What if I was baptized in (The Titles)Father, Son, Holy Ghost is that Incorrect?

There's Bad News If you were!! because no one in the entire Testament Church Was ever baptized that Way! Let us examine the new Testament Water baptisms and Find The right Way to be baptized! The Good News Is Your here and Hopefully Have a desire to Follow the Bible.

There has been some beliefs state salvation is accepting Jesus as your personal savior. By acknowledging he is the son of God that your saved. Then they teach and baptize in the titles Father Son and Holy Spirit.

But what does the Bible say?

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

You Must believe to come to salvation. But believing is not salvation.

Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

Why did he ask them How they were baptized? Does it matter how your baptized?

YES

Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

So they first were taught.

Secondly they believed

Then was baptized

Next you will see they was filled with the Holy Ghost and the evident of the Holy Ghost came By that God given tongue that God gives to each he fills with his spirit.

Now we see prior to this they had repented but didn’t know the truth about really being saved. But once they seen the truth they willingly received God.

Act 2:37

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mat 16:18

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Now What did peter who God said upon who he was going to build his church on and who was given the keys too say?

Repent, Be baptized and How did he say to be baptized? In the titles Father Son and Holy Spirit?

NO.

He said IN THE NAME OF. NAME NOT NAMES OR TITLES. SINGULAR ONE NAME.

And he gave us what that one name to our one God is. JESUS.

Find in the word where there was ever anyone baptized in the titles father son, holy spirit.

It is not in there. You will never find in Gods word where any one was baptized the 3 titles. NAME OF Means one name singular.

There is one verse in the book of Matthew 28:19 and when you read this verse understand that anytime Jesus tried to make the people understand who he really was they wanted to stone him. His mission wasn’t to prove he was God just yet. His mission was to bring us to him by coming in a fleshly form. Every time they would question who he was he would talk to them in riddles or in a way they wasn’t sure just what he was saying for sure. Even still they wanted to stone him. He slipped away through the crowd many times. So when he spoke of Matt 28:19 he was using wisdom talking of a shadow of what was to come. If he has said go out teaching men to baptize in my name they would have stoned him. Most of the things he spoke did not even come to them or fully understand until he died on the cross then more when he rose again like he said he would do. Then on the day of Pentecost wow. What he said about coming back and living in me was true. For the first time in their lives they saw Christ for who he really was. Ok here is that verse Christ spoke while still walking in a flesh form with them.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

He didn’t give the name of yet they would soon find what that name was to be.
He does give us a Clue that there is one Name for remission of sins by preaching the gospel.
Luke 24:46-47 (King James Version)

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Act 2:41

Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Now those three thousand didn’t just say that they believe that God sent Jesus and that they accept him only. They Repented and were baptized in JESUS NAME and was filled with his spirit (with the evidence by speaking in tongues)

Act 2:42

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Somewhere along the way a large percentage of the church world has left the apostles doctrine. Are we to still follow the doctrine that God set up through the apostles?

Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Eph 4:4

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Eph 4:5

One Lord, one faith, one Baptism,

Eph 4:6

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Living a good life will not save you. the word tells us that if you haven’t been born of the water and the spirit which is to repent and receive the Holy Ghost and Baptism that you will not make it to heaven.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Oh come on I was baptized and believe besides I don’t have to give up as much going to the church I am at now. Whats the big deal? They love God too. What God isn’t gonna let them in just because they didn’t speak in all that tongue stuff or get baptized in Jesus name.

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

See what did I tell you earlier? He was trying to let them see hey guys I came from heaven robed in this skin because I love you. But they couldn’t see that. Do you really think they would have accepted him saying Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Like was said in acts 2:38?

Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Joh 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

Joh 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Joh 10:39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

Below is some of the scriptures from the word of God on baptism.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Act 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 8:34-39 (King James Version)

34And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

He Is The Only Way We Can be Saved.
Don't You Want to Be Baptized the Right Way Today?
Please drop me a line on my page . Love In Christ Della Morton

Here is a Bible Study video on Why Is Water baptism Of The Father,Son, Holy Spirit Incorrect?
FIND OUT "WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?" A must see video.

