbs 15:32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.
Hezekiah:

I am not saying I have authority over you. If you preach it, I will be there to tell the truth is all. You got real mad when you are told the truth. This is exactly why you don't serve the Lord right. You hate instruction.

This was a direct command from you - not an instruction . . .
but don't go around saying that the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit is something,

Besides, we are not in a Bible Class and you are not my teacher or instructor.

While this is a public Forum, this is not a platform to be used in an attempt to dictate "your instructions."

You and I do not agree on anything except the New World Order. So, your so-called instructions or teachings to me are fruitless to say the least.
I am not dictating any instructions. I am telling you if you teach anything claiming it to be the Bible, and it is not I am going to post the tuth behind it. That is all I am saying. If you were humble, you would not think I am trying to dictate to you. You would see I am trying to help you.

Proverbs 15:32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.
Sister, I just asked you a few questions, which were;

Are you aware when the trinity doctrine was formulized?

NONE of the apostles EVER spoke of a triune god!

Did you know this was formed HUNDRED of years after the disciples died?

Now why did it take so long to get this doctrine together?

More importantly, do you know what religious organization gave us this doctrine?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service