Views: 550

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark 16:16-18
16. He that believeth( IN THIS CONTEXT IT MEANS IS SAVED ) BELIEVING TO SALVATION IS A WORK JESUS DOES ALONE... and is baptized( WORD BAPTISED MEANS WASHED shall be saved; but he that believeth not( BELIEVE NOT POINTS TO THOES WHO ARE NOT THE ELECT) WE KNOW ONLY THE ELECT CAN BE SAVED... shall be damned.
17. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils( CASTING OUT DEMONS MEANS PREACHING THE GOSPEL THAT SOME MAY BECOME SAVED,WHEN WE ARE BORN AGAIN THE DEVIL IS CAST OUT...; they shall speak with new tongues;( SPEAKING WITH NEW TONGUES MEANS SPEAKING THE GOSPEL AS BEFORE WE SPOKE OF THE WORLD...
18. They shall take up serpents;( TAKING UP SERPANTS EXAPLINED IN THE CASTING OUT DEVILS LINE... and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;( DRINKING ANY DEADLY THING MEANS HEARING ANY FALSE GOSPEL..THE WORD OF GOD IS REFERED TO AS WATER WE DRINK FROM THE RIOCK WHICH IS CHRIST WHEN A BELIVER HEARS A FALSE GOSPEL THEY WILL NOT BELIEVE IT...NOT BE HARMED... they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.LAYING HANDS ON THE SICK MEANS THE SPIRITUALLY SICK..THE UNSAVED,WHEN WE PREACH THE GOSPEL AND THEY ARE BORN AGAIN..FAITH COMES BY HEARING HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD..
GB
Who baptized the disciples?

By the way, I'm not against baptism... I'm just asking questions to people with differing opinions and who have scriptures to back up their differences.

If a non-beleiver or new Believer happen to read this post, I wonder what they would think about what they should do as it pertains to being baptized. Would they go away knowing exactly the why and how and when of baptism or would they walk away with the clarity of a pool of mud? *sigh*
But What About Matthew 28:19?
1. Jesus said, "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost." Matt. 28:19
2. What is the name? Jn. 5:43
Matt. 1:21
Jn. 14:26
The Name of the Father JESUS Jn 5:43
The Name of the Son JESUS Matt. 1:21
The Name of the Holy Ghost JESUS Jn 14:26

Ever wonder why the Holy Ghost is called a ghost? Well, the simple answer is that it is the Ghost or Spirit that lived inside of Jesus = Jesus is the Holy Ghost and the Holy Ghost is Jesus.

3. "There is NO OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN GIVEN AMONG
MEN, WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVED" Acts 4:12
4. REMEMBER - When you think of God - - - - -
HIS POWER
HIS POSITION
AND
HIS AUTHORITY
YOU THINK OF JESUS CHRIST Col. 2:9

NOTE: The Demonstration Evangelia by Eusebius
Eusebius was the Church historian and Bishop of Caesarea and Bishop of Nicomedia and later patriarch of Constantinople. On Chart Page 152 Eusebius quotes the early book of Matthew that he had in his library in Caesarea. According to this eyewitness of an unaltered Book of Matthews that could have been the original book or the first copy of the original of Matthew. Eusebius informs us of Jesus' actual words to his disciples in the original text of Matthew 28:19: "With one word and voice He said to His disciples: ' Go, and make disciples of all nations IN MY NAME, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you'"
We know that NAME is JESUS.
Eusebius: Was the most learned man of his age and was the most influential and important man present at the Council Of Nicea (325 AD) under Emperor Constantine. He was seated at the 'right hand of the Emperor. He did sign the First Nicean Creed but later he became a key leader in the reaction against it.

Let me take this a bit farther:
1. Jesus came in His Father’s name Jn. 5:43
2. Jesus was named by an angel Matt. 1:21
Lk. 1:31
Lk. 2:21
3. Jesus received a name highly exalted above all other names and that at His name of Jesus every thing in Heaven, on Earth or under the Earth would bow down and worship Him - So if there is some other name or names of God they are far below and inferior to that one name Phil. 2:9-10
4. Jesus inherited His name - as a father passes down his name to his son Heb. 1:4
5. Matthew 28:19 says to baptize in the NAME of the Father, and of the SON, and of the Holy Ghost. My question then is: What is the NAME of the Son?

Let’s see what the rest of the Bible says

1 John 1:7 (KJV) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1 John 3:23 (KJV) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1 John 5:5 (KJV) Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
1 John 5:13 (KJV) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1 John 5:20 (KJV) And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. If Jesus is the ‘true’ God than any other ‘god’s are false, fake, deceptions and ‘man-make’ aprons.
In the above 5 verses (and there are hundreds more just like these) the Son of God’s name is not ‘SON’ but ‘JESUS CHRIST’.
6. Let’s explore the word some more:
Acts 4:12 (KJV) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
This verse tells us that salvation is not in any other name but only in the name of Jesus Christ.
7. Ephesians 3:14-15 (KJV) 14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Again we see that the whole family in Heaven (Father, Son and Holy Ghost) is named Jesus Christ.
8. Colossians 3:17 (KJV) And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
We are to do everything, which includes being baptized (Acts 2:38), in that one name of Jesus Christ for in so doing we give thanks to God and the Father. If we don’t (baptize in that one name) we are not giving God or the Father thanks but are giving distain or rebuke.
9. In the below verses we find that Jesus Christ is the one and only ‘Almighty and Omnipotent’ God.

Hummm! Question? How many ‘Almighties’ can there be?

2 Corinthians 6:18 (KJV) And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Revelation 1:8 (KJV) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 4:8 (KJV) And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Revelation 14:1 (KJV) And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Revelation 15:3 (KJV) And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
Revelation 16:7 (KJV) And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
Revelation 19:6 (KJV) And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
10. There is but one ‘LORD OF LORDS and KINGS OF KINGS’.
Revelation 17:14 (KJV) These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Revelation 19:16 (KJV) And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
There can only be one ‘KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS’. For if there were 2 or 3 then no one would actually be the LORD of all other LORDS nor would anyone truly be the KING of all other KINGS.
PART #2
Water Baptism, by Immersion, in the Name of Jesus Christ
1. Mode of baptism--immersion Col. 2:12
Acts 8:38,39
Matt. 3:16
The Greek word is ‘Batizō’ and actually means to dip, plunge, or submerge underwater as we can see by the following.
1. "coming up out of the water" Matt. 3:16
2. "going down into the water" Acts 8:38-39
3. "buried with him in baptism" Col. 2:12
2. Formula for baptism "in the name" Acts 4:12
Phil 2:9-11
Eph 1:21
Col 3:17
BAPTISM - - - - - In The NAME OF JESUS CHRIST Acts 4:12
IN Phil. 2:9-11
THE Eph. 1:21
NAME Col. 3:17
OF Lk. 24:47
JESUS CHRIST Acts 2:38
My Prayer is that you will know the Truth and study what is on here. God Bless. Love In Christ Della Morton
Now Della,

Take all that you have cut and paste and explain it to a new Believer in terms that they can understand.
If baptism was not that important, then why did Paul re-baptized believers that were baptized unto John baptism? Acts 19:1-6
I've never said baptism wasn't important.

I'm just pointing out that within this discussion are more than one opinion on how it is to be done.

Also, I ask an honest question...

if a person gets to the point of belief on their deathbed and died before being baptized, does that make their salvation null and void?

What if you are on the battlefield in the desert and there is conversion but no place to be baptized and that person is killed in battle are they not saved? These are not just some questions where I'm trying to trip you up, these are real questions for real situations.

What would you tell the wife of a man who had a death bed conversion? Would you tell her that hell is his home if she asked you a direct question?

What would you tell the mother of the soldier who was converted while talking to her on the phone but was killed that same day without being baptized. Was his conversion incomplete?

And most importantly....

WHEN WAS THE THIEF ON THE CROSS BAPTIZED? He didnt' go thru a sinner's prayer, He just asked the Lord to remember him when he got to paradise. Does anyone see that?

I'm not saying this is the ONLY way... but when you tell me that baptism and belief are the ONLY way and I see in God's word that someone didn't get baptized... then I have a question about the special circumstances that deal DIRECTLY with that person's experience with God and no other person is around. Once again, let me state again so you guys don't get me wrong... I am NOT saying that baptism is not essential. I just want an answer to the question of those times when it didn't happen.

Friends, I'm NOT against baptism. I am strong believer in God's word as it is a complete work. But I also believe in answering questions that will come from life.
Rev. Luckett, that is interesting isn't it?

So why don't people question that?

Those who have say that the thief was saved under the old covenant and after Jesus' death, now those who are saved must follow the rules of the new covenant. But then you get into yet another debate about covenants, laws, etc.

Interesting indeed.
The thief on the cross got the real thing, Jesus was shedding his blood and dying right there with the thief, and the thief literally believed and died with Christ, and was buried with Christ. He did not need to be baptized, just like those under the Law, David, Joshua, Etc.;
Hello sister tracy,

I wasn't directing this to you, only to those that were thinking this, also I have a broken right hand and a weak left hand so it takes me longer to respond. I will get to all of your questions but it may take me a while.
Minister You are forgetting This topic Is Not About Everyone's so called opinion! These Men That Preached the Salvation Message of Acts 2:38 were telling us something for salvation. If You or someone that doesn't want to have Faith and obey the gospel that's between them and God!
So What your Asking Rest of God To do Is to take the place of God? God Alone is the Judge!

2 Peter 1:20-21 (King James Version)

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Go fill a bathtub up with water and get in and you;re born again right?
water baptism is an outward sign of obedience after salvation water does not wash away sins..and does not save anyone...the only water that saves is the water of the word...the spirit of God...

Ephesians 5:26
to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

John 15:3 "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.

Acts 11:16
Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

Jesus's baptism was better...is what John is saying water was just the shadow of what was coming...Christ baptism by the holy spirit...the lamb that the Jews killed for years was only an outward picture...or shadow of Christ coming as the final lamb...see how this thing is now?
GB
"...water baptism is an outward sign of obedience after salvation water does not wash away sins..and does not save anyone...the only water that saves is the water of the word...the spirit of God..."

Then confessing with ones mouth belief in the Messiah is an outward sign of obedience since talking does not talk your sins away and does not save anyone.

So you have not been baptized?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service